Newb Start

Norrad

Darron, you can also play the video game. It’s a good tool for learning the newest version of the game. Back when you played it was VERY different than it is now. There is also an emulator at FUMBBL.com. In a few Sundays I can meet you at GN if you’re playing Infinity.

So are the teams basically the same?  Human and Ork are your basic teams, jack o trades but master of none. Elves still the passing game, Skaven the running game and Chaos the beat stick, rugby style game?  

Ive been perusing the GW site and I really like the new teams. Is there any market for the old metal figs? I’d like to get rid of some of those figs for the new stuff. Oooh, shiny! 

You got it on teams, but there are more since you played. Norse, Amazons, Chaos Renegades, lots more.

There is a little market for metal, mostly Burk and me buy it locally. Bring what you have to GN and we’ll take a look. One problem is GW put out a bunch of Blood Bowl third ed with their Made To Order program.

10 hours ago, Norrad said:

What are skill rings and where do I get them?  Are they like the colored rings you used to place around the old small bases to denote your team positions like thrower, catcher, blitzes, blocker?

No, for a tournament like Ordo Bowl, they are indicators of the extra skills given to players above their starting skills. An example would be a Dark Elf Blitzer with added dodge; a skill ring would indicate he has dodge in addition to the Block he starts with. 

Some people use specialty rings bought from Fantasy Football companies like Willy’s and Greebo, others buy colored rubber bands from Walmart, I use little neon dots attached to the base.

On 8/10/2018 at 8:37 PM, Norrad said:

What are skill rings and where do I get them?  Are they like the colored rings you used to place around the old small bases to denote your team positions like thrower, catcher, blitzes, blocker?

I just use cheap ponytail bands.  You can get a pack of 50 with 5/6 different colors for just a couple of dollars at Fred Meyer or whatever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Norrad said:

Where can I find the rules for the skill packs that we can choose for our OFCC teams and how they work?

Skill Packs; choose one of the following packs for your team for the entirety of the event; you may only give a player one skill in addition to what they already are equipped with, and no skill may be acquired via skill pack more than twice (i..e., if you are playing dwarfs several players come with tackle, but you can still use your preferred skill pack to apply tackle to one or two players that do not start with that skill):
A) Six normal skills
B) Four normal & 1 double skill(s)
C) Two normal and Two double skills