3d Printer User's Group

Hey all, just ordered a Prusa MK3 this weekend. Looking forward to assembling...I guess it takes about 8 hours.

glad to see discussion on here. I bought mine after getting some quotes for prints that was going to be a bit, so rather than pay someone else I decided to “save” that money and I had always wanted a printer so wasn’t that big of a step to rationalize.

anyway looking forward to discussion. I am trying to digitize a terrain project of mine so that is where I imagine I will spend most of my near term printing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dark Trainer said:

This model looks like the files are broken out into pieces. Don't think scale or dpi would be an issue?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2578383

Looking at the people that have made that it looks doable with the scale.  Someone commented that they had to scale the model to 85% to be the same size as the original model.

I run a few hobby as well as commercial grade printers. Started out with a couple hobby printers, then shifted to small scale manufacturing for gaming miniatures. I do small to medium production runs for quite a few companies and Kickstarters, the bulk being 100-1000 miniatures for Kickstarter preview and review kits. 

For FDM/FFF we use Original Prusa i3 MK2S, CR-10, and 2 MP Select Mini's. 

DLP we have EnvisionTECs and a Solus.

SLA we have a Form 2.

20180517_090953.jpg

969803-.jpg

20180729_175016.jpg

gaming_miniatures.jpg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dark Severance said:

I run a few hobby as well as commercial grade printers. Started out with a couple hobby printers, then shifted to small scale manufacturing for gaming miniatures. I do small to medium production runs for quite a few companies and Kickstarters, the bulk being 100-1000 miniatures for Kickstarter preview and review kits. 

For FDM/FFF we use Original Prusa i3 MK2S, CR-10, and 2 MP Select Mini's. 

DLP we have EnvisionTECs and a Solus.

SLA we have a Form 2.

20180517_090953.jpg

969803-.jpg

20180729_175016.jpg

gaming_miniatures.jpg

Can you point out which of these examples were printed on which printers?

-d

9 hours ago, Dark Trainer said:

Any idea what getting the Pylon printed might cost?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2578383

I just loaded it into my program Cura and as is with no scaling it was at 410 grams with a 20% infill. With the filament I use it would cost me about 6.15 in filament. My experience with places like 3dhubs is that you would pay about $60 for it. A couple of those arms barely fit on my printer so it might have to be sliced further for another printer.

10 hours ago, Torg said:

Can you point out which of these examples were printed on which printers?

-d

The tannish ones in my initial post are all done RC series resin with the EnvisionTECs. The tires were done with flexible resin on the Form 2 (they flex and squish).

I've attached orange ones which were from Solus. The gray one is a traditional resin cast from a 2-piece mould. I've also attached greenish, which is the High Temperature Resin from the EnvisionTEC. The gray is from Form 2 standard gray resin at 100um.

examples.jpg

zent_powerarmor-01.jpg

KS_Images09-commander.jpg

100um.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1