Warhamster Autumn Mordheim Campaign

Koyote

As with any campaign I expect for there to be some attrition before this campaign even starts and then another wave after the first campaign night.  Nonetheless, even with the early losses, there may be quite a few people playing Mordheim all at once.  I added to DT's terrain collection by donating a box of hills and rocks to DT this weekend, but we'll likely need more. I plan to bring a table or two of terrain with me on Tuesday night's, but it would be helpful for others could do so as well.  Mordheim is one of those games that plays best with a lot of terrain on the board.

BdjaS1.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VonVilkee said:

Can I get a squighopper? Totally don't need it but squigs are too cool not to ask 🤩.

They are not in the Blazing Saddles Bestiary, so sorry, but no.  However, if you want to use the models, you are certainly free to use squig hoppers as counts-as squigs.

nprPiL.gif

2 hours ago, Koyote said:

They are not in the Blazing Saddles Bestiary, so sorry, but no.  However, if you want to use the models, you are certainly free to use squig hoppers and counts-as squigs.

nprPiL.gif

If they got experience I totally would have used a squighopper to show certain advances (lads got talent!) but alas they don't and I have plenty of unique squigs to keep it simple. 

8 hours ago, Munkie said:

Finally! I can take my pitfighters out into the woods where they belong!

Oh, wait...

Their bladed/spiked gauntlets are very handy for hacking paths through undergrowth. 

7qdMGe.png

Also, if you are leading a group of fugitive slaves, where are you going to spend most of your time, in cities and towns patrolled by city guard or in the wild?  😀

😎

1 hour ago, Koyote said:

Also, if you are leading a group of fugitive slaves, where are you going to spend most of your time, in cities and towns patrolled by city guard or in the wild?

Holed up in a building yelling, "if you want us, come in and get us!"

Woods, cities, I don't care. I just want a shack to hide in.

• Like 1

As I did in the TNT campaign, I will give all campaign participants a free model. This model will represent Sylvanian guides that the warbands have either hired or enslaved.  The guide will be added to all starting warbands as a Beggar hired sword, which I think strikes a good balance between being both wretched and kind of useful.  I have added the rules for the Sylvanian Guides to the the first post of this thread.

There will be a prize at the end of the campaign, The Least Wretched Wretch, that will go to the player whose guide takes the most neutral (e.g. zombies) and enemy models out-of-action.  With a starting WS 1 and S 2, this will be no easy task, but a coup de grâce delivered to a knocked down or stunned model does count, so it's not impossible. :biggrin:

I haven't settled 100% on the guide models yet, buy V&V Miniatures Anglo-Saxon Geburs are the most likely candidates.  I will be assembling the models and where needed, re-equipping them (no shields, axes, spears etc.).  Regardless of how I arm the model, it will be treated as being armed with a club. 

Unlike last time, players won't be placing dibs on models. Instead, players can select from the available models on the first campaign night, first come first serve. :happy:

4lniBu.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2018 at 11:20 AM, Koyote said:

Sylvanian Guide.

None of the warbands are native to Sylvania, so each has either hired or enslaved a Sylvanian to act as the warband's guide.  In game terms, each warband will begin the campaign with a free hired sword that does not count against starting warband's cap on hired swords (see rule 13 below).  This miserable wretch will use the Beggar rules and remain with the warband until killed or dismissed.  Because Sylvanians are quite poor, the guide's upkeep fee for good and neutrally aligned warbands is only 3 gc.  Non-human and evilly aligned warbands enslaved their guide and thus need to spend only 1 gc per campaign phase for upkeep.  However, being enslaved has made the wretched Sylvanian even more wretched, thus the guides of non-human and evilly aligned warbands suffer a -1 penalty to their LD stat.

Beggar LINKY

Native Son.  Sylvanians have become mostly inured to the terrors of their homeland, but even the most  stouthearted soul can lose his nerve when he travels too far from hearth and home.  Consequently, when a guide is required to make their Spooky test, the guides test at LD 10 (LD 9 for enslaved guides).

Perfidious.  A guide will never intercept a charge directed at member of the owning player's warband (including hired swords), but players are free to use members of their warband to intercept charges directed at their guide.

The Least Wretched Wretch.  At the end of the campaign there will be a prize for the most vicious guide. If your guide takes a neutral model or an enemy model out-of-action, please ask your opponent to send me a PM notifying me of this.  Include in the email: 1) the guide's owning player, 2) the guide's name, 3) the name of the model(s) taken-out-of action, and 4) what that model is/was.  For example: "Hi, this is Sherbert.  In our game last night, Joey's Sylvanian guide, Dog Breath, took out my Youth, Garth and a neutral zombie." 

I will keep a tally of each guides' victims and at the end of the campaign announce the winner.

All participants will be given a suitable model to serve as their warband's guide.  The models will be distributed on the first campaign night, Tuesday, October 9th.

The Sylvanians have arrived.

u3XDFJ.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/4/2018 at 12:47 AM, sounder said:

I'll be therr with me skavens

Very cool.

Here's the updated list of players and warbands:

DuskSeer - Middenheim Mercenaries

GalaxyChief - Bretonnians

JMGraham -Witch Hunters

Koyote -Kislevites

Munkie - Pit Fighters

Nathonicus - Human Mercenaries

Scipiano -Human Mercenaries or Chaos Marauders

Sherbert -Witch Hunters (Since Jim is using Witch Hunters I recommend he try Averlanders)

Sigurd BC - Dwarf Treasure Hunters

Smashthedean - Beastmen Raiders

Sounder - Skaven

The Moat -Black Orcs

The Rat Catchers - Pirates

VonVilkee -Night Goblins

Wiccus -Ostlander Mercenaries

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.