Does anyone know an of a reliable opponent finder?

Duckman

I started looking at KoW while I was in Lexington and there were abundant opponents.  I've moved on to Pittsburgh and while there is a fantastic shop here with more tables and players than I have seen in one place in my life (and that includes tournaments).  The problem is that there is not a square-baser to be seen.  There was lots of Flames of War and lots of 30k or 40k but nothing fantasy going on at all (not even AoS which the staff said was not uncommon).

Based on tournament notes that I have seen there have got to be at least a few players but I am at a loss for how to find them.

The KoW community is an oddity in that it's very active on Facebook and really nowhere else. I know Pittsburgh has its own page, but I'd recommend a broader view in joining your Masters region group (Northeast for PA) along with the Kings of War Fanatics group to really get into the community. 

Sadness is signing up for a Cambridge Analytica account to find hobby gamers.

No problems finding the Fanatics and the NE Masters groups.  Not seeing anything for Pittsburgh that is not related to the musical group.  If you should happen to see this, Kremmet, hit me with a link to the Pittsburgh page if you still have it.

On 5/20/2018 at 1:08 PM, Kremmet said:

Yep, welcome to our dystopian future!

He said Pittsburgh and my mind goes to him living in China due to harbor freight's Pittsburgh tool line....Definitely dystopian. lol.

On 5/18/2018 at 7:16 PM, Duckman said:

I started looking at KoW while I was in Lexington and there were abundant opponents.  I've moved on to Pittsburgh and while there is a fantastic shop here with more tables and players than I have seen in one place in my life (and that includes tournaments).  The problem is that there is not a square-baser to be seen.  There was lots of Flames of War and lots of 30k or 40k but nothing fantasy going on at all (not even AoS which the staff said was not uncommon).

Based on tournament notes that I have seen there have got to be at least a few players but I am at a loss for how to find them.

Usually, each store has a facebook group dedicated to their players (if the store lacks a forum of their own). Ask there maybe?

I know a few AoS players that just show up at the store and aren't active in the AoS community at all - no clue how you'd get in contact with them if they stopped showing up (well, one I personally know from the grocery store...).

Oh, old school, ask the store if you can put up a paper message on a physical bulletin board or wall that advertises your interest in creating a community of KoW (or more general fantasy) players.

So I messaged regional chairs for the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.  Sounds like there is much in Pittsburgh area.  What I would recomend doing is going to a tournament up there and checking it out.  You will be able to meet the other guys in the NE and I have heard they put on fantastic events.  

I'm planning on doing just that but most of the guys I expect to meet are from 3-5 hours east or from Columbus (3 hours west) which is where MasterCrafted is.  I've joined the FB groups for Ohio War Kings and Northeast US Kings of War.  There's plenty to do if I want to spend 3-4 hours driving (one way) but nobody, including the guys from NE US and the local pathfinder, have been able to put me in touch with anyone closer (other than the local pathfinder) who is in Erie every weekend with family or girlfriend.