Fallout 76 official teaser trailer

dalmer

They're trying to make a world that feels post apocalyptic. In that world (like walking dead), taking resources sometimes seems like a must. Making players make that kind of choice is something developers have been trying to do well for years, not sold anyone has done it well.

That said, it'll be made to see how well they innovate that concept. I agree, it's failed to be properly managed before with open griefing existing in unlocked games in the past. It really comes down to well implemented, annoyance, or punishment.

Griefing will always exist, it's a game type really. Question is will you be the mouse, the griefer, or move onto greener pastures.

4 hours ago, Dark Trainer said:

Griefing will always exist, it's a game type really. Question is will you be the mouse, the griefer, or move onto greener pastures.

Again, the question...  Why do developers think that offering that choice is necessary or good?

Why cater to the griefer?  We make all sorts of efforts to control bullying in so many venues and yet in online gaming not only do we hold it up as a desirable choice, we make it impossible to avoid.

I've gotten to the point that I really don't buy games where I cannot block PvP entirely to avoid griefers.  I make the greener pastures choice but I still resent the people who own these properties and make the choice to feed mice to the griefers.

Have you tried Warframe? I really like how they handled PVP. Basically, they have an entirely seperate gear (which they call mods) aquisition for PVP. The gear can't be used in PVE and the PVE gear can't be used in PVP. And all PVE is fully cooperative with very little that can be done that amounts to griefing. 

Though, of course, you do still have to mute some people and you have to put up with players that aren't very helpful in a team mission, but beyond those, the options to sabotage the fun of others are pretty limited.

They even gave the option to set the mission finder to "solo" play (so you can do missions by yourself) and you can create a fully functional guild with just one member (those are more mmo issues than PVP ones specifically). 

I've been enjoying this game, lately, on the PS4. Game play reminds me of Space Invaders, but "slightly" more complex. Enemies come in waves, we kill them, then more enemies come in wave, and so forth. Pretty relaxing. Don't need to think much, usually, and there's a helpful warframe wiki site for any issue that needs actual thinking.