Help painting a Stompa

I am borrowing the Legend's Stompa for the Friday team event for OFCC. The only requirment is that i get it to a decent 3 color minimum that he cam work off of. I am in the Tacoma area and am wondering if someone with an airbrush or knowledge of painting large pre assembled models has the time to help me out. I can offer food and drink for the help rendered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd use a spray can for one main colour, then something like a 1/2" brush to lay down metal on the guns and engine bits that are showing. Then, again with the 1/2" brush, go over the various glyph plates and the big skull symbol on the front with something that contrasts nicely with the colour you sprayed on at the start.

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2018 at 11:16 AM, PumpkinHead said:

I am borrowing the Legend's Stompa for the Friday team event for OFCC. The only requirment is that i get it to a decent 3 color minimum that he cam work off of. I am in the Tacoma area and am wondering if someone with an airbrush or knowledge of painting large pre assembled models has the time to help me out. I can offer food and drink for the help rendered.

For vehicle orks? Base coat via can of spray paint (usually black), dry brush a lighter color (usually silver), Then paint the large sections whatever color your army is and highlight the large sections. If you get a stencil created for an ork skull, and spray paint that red or white over one of the large sections you've painted, it would be a great finishing touch. Crude stencils look best on orks, so don't worry about perfection.

If ambitious, paint "energy" cables, machine eyes, and so forth. Lots of different colors, or pick one color and use just that.

Ork vehicles have a pretty low requirement for painting skills. If you screw up, just claim it's intentional and people probably won't notice.

EDIT:

Here, example via a killa kan:

image.png.1aad541d2579633ca63b0770b13e7f23.png

This is minorly more advanced, but it's basically black with boltgun metal drybrush. Then the main army color (yellow) painted in three large sections (shoulders and faceplate). That little moon and checkers on the shoulders could be a stencil, though at this scale, is more likely a decal. Then they've gone above and beyond with the red on eye and on the power cable.

It's not a complex paint job, nor does it require the ability to paint straight lines or do anything freehand. The one above has all that rust, which does look good, but isn't needed to make it to the tabletop. Even the basing is really simple, as it's just drybrushed sand and those little bushes you can buy pre-built and attach with a dab of glue.

I like it, it looks good, but I don't think this is a terribly hard model to paint (which is by no means an insult to the painter). The stompa may be more time consuming, but it won't be any harder than painting the above.

• 2 weeks later...