Workstation build

dalmer

9 hours ago, dalmer said:

Planning on going with LED 5000k bulbs for a light source.  Any huge issues with this from any of you skilled artificers?

I've found multiple light sources shoulder width apart and way above your head to be good. With a single my hands always caused shadows... I've been super happy with these while color is important lumens are super important

20180421_081232.jpg

• Thanks 2

So below is the rack system I use for my paints. I am going to be building an adjustable shelf to put these trays on that will mount to my wall. The racks are 1 dollar each at the dollor store and there are other versions as well with cups for brushes and things. I like this system because I can put like paints or a specific color scheme together in a tray and just pull that tray off the shelf to my work space when I paint and then put the entire tray back when done.

The Left rack is a 4x4 and will store 16 eyedropper style paints.

The right rack is a 3x3 and stores GW paints in addition to golden and the larger Primer bottles/Cheep acrylics from craft stores. 

A vial of FW ink is to the right for a size comparison it will not fit in either tray size so they will just sit on a shelf on their own.

All of these paints work great through my airbrush (except the texture paint I left in the tray)

1786013610_PaintTypesSmall.thumb.png.2f9c5bb9421e50733c568b39533fab70.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Okey doke, made some paint storage shelves. 

Used 1x2s that I had and put aromatic cedar 1/4" board for backing because wifey poo said, "it'll be pretty."  So there's that.  I made the shelves tall enough so that whatever paint pot / dropper I have should fit... and I should have enough space for a ton of paint.  I made it as a corner unit because I have other plans for the left side of the table... storage bins, tool and brush rack, etc.

UH7b6Hy.jpg

fYLlM2b.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, andy said:

Your brush and tool rack is so organized... it makes my brain hurt. I can't imagine a world where I didn't spend at least a few minutes each hobby session searching for tweezers or the pin vice.

Do remember, it hasn't actually been used yet. So many things are nice and organized when first set up ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1