Death to the French!

Kremmet

I find CB approach honest and refreshing. You can still use the models. They are still in the fluff. CB isn't making the models any more. At a future date, they will revisit the issue. Their proxy rules will allow other units to counts as. Finally, it lets them spend their limited resources on new factions like the Tartary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sgt. Rock said:

Yeah, that [big bad swear word] just did a lot to sour me on CB. I really enjoy playing FRRM, and they're taking a fully functional sectorial with a full line of models and chucking it out the window. Not real pleased about that.

But they're not doing that? The rules are still legal and the conversion policy would allow you to use their more-modern models (or your existing collection) to play FRRM if you want. They're just being honest about whether they're working on the sectorial instead of keeping fish on the line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kremmet said:

But they're not doing that? The rules are still legal and the conversion policy would allow you to use their more-modern models (or your existing collection) to play FRRM if you want. They're just being honest about whether they're working on the sectorial instead of keeping fish on the line.

I know that now. It was a knee-jerk nerdrage reaction. I have since read the storyline reason and looked at Army and most of my fury has been calmed. Still, any time I see a minis company remove a line of models and say "We'll revisit them in the future!" it never happens. 

• Like 2

I agree—I don't see this post as positive for FRRM let alone hopeful. I'm just glad they're not stringing people along about whether they're going to revisit them nor did they invalidate the current army people can play.

Gamers—especially miniature gamers—fear change, but it is necessary and it's nice to see a company treating their consumers as adults rather than loonies.

• Like 1