World of Warcraft (2018 revist)

I actually came back to the game after so many years (last played during PandaBear release) and am finding it nice and relaxing for the casual gamer like myself.  Easy to just do nothing (fishing, cooking, picking flowers, walking around a major city) if you don't feel like doing anything, or solo questing with no pressure.

3 hours ago, WarlordGhrom said:

I actually came back to the game after so many years (last played during PandaBear release) and am finding it nice and relaxing for the casual gamer like myself.  Easy to just do nothing (fishing, cooking, picking flowers, walking around a major city) if you don't feel like doing anything, or solo questing with no pressure.

That is, I think, the last time I played too.

And they fixed the gold sellers issue (by copying how EVE solved it many years before), so no people announcing that they are selling gold for cash at every city. 

ahh didn't even notice that as not spending much time in major cities, but yes I see how the token selling system would do that as well.  

Leveling is so easy now as well.  Took my 90 (last time I played) druid up to 104 already just through casual play over a couple weeks and working through the garrison quests in Draenor expansion and now checking out Legion.

They also added an option where you can "pay" for a max level character. Only $60 to get from 1 to 110 in a few seconds (also includes gear so you can instantly participate heroic level raids via the raid finder). Latest expansion preorder includes one such boost, which I ordered and I gotta admit, I think leveling may be my least favorite part of this game. It's nice and casual, being able to 1-hit kill most NPCs. This leaves me the ability to explore and enjoy the setting. And the last few expansions have really made a good setting.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 9:01 PM, paxmiles said:

I had fun the other day casually walking through a level 90 10-man heroic dungeon with my level 110 mage and effortlessly exploring the dungeon. Was fun.

Yup, used to do that back in the Panda days with molten core, strath, blackrock, etc.  Was a way to pick up transmogs and disenchant matts.  Now too busy exploring the new stuff for that.  Though even taking my 110 through Draenor feels unfair at times.

On 5/22/2018 at 9:39 AM, WarlordGhrom said:

Yup, used to do that back in the Panda days with molten core, strath, blackrock, etc.  Was a way to pick up transmogs and disenchant matts.  Now too busy exploring the new stuff for that.  Though even taking my 110 through Draenor feels unfair at times.

Been going through Draenor to get a garrison and such. I like the Garrison concept. Though my mage has had trouble with some of the heroic raids. Can't really heal in combat, so I run into issues if I can't kill things fast enough. Also run into issues anytime the dungeon requires me to assume a 100 level character for some reason (like going into a vehicle, or being transformed). There's a few that can't be completed solo.

Plus Daenor has lots of things that allow my 110 boosted character level their skills (which has been otherwise tough).

And I was thinking back to past games, this is kinda like playing on Starcraft on God Mode. Poweroverwhelming...

On 5/25/2018 at 3:29 PM, paxmiles said:

Been going through Draenor to get a garrison and such. I like the Garrison concept. Though my mage has had trouble with some of the heroic raids. Can't really heal in combat, so I run into issues if I can't kill things fast enough. Also run into issues anytime the dungeon requires me to assume a 100 level character for some reason (like going into a vehicle, or being transformed). There's a few that can't be completed solo.

Plus Daenor has lots of things that allow my 110 boosted character level their skills (which has been otherwise tough).

And I was thinking back to past games, this is kinda like playing on Starcraft on God Mode. Poweroverwhelming...

Well haven't been having that issue personally, but playing 110 Druid.  Did mythic Draenor (rail location) run solo the other day was still easy for me.  Helps once you get the gear from legion though including your artifact.  So you should be getting that stuff then coming back to draenor if you have issues.  The gear is a lot higher stat and damage wise from Legion.

4 hours ago, WarlordGhrom said:

Well haven't been having that issue personally, but playing 110 Druid.  Did mythic Draenor (rail location) run solo the other day was still easy for me.  Helps once you get the gear from legion though including your artifact.  So you should be getting that stuff then coming back to draenor if you have issues.  The gear is a lot higher stat and damage wise from Legion.

Nah, the issue is that the Mage I'm running has no health and can't heal. I'd probably be fine if I used health potions. Fire mage at that, so no pet. Switching to Frost would probably solve it, just haven't really explored the other specs. These dungeons would be a breeze with a druid.

• 2 months later...