Infinity War with Spoilers thread, NOW FEATURING: Goliath and Wasp

InfestedKerrigan

It was really good.

The body count was surprising for both the volume AND who actually survived.  I was pretty surprised that Cap survived this one, but I suppose he and Iron Man need to make up before they both die.

It was extremely well paced.  Longest Marvel movie, but didn't really feel like it dragged anywhere. 

Best pairing?  Rocket/Thor?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I guess I'm the odd one out this time. Tho there were many individual bits that were awesome, too much of the impact of the story relied on arcs that I didn't like when they came up originally in the earlier movies, so it just didn't hold together for me. I was actually feeling bored for some pretty substantial chunks of it, basically anything focusing on Strange, StarLord, or Vision/SWitch.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, generalripphook said:

The guy guarding the soulstone was the villian from Guardians of the Galaxy 1 right? 

Nope. He was the villain from Captain America 1.

I strongly suspect that Steve and Tony are going to bite it in the next Avengers flick. Their contracts probably run through that one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, WestRider said:

Oh, also: The creatures that the Black Order used to swamp Wakanda's shield were super reminiscent of Genestealers, which was cool. Hulkbuster suit vs. them was not too far off from how I would envision a Space Hulk fight going down.

I thought the aliens looked like Gene Stealers, too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/27/2018 at 9:45 AM, shmitty said:

Did we ever see the Soul Stone used?  I know we saw the Power, Space, Reality, and Time stones all get used, but don't recall seeing the Soul Stone used.

He used it when he woke up in the water and saw the young Gamora(sp). "what did it cost?" "Everything" I think this is the key scene and will show Thanos has regerts.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scottshoemaker said:

There're in the mirror universe.  Nobody's dead and Thanos thinks he's won. Strange threw a portal at Thanos on Titan.

Boom.

I figure we're in for this but I will lose respect for them if the just call king's X.  I'm hoping they'll actually write something reasonable involving actually using the infinity stones instead of just saying "and it was all a dream so let's go on about our business".

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2018 at 11:30 PM, Raindog said:

The surround sound adds a great deal to the movie. The guy in front of me spilling his pop all over, not so much. 

I went and saw it in 3D. It was very cool and not that much more expensive than a regular ticket. Pretty sure that's how I will see movies like this one from now on. 

• Like 3

I thought it was pretty great overall, but wasn't feeling that all the way through. There were definitely some points where it felt a little disjointed and I felt like they humanized Thanos more than I would like for the character. I do appreciate that they made him less one-dimensional, but I think it took a bit away from the Mad Titan to have him get a little touchy feely at parts. That said, seeing him win in the end was the perfect character moment for one of my favorite villains so I can't complain too much. I'd say it's fairly obvious that losing like this was Doctor Strange's plan as the only 1/14 million plan that could succeed, but it'll be interesting to see that all play out next year or whenever we finally get a followup to all of this.

Also I was totally holding my breath for there to just be no after the credits scene at all as the ultimate f- you to the audience after murdering everyone, but it was nice too see Fury so it's cool.

• Like 4

Here's the thing, Strange said there was one way to win, however, he didn't say it was that battle. So clearly things are going to plan as Strange saw them. The final question is, how much will get undone by defeating Thanos. You know they can't keep everyone they killed as dead. So then it really comes back to, who's going to die after the stuff is undone.

Also, very annoyed (after the fact) that there was no Hawkeye. I don't see any reason why he couldn't have been with the rest of Cap's crew. 

I also don't think they actually did a mirror universe. Strange would have had to do the entire universe otherwise, the people would not be in it. So no out that way.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

Also, very annoyed (after the fact) that there was no Hawkeye. I don't see any reason why he couldn't have been with the rest of Cap's crew.

I was kind of wondering about that myself. I haven't looked it up, but the first thing that comes to mind is something like a scheduling conflict for Renner, similar to why Sif wasn't in Thor: Ragnarok.

• Like 2