New player

Hello, I'm a new player here in the PDX area with a light history of 7th and 8th ed fantasy.

I would very much like to play some people in Fantasy or T9A but I gotta ask:

Are third party models accepted? My Empire army is made up mostly of Warlord Janissaries for example.

If anyone plays Fantasy, what's the most commonly used edition? Or if not, what is the version of T9A used?

And lastly what is the points value used most in the area? I want to come prepared.

Sorry for the questions but I want to make sure I get it right.

• Like 1

Hello Orson! Welcome to the forums, and the area!

To answer some of your questions:

-3rd party models are totally ok. I have a Infernal Dwarves for 9th Age, and very few of the models are from Games Workshop.

-We have a group of us that plays 9th Age up here in Vancouver, although most of the guys are from Portland-area. We play the most recent version of 9th Age (.204?), although there has been a bit of a lull in activity for me, as summer is a busy time for family stuff. @TheBeninator might be getting more games in than myself :).

-4,500 points is the most common point value we use for 9th Age, although some of us (myself included) also enjoy (or even prefer) to play at a slightly larger 5000 points.

Once we get some 9th Age rolling again, we'd love to have you come up! Or I'm sure one of the other Portland guys will give you a game while I'm busy going to little kid birthday parties and dance recitals, heh.

• Like 1

Andrewgeddon hit it all on the head. I would be happy to play a game with you, any point size. We have traditionally met at Dice Age Games in Vancouver WA, but I am open to most locations (I live in SE Portland myself).

Just shoot a PM, or post to this thread:

We also have a mailing list, which is what I personally pay most attention to. If you are interested in that let me know.

Welcome aboard!