2000 Sisters Brigade - Potential Ambassadorial List

Frowbakk

Brigade - 2000 points

HQ  - Canoness  - 45

HQ  - Canoness  - 45

HQ - Canoness with Power Sword/BP - 49 (Relic)

OB SEC TROOP - - 5 BSS with 3 SB - 51

OB SEC TROOP -  - 5 BSS with 3 SB - 51

DT - Rhino with 2 Storm Bolters - 77

DT - Immo with Twin MultiMelta - 122

ELITE - Imagifer  - 40

ELITE - Imagifer  - 40

ELITE - Imagifer  - 40

HEAVY  5 Rets with 4 HB - 85

DT - Immo with Immolation Flamer - 103

FAST -  8 Seraphim with 4 Inferno Pistols, Chainsword/BP - 124

FAST -  7 Seraphim with 4 Inferno Pistols, Chainsword/BP - 113

FAST - His Retribution - 5 Dominions with 4 Melta - 118

FAST - His Retaliation - 5 Dominions with 4 Melta - 118

Got it all except for two Seraphim to equip with Inferno pistols and a few other bits to finish.

Still trying to decide whether to swap one Imagifer for two Dialogus and throw an additional Storm Bolter on each of the Immolators, or keep it as-is with more potential for Heavy Bolter shots.

The Retributors Immolator will usually be empty and joining the Dominions as Bullet magnet,or will carry an Imagifer too, deploy alongside the Rhinos and have a forward firebase with a Canoness running to catch up.

Edit: Although thinking about it, a Canoness riding along to provide a "re-roll 1's" bubble to a unit of Retributors and 4 Sisters squads hidden behind two rhinos parked in in an open chevron does make for a more reliable forward Dakka Distribution Depot.

That's the TheoryHammer, anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You seem to be missing Celestine from your list? 😉 I'm guessing that was intentional but it feels like a large loss in power.

I would do the Imagifer swap. Also, try to get Evis for your canoness, if you can. It makes them nasty (not the relic one)

Also, I'm laughing because you stole my list and swapped some stuff around. :)

Overall, solid. My points are mostly tiny.

Also i posted this in the tournamnet section but since i saw this, i thought it might be worth reposting for you here:

Just 5 days remain for you to submit your list to Jancoran@hotmail.com, if you are already registered. Registration for the event stays open until May 5th.  Those registering after April 28th will be given a short window within which to send their list.

*filing off serial numbers*

No, no... it's a completely original non-derivative creation like, uh, Ricky Rouse or Monald Muck, yeah... that's the ticket!

*goes back to filing off serial numbers*

'Festival of Bolters' Sisters Brigade - 2000 points (15 CP total)

HQ  - Canoness with Chainsword/BP - 45

HQ  - Canoness with Eviscerator/BP - 57

HQ - Canoness with Power Sword/BP - 49 (Relic)

OB SEC TROOP - 5 BSS with 3 SB - 51

OB SEC TROOP  - 5 BSS with 3 SB - 51

OB SEC TROOP - 5 BSS with 2 SB - 49

ELITE - Imagifer  - 40

ELITE - Imagifer  - 40

ELITE - Dialogus - 15

ELITE - Dialogus - 15

FAST -  8 Seraphim with 4 Inferno Pistols, Chainsword/BP - 124

FAST -  7 Seraphim with 4 Inferno Pistols, Chainsword/BP - 113

FAST - 5 Dominions with 4 Melta - 118

FAST - 5 Dominions with 4 Melta - 118

31 minutes ago, Frowbakk said:

But it's so hard to pile on enough war gear onto a Canoness to get them to that 75 point threshold for Mission 1. (Or whichever one has the get-a-power-up for Defending Warlord)

Combi plasma and Eviscerator still leaves three points shy.

Le sigh...

Replace the canoness with Uriah or Celestine?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A week later and I have time again to relate the fantastic performance of the Brigade of Sisters I brought to the 2018 Ambassadorial tournament, where I won absolutely all of my games, as long as you don't count the first two.

First game was against Ad Mech with Cawl, two Onagers, four close-combat dunestrider walkers and... the shootiest shooty-bots to ever shoot skeet: 4 Kastellan Robots which fire so much that my opponent basically cleaned out the extra dice for sale at the event to have enough to roll in one go. He won the dice rolls to "Defend" and go first after I had to set up first which allowed him to line up his shots. And shoot, he did. Even played a Stratagem which made him unable to move for the rest of the game, but shoot his infinity-minus-one shots a second time.

Hey, that's MY army's schtick! Which I didn't get to use because no Heavy Bolter Retributors visible survived to take advantage of the Act of Faith. But on the plus side, I did get experience in moving two units of Seraphim twice to get them into their Inferno Pistol's half range for Melta before they died. Experience I would use later to actually win some games.

I think this mission would benefit from having the half of the army deployed chosen from Power Levels instead of number of units, kind of like the Big FAQ has for reserves/deepstrikers. One unit of 5 Power Level Skitarii Rangers off the table should not counterbalance 24 Power Levels of Shooty Bots of Shootiness Who Shoot Twice deployed on the table. If it's intended to be an asymmetrical scenario, then it should actually be an asymmetrical scenario.

He brought along a Chess Clock and once he'd finished his first turn (about 40 minutes, IIRC) the T.O. came by and told us to play faster. (snark field::ON) I'm sorry that my models aren't getting blown away quickly enough for you. (snark field::OFF) But because I have more models on the table (despite losing so many) it looks like I'm the one slow playing, despite having just started my first turn. Riiiiiiiiight....

For every player I played who did have a Chess Clock, I noticed our first turns were 40~50 minutes and all the other turns took time equivalent to each other, plus or minus a few minutes. And yet we still ended up in the 'Must Finish Turns' crush at the end of the game. Therefore, howzabout putting a half-hour time limit on a players first turn, deployment and so forth included, to put the 'Must Finish Turn' impetus at the beginning of the game where it might do more good than instead at the end.

Kind of like the bidding for deployment in Armageddon games. I caught several players by surprise by bidding 10 minutes to deploy 15,000 points of Orks, and with four Stompas before the official models came out, plus full vehicles and Telly-Porta units of 30 Grots in reserve (proud unit names of Da Speed-Bumpz, Da Sleepin' Poleez-Grotz, Da Tar Pit, and Da Distrakkshunz) along with Stormboyz and DeffKoptas also before the official models came out I had time left over.

Anyhoo, once "half" (in quotes because it was more like 75% of his points) his army destroyed what was actually half of my army in the top of the first turn, it was an uphill battle to gain any objective or win conditions aside from the one Onager I blew up in the first turn to gain my one (Count it! One! Yeah, baby!) point I earned in the entire mission. Still, it was one point more than others had earned in their missions so it dropped me right in the middle of the pack.

With time to spare to get a massage before lunch and the next game, of which I won all of, as you'll recall, as long as you don't count that last one or this one against Grey Knights.

(You do get that this Overwhelming Egotism is intended as a joke, right? Right.)

So I lost the roll to go first against Codex: Grandmasters in Dreadknight Armor and the upside is that I actually prevented two Smites in the game with my practically-every-unit-has-it Deny The Witch on a single d6 ability. Other than that, being able to only Deny one power per Psychic phase with a 1 CP Stratagem (plus another CP for the re-roll) meant that things like the Don't-need-to-see-you-to-shoot-you Psychic Power, Gate of Infinity, or Vortex of Doom were able to go off uncountered. In the parlance of noted philosophers Bill & Ted: it was "Munchy Up The Ying-Yang."

Despite getting almost completely tabled, I managed to score the secondary 'Get A Wounded Model Off The Table' objective with my last Imagifer basically so my opponent could also have the time to also score the secondary and position their army for maximum victory points and a million Charisma. That, along with Actually Killing Something my first turn meant that I had septupled my Victory points from the last game.

A pattern had been established. Therefore I only needed to score 49 points my next game to keep up the same rate of improvement. Sounds like the year end bonus structure I had in Sales. And also why I'm no longer in Sales.

Game three was against Orkzesez: Da Bastion Boyz, where I yet again failed to get first turn, but the board-wide +1 to cover meant I survived in pretty good condition. Or I got first turn and just didn't remember. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

So, the thing about Bastions, y'see is they're Toughness 9  and 30 wounds and don't like a unit with four Meltas shooting at them before the first turn with an Act of Faith. Bastions ALSO  don't like another eight Melta shots from two units and taking a total of nineteen wounds so far. And what Bastions REALLY don't like is actually only having twenty total wounds, not thirty like you thought and losing that last wound (NOT to a Bolt Pistol, sad to say) and subsequently exploding in the bottom of the first turn. As for the unit of Lootas and Big Mek on top, dey wuz not havin' whut you'd call 'A Good Time' at that point. Same thing for Da Stormboyz who found out why three Immolators with Immolation Cannons within firing range was not a good portent for their survival.

His Battlewagon on the other side of the board also found out that two units of Seraphim moving really close before the first turn began due to Acts of Faith also allowed eight Inferno Pistols to come within Melta range. However, unlike the Bastion which was sundered by a Bakers Dozen of Melta shots, The Rust Bukket Uv Clanky Vengeance survived to Dakka another turn.

In his second turn Da Weirdboy managed to deposit a squad of Shoota Boyz on my flank by way of Da Jump (despite 1 CP to Deny and another CP for re-roll coming up unsuccessful) and Boyz bombastically bounced and  boiled from the back uv da bed uv Da Battlewagon backed by bountiful Bikez (geez... alliteration, much?) to wreak shooty, choppy retribution on the Seraphim.

On my turn the skies cleared, the +1 save vs. shooting at greater than 12" went away, and proof of why a non-invulnerable 6+ save is no save at all in 8th Edition came again in the form of Act of Faith enabled shooting from three units of 4 Heavy Bolters before the start of my second turn, followed up by repeat shooting from those same units during my turn after movement and *Poof* no more Ork Boyz except for the ones who duffed over the Dialogus who yet again failed to commit suicide and unleash yet another Act of Faith on the left flank.

T3, 4 wounds, and 6+, 6++ save is more durable than I thought.

The Soopa Seekrit Sekkun-Dairy Ubbjekkitvv was revealed and Da Weirdoy was our spy, and Imagifer Miss Nott AnOrkNoReally was their spy amidst the Heavy Bolters of Dakka Tower. Pity the psychic git charged an Immolator and ended up ash on the breeze with the rest of the Orkzesez Melta'd or Bolter'd to death to win me the game, and my frist win of the weekend, sans Secondary, sad to say.

A long ride home due to construction through downtown Seattle had me putting kids to bed after they got home later than I did at 10 PM, hyped on Buffalo Wild Wings and sugary drinks for a fatigued battle about putting on pajamas, brushing teeth and a bedtime story to eventually flop into bed at 11 PM myself.

I got there early and waited to begin the next day faced off against a beautifully painted Successor Chapter of Blood Angels (playing Orkzesez, I know how difficult it is to pull off neat, visually consistent areas of Black & White Checker Board pattern and good looking Yellow on Ye Olde Flying Land Raider is a high bar to clear).

He got first turn and I managed to Vanguard Scout two Melta Dominion filled Immolators close enough to be a tempting target for the previously mentioned Ye Olde Flying Land Raider to drop off the closest thing to 'SuperFriends' directly in front of them, but they survived pretty much intact. In my turn Eight Meltas backed up by Eight Inferno Pistols all within Melta range made short work of Ye Olde Flying Land Raider, despite the -1 to hit due to pre-start of turn Act of Faith enabled shooting by the Dominions, and double movement for Seraphim to get close enough to unload in Melta range again during the first turn shooting phase itself.

Things quagmired there as I was able to prevent key psychic powers buffing his Death Guard and completely steamrolling the more bodies than successful attacks he could liberally dish out in the area while I brought up Rhinos full of reinforcements to get smacked down in their turn. His scouts and Land Raider hung back to deliver death at range while The Sanguinor and friends dropped in to deal death up close and personal.

This took around an hour and a half, about average with the games with people who had Chess Clocks to measure their and my first turns, if a little on the long side.

That being said:

Me having more units and models on the table is not me slow playing.

Taking time to look up your rules in your Codex is not me slow playing.

Asking 'What's the minus AP for a Heavy Bolter for the third or fourth time is not me slow playing.

Telling me your Scouts rolled a Six which is a Mortal Wound which means no Save word for word every single time you roll a six for each unit is not me slow playing.

Regaling me with yet another story not about this game, back in the day where you had an onion tied to your belt, which was the fashion at the time, yadda, yadda, yadda is not me slow playing.

Asking me to repeat 'Three saves at minus four, two regular saves' over crowd noise a second time is not me slow playing.

Me disembarking a unit from a transport, embarking a different unit in that transport, and that transport driving away to get my remaining Fast Attack choice out of harm's way and you taking time to look up in the rulebook, AND call over the T.O. to find out that, yes, that is legal is not me slow playing.

But, after two and a half turns having time for shorter round being called by the T.O., and thus shifting into 'No Small Talk' mode, and you still take time to launch into yet another story or read your psychic power off the card verbatim, or ask what the minus AP of a Heavy Bolter is yet again, yes, I will become curt in my responses. Brusque, even.

But when you dispute a dice roll, I offer to re-roll, repeat it to get over crowd noise, that is not me 'Yelling in your face' about dice rolls and is not me slow playing.

My advancing units all game to have some in position to move into your deployment area to get Linebreaker, and you having held a stationary position all game and not having any units in position to advance into my deployment zone as a result is not me slow playing.

Waste not time, want not time.

Oh, Twinsezes play-date is almost here, so I'll have to wrap it up.

Last game was against Tyranids, I seized the initiative, and Started removing Carnifexes from the board and was able to prevent his Mawloc from coming in due to having spread out so much that his tag-along Genestealers (fortunately for me) failed a charge and were on the receiving end of the Drive-Up Dakka Distribution Depot of four units of Battle Sisters and a unit of Heavy Bolters dishing out ridiculous amounts of Bolter shots of varying varieties with re-rolls due to the Canoness who hitched a ride. More bullets than he had bodies, plus moving Seraphim into inferno Pistol range of his Warlord behind his lines so Brain-bug was the closest model was also a high point.

Stuck Middle-of -the-pack (my best possible showing given lack of time for games outside of tourneys/events) but overall fun.

Got a gift certificate, but the play's the important thing. And more plastic crack to add to whatever I may want to play next/trade bait for something else.

Tl:dr - AWould play Ambassadorial again. 'Twas fun.

Tweaked the list to make it even MORE MSU-ier

45 - HQ - Canoness (45) with Chainsword/ Bolt Pistol

45 - HQ - Canoness (45) with Chainsword/ Bolt Pistol (I never got to use the Eviscerator, so the points were basically wasted here)

49 - HQ - Canoness with Power Sword (4 - Relic)/ Bolt Pistol (Warlord)(Keeping the Relic because a +2 S, 3 Damage weapon for 4 points is too good to pass up)

51 - OB SEC TROOP - 5 BSS (45) with 3 Storm Bolters (6)

51 - OB SEC TROOP - 5 BSS (45) with 3 Storm Bolters (6) (Both units above to provide a buffer for the Heavy Bolter Retributors)

77 - DT – Sororitas Rhino (73) with 2 Storm Bolters (4)

122 - DT – Immolator (68) with Twin MultiMelta (54)

122 - DT – Immolator (68) with Twin MultiMelta (54)

40 - ELITE - Imagifer

40 - ELITE - Imagifer

40 - ELITE - Imagifer (now for up to FOUR Acts of Faith before the turn begins)

15 - ELITE - Dialogus

15 - ELITE - Dialogus (Nobody wants to kill me and release yet another Act of faith, Hmm...)

85 - HEAVY - 5 Retributors (45) with 4 Heavy Bolters (40)

103 - DT – Immolator (68) with Immolation Flamer (35)

91 - FAST - 5 Seraphim (55) with 4 Inferno Pistols (36), Superior with Chainsword/Bolt Pistol

91 - FAST - 5 Seraphim (77) with 4 Inferno Pistols (36), Superior with Chainsword/Bolt Pistol (The extra bodies didn't help survivability, so off you go)

118 - FAST - 5 Dominions (50) with 4 Melta (68)

110 - DT – Repressor (91) with Heavy Flamer (17) and Storm Bolter (2)

118 - FAST - 5 Dominions (50) with 4 Melta (68)

118 - FAST - 5 Dominions (50) with 4 Flamer (36) and CombiFlamer (11) (to get out and provide more guaranteed hits while up close and personal than Storm Bolters)

110 - DT – Repressor (91) with Heavy Flamer (17) and Storm Bolter (2)

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Frowbakk said:

Having the first turn time limit would help get games going more quickly as well. 

It would make deliberate dither-ers like me more decisive.

Perhaps it would.  Ultimately, practice is the best cure for that.  I think that sometimes we like tinkering with lists so much that we don't spenf the time to "get gud" with the list we have.  I tend to practice my lists a lot and I tinker very little, which makes me a LOT better with it than someone would suspect if they just looked at the list on paper.  And with familiarity comes confidence in how you need to deploy it.  That's been my experience.

The changes I make to lists is usually not until I've played it a pretty fair number of times.  Otherwise you can never determine whether the list is the issue or just how you are using it.  So practice practice practice.  

I love Sisters of Battle and yours are really cool so I definitely hope to get some games in with you.

• Like 1