Workstation build

dalmer

Hello there,

Doing my best to get back into the hobby and painting / building / etc. 

I was able to secure the spare bedroom for comics storage / 40k table / art table / etc.   I was thinking that a dedicated workstation would increase chances of doing something, efficiency and it's always nice to be able to leave stuff out.

So I built a workstation.  Made it tall so I wasn't hunched over.  Made the work area not too wide so I can reach the far wall when I'm seated.  And I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the front square real estate... maybe like high-density foam to store brushes or something who knows.  But there's storage cubbies in the front and shelving underneath... and I don't have to crawl under a table to get to things.

I'll try and post pics, sorry if they don't work.  Anyway, wanted to post on the forums because everyone here has been pretty encouraging and cool about stuff.

MwgEdiF.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I made both shelving units / cubbies and then made a sub-frame for mounting the table top.  I used 3/4" MDF as the base layer, then just screwed on a sheet of 1/2" MDF as the top layer.  That way if it gets dinged / cut / painted / mangled / to where it needs to be replaced... just unscrew it and get a new sheet of 1/2" MDF and start up again. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dalmer I must say that looks amazing. Great job on the joinery as well on the lower shelves they look fantastic.

I would love to see what you have planned for your paint shelf.

I am personally working on building an adjustable Paint storage shelf that will be mounted to the wall next to my window. I plan to use acrylic nail polish trays I get at the dollar store to group and store paints to make them easy to bring down to the work surface.

Perhaps when the weather gets nice and I get into production I can throw some pictures up of my progress. 

• Like 2