Warhamsters these are NOT dollies: spoiler thread

VonVilkee

Hello there ordo!

Corey "Von" Wilke captain of the team here to spoil all the things about our team. Well maybe not everything, let's call it everything I'm enthused enough to Swype into my phone and post...

First off members

Vonvilkee: duh I'm the captain

Munkie: Kevin returning ofcc vet know him? You love him. Don't know him? Prepare to fall in love :P.

Sugarlessllama: Will moved up here from Portland somehow this will be his first ofcc. Storiest story teller you will ever meet!

non forum member Mike: this guy is a blast to play I love the way he naturally got with the goal of the event. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Corey 's stuff. 

I'll be revisiting my combat squad of dreads with a salamanders space marine army.  Venerable, 2 iron clad, Las missile, and double twin auto cannon mortis (forge world allows!). From there I just added already painted things... Vulcan, terminator librarian (need to paint arms), Land raider Achilles, thunder fire cannon (love my squat hover cannon counts as), 5 bolter scouts, 3 five man marine squads (2 multi melta, 1 heavy bolter), and 5 assault marines no jump packs sarge with a power axe 2 flamers. 

edit: changed list will re write soon bray'arth Ashmantle is actually fewer points than the land raider and I should paint him...

I'm an experienced ofcc vet who likes to play as right as possible but also starts drinking Friday once the keys are with the valet and keeps drinking till Sunday sober up to drive home time.  We shall see if my closer to 40 than 30 self can maintain this after skipping a year caused by the birth of my daughter. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

place holder

Edit:

Hi, I'm Kevin and I've been going to the OFCC for a long time.

I used to be somewhat competitive, or at least more familiar with the rules. But my honeymoon phase with GW has passed so I keep the game somewhat at arm's length these days. I sold every army but my Dark Eldar and I love them dearly.

The OFCC is the main reason I keep painting and I'm committed to getting my whole collection done some day. An excuse to drink and talk [big bad swear word] to all you nerds, is all the inspiration I need to get it done. 

I'm updating my DE to 8th edition now and trying to figure it out. I like to build good, not great lists and show off the variety of that incredible range of models. I know I'm running the 3 patrol formation with 1 each of kabal, cult, and coven. My goal is to paint up a lot of haemonculus coven stuff, but if I don't have the time to finish it all, I may default to the beast pack I've run for so long. 

Looking forward to it! 

• Like 2

Edit real deal:

Hello everyone! I'm Will, otherwise known as Sugarlessllama. This will be my first OFCC, and I am super excited about it. For my first organized event of 8th edition, I will be unveiling my Imperial Knight army. I have been working on it for a while since they were first released in 6th edition in fact. 🙂 And with the release of the first new Imperial Knight kits since 6th edition, I think I am finally ready to run an entire army consisting entirely of big stompy robots.

I will be fielding an Imperial Knight House of my own creation: House Iyrnblϋd

House Iyrnblud: Super Heavy Detachment

Questor Imperialis Household Tradition: House Terryn

Knight Paladin: Sir George (Warlord)

Warlord Trait: Landstrider

- Stormspear rocket pod

Knight Errant: Dame Kestrel

- Stormspear rocket pod

Knight Errant: Sir Edmund

- Stormspear rocket pod

Knight Castellan: Silens eques auratus

Total points: 1,952

original short bit by captain:

Sugar less llama is looking to take an Imperial Knights army full on knight house we shall see how crazy the book makes it and pass judgement. 

It should be known that big robots have a special place in my heart so I'm excited to see his Baron come to the table with his son and niece in tow. Playing his three knight list was a joy and the new book looks to just enhance his internal story of this house!

• Like 2

No longer just a place holder. 

Mike's list will be very blood for the blood God in rhinos with predator support. It is almost all painted already and looking good people!

Should have some firm info soon. 

Okay Michael delivered like a boss!

Rumbling and grinding of ancient machines fills the air as a battery of predator tanks roll in to firing position. As the cannons boom, rhinos' engines roar as they move to collide with enemy ranks. Inside, Berserkers stand shoulder to shoulder, lead by their Exalted  Champion and worked to a religious frenzy by the Dark Apostle, ready to tear in to mortal flesh. Chainaxes roar like battle cries as the doors of the Rhinos fall open. The sounds of battle overcome all, and the black wings of the warlord swoop low. Once a mighty commander of Khorne, his ascension to daemon-hood has made him infinitely more deadly. Behind him, a sea of chittering Bloodletters rush to join the fray. 

So, my name is Michael and this will be my first time coming to this event. I'm a devoted player and hobbyist but have the most fun with casual lists. I enjoy a good thematic experience and will openly celebrate close games and pivotal rolls. I'm excited to meet the community! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Well finally found the models for the list... thought I had more of it painted and or magnetized... changed the list to ensure ease of painting.  edited in above post. 

Edit: while double checking my math I realized I might be able to go old school... we shall see if I can paint Bray'arth Ashmantle before lists are due. If I can he is "only" 400 pts so not over. 

His stats are kinda insane!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I'm Will, otherwise known as Sugarlessllama. This will be my first OFCC, and I am super excited about it. For my first organized event of 8th edition, I will be unveiling my Imperial Knight army. I have been working on it for a while since they were first released in 6th edition in fact. 🙂 And with the release of the first new Imperial Knight kits since 6th edition, I think I am finally ready to run an entire army consisting entirely of big stompy robots.

I will be fielding an Imperial Knight House of my own creation: House Iyrnblϋd

House Iyrnblud: Super Heavy Detachment

Questor Imperialis Household Tradition: House Terryn

Knight Paladin: Sir George (Warlord)

Warlord Trait: Landstrider

- Stormspear rocket pod

Knight Errant: Dame Kestrel

- Stormspear rocket pod

Knight Errant: Sir Edmund

- Stormspear rocket pod

Knight Castellan: Silens eques auratus

Total points: 1,952

• Like 5

Before I post my list, I am curious to grab some opinions if ye readers will be so kind. 

I'm trying to decide on the sub-faction for my Kabal detachment in my Drukhari army. 

I'm currently testing it with the Black- heart kabal. I won't bore you with all the details but their stratagem is their main appeal. It's 3 CP. When an opponent uses a stratagem, I can roll a D6 after the opponent spent the CP. 1, nothing happens; 2-5, the stratagem is stopped and the opponent gets their CP back; 6 the stratagem is stopped and they don't get their CP back.

The kicker is the warlord trait redeems a CP on a 6 anytime I, or my opponent, spends a CP. So, often 5 attempts to farm CP when I use that stratagem (3 for me, average 2 from the opponent).

The question: 

Is stopping opponent's stratagems in their tracks too much of a negative play experience for the OFCC?

Thank you! 

• Thanks 1