New to town and looking for game shops in the Seattle/Tacoma area

Lazeye89

Sorry if there is a page where this topic is addressed but I am brand new to this forum. 

I am moving from the Midwest to the Seattle/Tacoma area in mid August. I have been googling gaming communities and game shops in the Seattle/Tacoma area and I am seeing a lot of board game/bar and food establishments which look cool enough but not really any mini focused stores with good tables from what i can see, beside the GW store north of Seattle. 

Are there any communities of stores that you all recommend a big 40k player plus many other mini games should check out? 

side note: the other games I am playing and looking for a supporting shop or players for include - Battle Fleet Gothic, Dystopian Wars, Malifaux, Monster Apocalypse, and War of the Ring. I know many of these games have gone unsupported for many years and are not very popular but fingers crossed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Edosaurus Rex said:

If you ever make it to Olympia, check out Olympic Cards and Comics! It's easily my favorite game store in western Washington.

1 hour ago, WestRider said:

Truth. Great store. The only reason I didn't mention it is that I was sticking with stuff closer to Seattle.

Doubley (oh wait, tripply) agreed.

Love Gabby

She hosts an amazing gaming store

Lazwye, one thing you might want to do is free up your Thursday evenings. Thursday nights are 40K heavy at Meeples Games in West Seattle, Card Kingdom/Mox Boarding House in Ballard (north Seattle), Heroic Knight Games in Issaquah (at least this used to be the case--I haven't been over there in awhile), and Mugu Games Everett.

Most of these gaming stores have Facebook pages you can use to schedule a game although you can often just show up on a Thursday and stand a decent chance of getting in a pickup game. I live eastside (eg east of Lake Washington) so my preference is to go north to Mugu Everett or south to Heroic Knights. Both crowds are very nice although Mugu is more competitive and Heroic Knights is a bit more casual.

And it goes without saying that next year you should try to make it down to the Ordo Fanaticus Club Challenge tournament held in July/Augustish in my hometown of Vancouver, Washington. It's a fun weekend full of casual, friendly 40K. I also encourage you to stay an extra day and enjoy Vancouver's claims to fame: a reconstructed version of Hudson Bay Companies' original fort as well as Pearson airfield, containing a great museum of early flight era memorabilia.

Welcome to the Pacific Northwest!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Tallarn Commander said:

And it goes without saying that next year you should try to make it down to the Ordo Fanaticus Club Challenge tournament held in July/Augustish in my hometown of Vancouver, Washington. It's a fun weekend full of casual, friendly 40K. I also encourage you to stay an extra day and enjoy Vancouver's claims to fame: a reconstructed version of Hudson Bay Companies' original fort as well as Pearson airfield, containing a great museum of early flight era memorabilia.

Welcome to the Pacific Northwest!

Honestly, come down for OFCC and watch and see what it's all about.

It's a sight to behold all unto itself. Even if you aren't participating directly.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...