Grr - Don't use Unread Content if you haven't seen Infinity Wars

pretre

12 hours ago, Burk said:

ok...so I use un-read and I only see the titles, not content.  Perhaps you should try this.   And even if you saw the preview...sheez man it only shows a sentence or two.....dont click in it.

I didn't click on it. I see the title and the first sentence or two of the post. The first sentence of a post yesterday was something like 'Man it was crazy when X did Y to Z in the movie'.

Example below:

Griff1.png

1 hour ago, Burk said:

you should change your settings so you only see the title of the thread.

Okay, Burk, I get that you're trying to help, but a couple things:

1) The damage is already done.

2) I don't wanna. I use unread all the frickin' time to stay up on what is happening here. Part of that is seeing what the posts are before I click them.

3) I'm not blaming people, as I have said in this thread.  I am blaming the situation which includes everyone involved, including myself. Could I have stopped myself from seeing spoilers? Sure, if I had known ahead of time that they were going to be posted in a thread I could have changed my settings on Ordo so that I couldn't see them. I am probably going to have to do that in the future, so lesson learned.

4) The point of this post wasn't really to make people who are posting spoilers do anything different or to blame anyone. It was to vent my frustration and warn anyone else who might use that option that it was not safe.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, pretre said:

Okay, Burk, I get that you're trying to help, but a couple things:

1) The damage is already done.

2) I don't wanna. I use unread all the frickin' time to stay up on what is happening here. Part of that is seeing what the posts are before I click them.

3) I'm not blaming people, as I have said in this thread.  I am blaming the situation which includes everyone involved, including myself. Could I have stopped myself from seeing spoilers? Sure, if I had known ahead of time that they were going to be posted in a thread I could have changed my settings on Ordo so that I couldn't see them. I am probably going to have to do that in the future, so lesson learned.

4) The point of this post wasn't really to make people who are posting spoilers do anything different or to blame anyone. It was to vent my frustration and warn anyone else who might use that option that it was not safe.

so you are changing to your settings....got it 🙂

15 hours ago, pretre said:

I didn't click on it. I see the title and the first sentence or two of the post. The first sentence of a post yesterday was something like 'Man it was crazy when X did Y to Z in the movie'.

Example below:

Griff1.png

Sorry, I had no idea. I thought I was only posting in the Spoilers thread.