Warhamster Autumn Mordheim Campaign

Koyote

I'd be down for it, Witch Hunters as usual, but ...

I agree that 10 or 9 weeks is pretty long. I can't promise I won't poop out. 6 weeks seems to be pretty reasonable if you want sustained play.

The other thing is, I thought we were gearing up for an Infinity campaign? We've been talking about an Infinity campaign in the fall that for aeons, since before the TNT campaign. Could the Mordheim campaign be delayed until after that?  

On 7/21/2018 at 9:49 AM, Koyote said:

The most appealing part of campaigns involving warbands that can grow and develop, like TNT & Mordheim, is experiencing the warband's evolution.  IMHO, 6 games is not enough time to see much growth.

A while back Jim Graham proposed holding a monthly campaign night and then stretching that campaign out over the course of several months.  This provides players with their monthly Mordheim fix and the freedom to participate in other activities.  For those who use campaigns as motivation to paint a warband, this would give them more time to do so.  It also gives players more time to get in any catch-up games. 

We could play 2 games a month during the months of October, November, December, and January.  The first Tuesday of each of those months would be the official campaign night.  On that day, I will announce the two scenarios for that month.  In theory, players will each get through at least one scenario that night and then since many of the campaign participants will be there, players will then have the opportunity to find another opponent and schedule their second game. 

@JMGraham and @nathonicus  what do you think about the 2-games-per-month format described above?  If it interferes with the Infinity league, we could push it back further.

The second proposal, with a monthly campaign night + free game, looks to be the most happy medium. Enough structure to keep up interest balanced with enough freedom for the wandering mind of a Warhamster.

Might be able to overlap it somewhat with the Infinity League as well? Assuming both are relatively freeform. I do want to play some more Infinity as well.

4 hours ago, Koyote said:

@JMGraham and @nathonicus  what do you think about the 2-games-per-month format described above?  If it interferes with the Infinity league, we could push it back further.

I like the idea, though I wouldn’t want to overlap with the infinity league. I’d rather have that be short, sweet, and focused, personally. 

• Like 2

I need to get the full details hammered out, but my plan was to start the infinity league on August 28th so that DT can properly advertise it and newbies can get models. I will put up a thread in a day or 2. Stratton is working with Nathaniel to figure out prize support.

2 hours ago, Wiccus said:

I need to get the full details hammered out, but my plan was to start the infinity league on August 28th so that DT can properly advertise it and newbies can get models. I will put up a thread in a day or 2. Stratton is working with Nathaniel to figure out prize support.

That is the weekend after OFCC, FYI. Not that it's a huge consideration since there are so few of us going, but I may miss opening night. 

The world may continue to turn. Only time will tell. 

• Like 1

Infinity ends Oct 2, so I propose we kick off the Mordheim campaign on Oct 9 (no rest for the wicked) and thereafter, Mordheim night will be the second Tuesday of each month.

I've loosened up the the list of allowable warbands.  The additions are in red text

• Arabian Tomb Raiders (TC 20)
  • Averland Mercenaries (TC 10)
  • Battle Monks of Cathay (BTB)
  • Beastmen Raiders (TC 29)
  • Black Orcs (Nemesis Crown)
  • Bretonnian  (TC 08) <-- warband caps at 15 not 12
  • Carnival of Chaos (TC 27)
  • Clan Pestilens (TC 29)
  • Cult of the Possessed
  • Dark Elves (TC 12)
  • Dwarf Rangers (Nemisis Crown)
  • Dwarf Treasure Hunters (TC 04)
  • Forest Goblins (Nemesis Crown)
  • Gunnery School of Nuln (Nemesis Crown)
  • Hochland Bandits (Nemesis Crown)
  • Horned Hunters (Nemesis Crown)
  • Kislevite (TC 16)
  • Lizardmen (TC 11)
  • Marauders of Chaos (BTB)
  • Marienburg Mercenaries
  • Middenheim Mercenaries
  • Miragleans Tilieans (TC 14)
  • Night Goblins (new) (see Broheim)
  • Orc Mob (TC 06)
  • Ostlander Mercenaries (TC 11)
  • Outlaws of the Stirwood Forest (TC 29)
  • Norse Explorers (TC 13)
  • Pirates (TC 09)
  • Pit Fighters (TC 21)
  • Reikland Mercenaries
  • Remasens Tileans (TC 14)
  • Restless Dead (BTB)
  • Shadow Warriors (TC 10) <-- warband caps at 10 not 12
  • Sisters of Sigmar
  • Skaven
  • Skaven Clan Pestilens (TC 29)
  • Trantios Tileans (TC 14)
  • Undead
  • Witch Hunters <-- warband caps at 15 not 12

On 7/31/2018 at 9:39 PM, VonVilkee said:

Yay wrote my list...16 models.

5 squigs makes my heart happy.

Question is 7 short bows too many?

I don't think so. The range is short and if players are using cover, in most instances you'll need 6s to hit.  Plus, its unreasonable to expect a WS 2 goblins to be melee oriented.  Also, based upon my experiences from the last campaign,  players need to make better use of the hide rule. 

I notice that the Night Goblin's animosity rule differs from the standard animosity rules that apply to Orc & Goblin warbands (TC 6) and Forest Goblin warband (NC). I'd like for you to use the standard animosity rules found in TC 6.

Speaking of Forest Goblins, I've always loved the look of them but never had a reason to collect and paint them.  My next Mordheim warband may end up being forest goblins. 

It's a shame Shieldwolf Minaitures' forest goblin Kickstarter failed.  Lovely models.

WUF1S5.png

1 hour ago, Koyote said:

I don't think so. The range is short and if players are using cover, in most instances you'll need 6s to hit.  Plus, its unreasonable to expect a WS 2 goblins to be melee oriented.  Also, based upon my experiences from the last campaign,  players need to make better use of the hide rule. 

I notice that the Night Goblin's animosity rule differs from the standard animosity rules that apply to Orc & Goblin warbands (TC 6) and Forest Goblin warband (NC). I'd like for you to use the standard animosity rules found in TC 6.

Speaking of Forest Goblins, I've always loved the look of them but never had a reason to collect and paint them.  My next Mordheim warband may end up being forest goblins. 

It's a shame Shieldwolf Minaitures' forest goblin Kickstarter failed.  Lovely models.

WUF1S5.png

You interested in some gw metal forest goblins from 5th ed? I saw some in my boots when I was filtering through for all my moon clan. Not enough for a full band but a few. 

Also sounds good on the animosity. Be aware that night goblins have a special skill to increase the range of missiles by 6"

22 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

Be aware that night goblins have a special skill to increase the range of missiles by 6"

Yes, but Ded Shooty is limited to your heroes, so in theory, most of your bows will be limited to a 16" range.  Regardless, archery is how Night Goblins compensate for their low WS, LD, and Animosity, so I think lots of goblin bows will be just fine -especially once your goblins start shooting one another.  🙂

Just curious, does your starting list include a Troll?

Here's the list of players who've expressed interest in the campaign.

Koyote -Kislevites

VonVilkee -Night Goblins

Wiccus -Ostlander Mercenaries

JMGraham -Witch Hunters

Sherbert -Witch Hunters (Since Jim is using Witch Hunters I recommend he try Averlanders)

Scipiano -Human Mercenaries or Chaos Marauders

DuskSeer - Middenheim Mercenaries

Sigurd BC - Dwarf Treasure Hunters

The Rat Catchers - Pirates

Smashthedean - Beastmen Raiders

Munkie - Pit Fighters

Nathonicus - ?

The Moat -Black Orcs

GalaxyChief - Bretonnians

We need more warbands tainted by Chaos so my Cossacks have someone to hate. 🙂

3LOBzb.png

56 minutes ago, Koyote said:

Yes, but Ded Shooty is limited to your heroes, so in theory, most of your bows will be limited to a 16" range.  Regardless, archery is how Night Goblins compensate for their low WS, LD, and Animosity, so I think lots of goblin bows will be just fine -especially once your goblins start shooting one another.  🙂

Just curious, does your starting list include a Troll?

Nope full heroes, full squigs, and a mob of archers for numbers. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.