Blitzmania II league at Guardian Games!

Weav

GW is releasing Blitzmania II next month and I will be running the league for Guardian Games. This is completely unrelated to the OBBL, and will be open to any new TV 1000 teams. This league is for EVERYONE, not just beginners. Can’t get enough Blood Bowl? Here’s your chance to play even more and compete against the rest of the world for prizes provided by Games Workshop.

I am looking for an assistant commissioner for the Guardian Blitzmania league, please let me know if you’re interested. 

Want to play? Please post here and let me know.

Any info about days/time/duration?

If both participants of a given game are obbl members, can/will spp progression be counted for registered teams?

Being at GG will players need to bring anything beyond the regular ordo BB supplies (do we need to bring a pitch, passing tool, etc)?

Days are still being determined, and the timing will be based on the Blitzmania rules. I don’t have that in my possession.

Teams will not overlap with the OBBL or Ordo Bowl at all.

I should have enough pitches, assuming people play on league night(s).

Assuming this league follows the structure of last year’s Blitzmania, we will likely have a league night but games can be played anywhere, anytime, against any other Guardian Games Blitzmania League (GGBL) team. In the last week of the Blitzmania league, we will take the top four teams and do a semi-final and a final, and crown two champs: the GGBL Supporters Shield for best regular season record, and the GGBL champion for the winner of the final. 

All of this is subject to change. 

BLITZMANIA!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sbr said:

Are non-GW models allowed?

If yes, are non- painted models allowed? 

Unless the official rules say different, both will be allowed. I won’t know the official rules until the kit is released, sorry. I’ll ask on Facebook about the rules for last year. 

44 minutes ago, Weav said:

Unless the official rules say different, both will be allowed. I won’t know the official rules until the kit is released, sorry. I’ll ask on Facebook about the rules for last year. 

A few people said that the 2017 rules didn’t specify any mini requirements. We should be fine! Bring on the Woodies!

• Like 1

Forge World and Games Workshop Blood Bowl product manager Andy Hoare discussed the upcoming  Blitzmania Regionals (what I was calling Blitzmania II) on the Warhammer TV Twitch feed just now. A reminder, Guardian Games will have our very own Blitzmania Regionals league for people of ALL experience levels starting this May! Details and start dates will follow as soon as we get our hands on the Blitzmania kit. 

Most likely, the format will follow the 2017 format. That means that you will register your team on BloodBowl.com, and anytime you play another Guardian Games Blitzmania League (GGBL) team you will both complete a results form. I will enter the results into the global Blitzmania Regionals web site, and we can track the GGBL online!

Details to follow as soon as I get them. Post your questions here, or in the Blood Bowl PDX or Guardian Games Facebook groups.

1E8AAB2D-3EE1-4F60-9C05-A4B024867A49.jpeg

Folks, we are still waiting for the kit to arrive to begin the Blitzmania league. As of now, I am anticipating a TENTATIVE Sunday 5/13/2018 start. Remember, this is a very open league, so you do not have to play on any particular day and can play as often as you like. More ground rules to follow, and let's all hope the kit arrives soon. 

blitzmania-header.jpg.a0798c396fb14f6212a48474fe06d6fe.jpg

Official game days are be Sundays 2pm to 5pm at a Guardian Games. However, remember that games can be played anywhere, any time. You will drop off result forms at Guardian Games and we enter them into the web site tracker. 

Can anyone be the ‘commish’ for me on Sunday, 5/6? I have to fly to Boston that day. I’m available the remaining Sundays. 

For you Facebook users that are part of the Guardian Games group, here is a link to the 5/3/18 event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2087350734843278/?ti=icl

BLITZMANIA! 

Games Workshop’s 2018 global Blood Bowl organized play kicks off at Guardian Games Thursday 5/3. We will hand out materials, discuss format, and how to record results...and hopefully sneak in a game!

Blitzmania is a casual, open schedule league for players of all experience levels. You may play anyone else registered in the Guardian Games Blitzmania League (GGBL) any time you like. Games can be scheduled in the Guardian Games Facebook group, the Blood Bowl PDX Facebook group, or in person at Guardian Games. Starting 5/13/2018, Commissioner Jason Weaver will hold a regular Blood Bowl game day at Guardian Games each Sunday at 2pm. Participation at the Sunday game day is not mandatory! Play when and where you want, and then drop off your result sheet at Guardian Games.

Need a boxed set? A team? Dice? Guardian Games has it all in stock!

Register your team at https://www.bloodbowl.com/regionals/. PM Jason Weaver for details.

www.BloodBowl.com

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/04/26/blitzmania-2-coming-soon-apr-26gw-homepage-post-1/

www.Facebook.com/groups/BloodBowlPDX

Hello, Blitzmaniacs! So, no sign of the kit at Guardian Games yet, BUT we will still be meeting tomorrow at 6pm for league kick off. If you have a blank roster, please bring it and we will make our teams at the meeting. Any games finished can be added to the results once the league kicks off. I hope to see you there!