Dudemans?

spagunk

Thanks! I was originally going to forget the orange off the armor but when I sat and looked at the figure, I just couldn't deal with it. Made the base look dead. So did my best to dry brush orange to at least give some sort of source lighting even though the purity seals would all burn up that close to lava. I'll just say they are animal skin or something that could take a little heat :D.

• Like 1

I seem to remember a bit from somewhere saying that they sometimes use more durable materials than wax and paper for purity seals on armour that's actually going into battle, as opposed to ceremonial duties. Like, ceramite levels of more durable materials. Materials that don't even notice something like a little bit of lava ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Heh, yeah that's kind of what I thought. especially since he has a bionic eye which would NOT fit that helmet.

Here is yet another man for my pile:

DOKSiPs.jpg

qW4GyZr.jpgJb0eBQY.jpgBclOn6s.jpgvPtGDdo.jpg

Also, I think I've contracted model paint poisoning or something because I've got 12 more guys I am starting tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, WestRider said:

Aren't BA Vets supposed to have gold helmets instead of the yellow that the Assault Squads have? I'm just sayin', those are some pretty shiny dudemans, but they could be shinier 😄

3rd edition veteran assault Marines had yellow helmets. Most of my paint schemes try to follow the 2nd/ 3rd edition theme (black bordered shoulder pads and whatnot). I made some modifications on it like my main company has silver chest plates vs yellow and such. But I've adapted it so that any Battle company Marines get codex standard ( red rimmed shoulders) but have 3rd edition chest eagles (orange/yellow).

Gold will probably go on my sternguard since veteran Marine squads used to just have red helmets and stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If it's an issue, could just do them all without helmets...

I do like how your helmetless models have been turning out. You definitely have those eyes down. I fail way too often at that.

Oh, maybe my eyes are just getting worse, but there's something off about the level of focus in some of the shots above. 

On July 19, 2018 at 10:58 PM, spagunk said:

vPtGDdo.jpg

The backpack and shoulderpad just look slightly blurry. I don't think it's the model, I feel like it's the camera, somehow. 

Meh, might not matter to you. Could still be my eyes suck...

2 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Oh, maybe my eyes are just getting worse, but there's something off about the level of focus in some of the shots above. 

The backpack and shoulderpad just look slightly blurry. I don't think it's the model, I feel like it's the camera, somehow. 

Meh, might not matter to you. Could still be my eyes suck...

It's just my phone's camera so focus can be off sometimes.

• Like 1