Golden Tentacle 5/5/2018 - Everett WA

Weav

The Golden Tentacle 2018  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend The Golden Tentacle 2018?

• Yes, I wouldn't miss it!
    • Nope, can't make it
    • Undecided

ok, so... I don't want to be THAT GUY, but...

I was looking through the incomplete results we got printed out, so we could talk about the tournament in the car on the way home, and the numbers don't add up. Our results sheet were from after game 3, and only the total points, the touchdowns earned-given and casualty points earned-given were shown. So no completions, or win/loss breakdown.

I got 141 total points for 6th place, winning the best Stunty and most Casualties award ( You can only have 1, so I picked CAS as I had never won that before ). I had 2 wins and 1 loss. I wanted to look to see where I would have been in the rankings if I had pulled out a 1-1 tie in my game 2 rather than the 0-1 loss ( darn elves, I needed them to roll just one more "1" )

While some thought Ogres were a poor choice to bring to a tournament, this tournament scoring/team-build format really plays into my Ogre experience. The three things that really were interesting are:

1) all teams get access to Lewdgrip Whiparm as a star player ( he is the reason it is called the "Golden Tentacle" tourney ) and MOST importantly, the 4 stunty teams get him for FREE! This really solves a primary problem I have with Ogres, which is ball control. He is also speed 6 which would be the fastest player on my roster.

2) total points are based on win/tie/loss + bonus points from actions in the game. You get a base 60/30/10 for a win/tie/loss and then add 3 for each TD, 2 for each cas ( and interception ), 1 for each completed pass ( free points for elves, groan ). This is higher than normal, and is not used as a tiebreaker, it goes straight to your total score. So Ogres can get, I figured, 4 CAS a game, which is nice.

3)  BUT they added extra bonus points! You get +1 point if a CAS results in a kill ( rare to get ) AND 2 points for a CAS from a foul or crowd push or secret weapon ( so called illegal casualties in the rules )! AND a successful thrown team mate is +1 point!  That raises the "value" of CAS by a little bit, the "value" of throwing players, and my snotlings (disposable runts) should get me a nice fouling CAS boost every game!

I had 2 wins and 1 loss which is a base 130 points. I had 4 touchdowns ( +12 points ), 19 total casualties! ( +38 points ) with 3 kills ( +3 ), and 2 completed passes ( +2) for a total of 185!

If anyone finds an official results breakout, let me know so I can check my numbers. I'm not saying I was going to win, but... at least better than 6th.

On 5/8/2018 at 11:36 AM, kb10r said:

ok, so... I don't want to be THAT GUY, but...

I was looking through the incomplete results we got printed out, so we could talk about the tournament in the car on the way home, and the numbers don't add up. Our results sheet were from after game 3, and only the total points, the touchdowns earned-given and casualty points earned-given were shown. So no completions, or win/loss breakdown.

I got 141 total points for 6th place, winning the best Stunty and most Casualties award ( You can only have 1, so I picked CAS as I had never won that before ). I had 2 wins and 1 loss. I wanted to look to see where I would have been in the rankings if I had pulled out a 1-1 tie in my game 2 rather than the 0-1 loss ( darn elves, I needed them to roll just one more "1" )

While some thought Ogres were a poor choice to bring to a tournament, this tournament scoring/team-build format really plays into my Ogre experience. The three things that really were interesting are:

1) all teams get access to Lewdgrip Whiparm as a star player ( he is the reason it is called the "Golden Tentacle" tourney ) and MOST importantly, the 4 stunty teams get him for FREE! This really solves a primary problem I have with Ogres, which is ball control. He is also speed 6 which would be the fastest player on my roster.

2) total points are based on win/tie/loss + bonus points from actions in the game. You get a base 60/30/10 for a win/tie/loss and then add 3 for each TD, 2 for each cas ( and interception ), 1 for each completed pass ( free points for elves, groan ). This is higher than normal, and is not used as a tiebreaker, it goes straight to your total score. So Ogres can get, I figured, 4 CAS a game, which is nice.

3)  BUT they added extra bonus points! You get +1 point if a CAS results in a kill ( rare to get ) AND 2 points for a CAS from a foul or crowd push or secret weapon ( so called illegal casualties in the rules )! AND a successful thrown team mate is +1 point!  That raises the "value" of CAS by a little bit, the "value" of throwing players, and my snotlings (disposable runts) should get me a nice fouling CAS boost every game!

I had 2 wins and 1 loss which is a base 130 points. I had 4 touchdowns ( +12 points ), 19 total casualties! ( +38 points ) with 3 kills ( +3 ), and 2 completed passes ( +2) for a total of 185!

If anyone finds an official results breakout, let me know so I can check my numbers. I'm not saying I was going to win, but... at least better than 6th.

I don't see why Shane would care about any of this information. Take it to another forum, fella.