Small buisness Owners

InfestedKerrigan

11 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

I've been working out of town, and forgetting to keep my food receipts. QBSelf is what I'd been looking at. Someone recommended "Neat" I believe it was called, but it sounded like it was a third party QB interface. So, I haven't checked it out yet.

At least on IOS, there's an app. You link any accounts that might be affected by business (for me Paypal and my credit card) and it scrapes transactions automagically. Then you just mark them personal, business, etc. You can attach receipts by taking a pic. It auto tracks your movement so you can make each trip you make personal or business and you can set it to integrate with tax stuff (like Turbotax) so that you can pay your taxes over the course of the year for your self-employment income.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Weav said:

You’re focused on one small factor of an accounting suite. It does great invoicing, and most importantly, isn’t Quickbooks.

Actually, that's two: Price and ability to import transactions. I was reading a bit more and Xero has a lot more bank APIs for foreign banks than QB but not a lot of domestic ones.Invoicing might be good for IK but chances are it isn't going to handle my kind of Inv,.

I'm kind of a fan of QB self-employed, so far it has been great to me. I'm legitimately curious, so what is going for it? Sell me on this because 'it's not QB' is not a differentiator for me.

Just now, InfestedKerrigan said:

"It's not QB" was one of my...requests?, as it were. 

From what I'm seeing, starting off with QB:SE and rolling into Xero when I switch to from Sole Proprietor to LLC. 

Although, I hadn't noticed the difference in invoicing ability. Like @pretre said, that's a bit more impacting/beneficial for me.

Okay, fair enough. That being said, I'm still really curious about the difference and was hoping he'd elaborate with what it is good at.

• Thanks 1