CB News

Raindog

15 hours ago, Sgt. Rock said:

TAK is going to be amazing. Wildcard trooper is just nutty; being able to stick Vet Kazaks and even Voronin anywhere I want is going to be sah-wheeeet... and speaking of Uncle Vernon, that T2 BSG sensor profile actually is pretty nice. There's actually a reason for him to see play time now outside of low-point LI games.

Duo on the Dynamos could be very interesting. A 1 SWC Molotok that barfs out mines is pretty sweet, and it's interesting to see a paramedic armed with something other than a rifle.

Carmen Jones looks like all kinds of fun. Pavel McMannus is... interesting. Not sure what to think about a Scout with Frenzy. I really like his CC capability, but... I dunno. I don't know where he fits. I'll have to play with him to see where to put him. He's cool, he's got a neat skillset, but I'm not entirely sure how to use him. 

I. Love. Frontoviks. They look soooo good. The profiles look amazing, and being able to link with everybody else is sweet. Even the base profile... BS 12, ARM 2, Mimetism, Courage, Veteran L1, a T2 rifle, and an assault pistol... for 23 points? [big bad swear word], son, sign me up!

I also find it kind of weird that you can field both Kazak Doktors *and* 112s. I wasn't expecting to get both. 

Vassily Plushenko looks awesome. I'm especially keen on the T2 marksman rifle, though I wouldn't turn away the sniper, either. Also, TWO CoC units in the sectorial. 

Overall, I'm super stoked for TAK. Once I have the money (and they release the new models) and time to play Infinity again, I'm going to have a ball with these guys.

I can't wait to get stuck into the Frontoviks. I actually didn't notice they were LI until I gave them another look over. The fireteam with them and Vet Kazaks is already making me think of a really solid team that can march up the board and deal with most things, and while odd, having a 112 in a fireteam with Frontoviks might not be too bad of a thing to try. Soon as they release a box set for the Frontoviks, I'm snatching that up.

I also joked that TAK actually stands for T2 Army Korps, because holy heck, look at all the T2 you get, and it's very feasible to have a ton in.

Plushenko with CoC is going to be awesome, though for people who take Voronin, probably an autoinclude. By himself though, he can be a very solid pain in the butt. I'd like to know more about McMannus, though. Namely his backstory considering Russian first name, Scottish last name. Looking at his stats and what he has, I think the way to use him is to run out of camo into a unit with Assault and proceed to gut them, then either pop back into camo or shoot. He does miss out on Marksmanship Lv1 that Scouts get, but having a camo unit with NBW, Assault, CC 22, and a T2 CC weapon means there's a good chance that whoever he runs into is dead (though units like Ajax probably still beat him out). He can still do decent ranged damage, and having an Ojotnik will help, but the proof is in the playing. I'm certainly gonna give him a good run out.

I'm still not fully sold on the new Trak Muls, and I'm not sure why. Having ECM and Minelayer means that they can more easily defend your backfield, and because they're different than the normal Trak Muls, you can, if you felt like it, take two of the Traktor Mul Kuryers and two normal Traktor Muls. It's kind of a similar situation as the Ratniks. On paper they seem good, but I've had plenty of games with my Blackjacks where I've tried to use them as active turn pieces moving them up the board and gotten blasted into smitherines, usually courtesy of a missile launcher. Now I only field the one Sniper in vanilla, but have been wanting to try the HMG version in USARF in order to finally get to use them properly. Ratniks have the (probably more personal) issue of being more close range units. I certainly want to try the twin Molotok version as it's quite a lot of firepower, and the heavy rocket launcher profile is nice too, but I'm not sure how well it will do when I actually get to using them.

Like you, I am really excited for when TAK has released the new models. I have my Coldfront box waiting for me at the local shop and I'm splitting it with a new ALEPH player. Gonna split the Beyond Coldfront box with him once that comes out too. Frontoviks are gonna be my new mainstay

Note: I tried for hilarity's sake to see how much it would cost for all T2 in the Vet Kazak and Frontovik fireteam. The answer is 160 for two Vets with the XVISORs and three Frontoviks. It's so hilarious.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wellington99 said:

Looking at his stats and what he has, I think the way to use him is to run out of camo into a unit with Assault and proceed to gut them, then either pop back into camo or shoot.

It won't work. If you double check his profile, he has Frenzy; thus, if you kill someone in melee, you've blown your shot at camo, because he can't stay in marker state. It drops to Mimetism. Still nice, but that camo is kind of a one hit wonder for him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sgt. Rock said:

It won't work. If you double check his profile, he has Frenzy; thus, if you kill someone in melee, you've blown your shot at camo, because he can't stay in marker state. It drops to Mimetism. Still nice, but that camo is kind of a one hit wonder for him.

Oop, yeah, forgot Frenzy does that. I usually only end up running one model that has it, and that's a 3rd Grey in the special core fireteam with Isobel and Volunteers in Caledonia, so I forget that it means you can't go back into camo state (among other things). Does throw a wrench then into things when working out what he's good for. Maybe surprise around the corner a HI or TAG you want dead and stab it? It's probably the one unit that I can't immediately picture a role for on the battlefield.

Any thoughts on the Mine Dispenser on the Dynamos, what that is? Doesn't say they get mines in their profiles like if they have minelayer.

• Like 1

Interesting. Means the Dynamos can create choke points and deny areas fairly easily with their movement

Far as I remember, Ratniks always had Minesweaper, but I could be wrong. The Vet Kazak Duo is gonna be hilarious with the MK 12 profile. And only .5 SWC for a Harris? I'm in. 2.5 SWC for the T2 Harris VK, the AP HMG VK, and then whatever you'd want to round it off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sgt. Rock said:

That's true. I suppose if you desperately wanted that one extra surprise shot/attack, you can, but I'm not sure it'd be worth the order.

Perhaps, but hiding as a marker to prevent easy retaliation, keeping cover bonus in suppressive fire or any other engagements, its important to remember -when- that frenzy kicks in.

• Like 1

I'm lookin' at the midfield control...

10 Dogs for <150 okay..

And I get to Handpick and Convert the Strelok Teams... so many cool Ariandian models to choose from 

FWD Deployment lvl2: midfield

Ambush camo: Set up right w/ FWDLVL2 and in conjunction w/ other Streloks this is the core midfield control

SMG: AP or Shock as needed in ARO

Chain Colt: Markers can get it too

K9-Antipode: FWDLVL2, camo, Sensor all just accentuates the Midfield trap. 

Antipode Assualt Packs are 25 point Tag/HI  hunters. 

Fill out rest of army to taste... 

logo_305.png Tartary Army Corps
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

orden_regular.png6  orden_irregular.png2

STRELOK K-9 Submachine Gun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines + 1 K-9 Antipode / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
  -K-9 ANTIPODE Trench-hammer, AP CC Weapon.

STRELOK K-9 Submachine Gun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines + 1 K-9 Antipode / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
  -K-9 ANTIPODE Trench-hammer, AP CC Weapon. (8)

ASSAULT PACK  (0 | 25)
 HANDLER Rifle, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (- | 10)
 x3 ANTIPODE AP CC Weapon. (- | 15)

ASSAULT PACK (0 | 25)
  HANDLER Rifle, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (- | 10)
  x3 ANTIPODE AP CC Weapon. (- | 15)

0 SWC | 146 Points

Open in Infinity Army

• Like 1

Well with any luck I'll get some kind of handle on them when I do the escalation league and tournament we're doing. Gonna use it to test some things out.

One thing I did notice though is Voronin with Sensor and T2 boarding shotgun can actually be hilarious. I'm not 100% on how it works, but triangulated fire with a T2 weapon probably is amusing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh nice Strategos 1...

BS 11 dropping to 8 w/ Triangulated fire ...Good Emergency situation

That Lt. Order turning regular could be worth 21 

Looking at it for a bit... 

I might not do Tunguska as a second force now... like I never thought I'd want to run Arianda, but this looks like alot if fun

logo_305.png Dog Pound Gangstas'

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png7  orden_irregular.png1  
ASSAULT PACK  (0 | 25)
 sep.gifHANDLER Rifle, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (- | 10)
 sep.gifx3 ANTIPODE AP CC Weapon. (- | 15)
 sep.gifK-9 ANTIPODE Trench-hammer, AP CC Weapon. (8)

LINE KAZAK (Forward Observer) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
COLONEL VORONIN (Sensor) Lieutenant T2 Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 21)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png7  orden_irregular.png2  orden_impetuosa.png1
ASSAULT PACK  (0 | 25)
IRMANDINHO Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)
DOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
TM KURYER (Total Reaction) Uragan MRL, Antipersonnel Mines / Electric Pulse. (1 | 21)
TM KURYER (Total Reaction) Uragan MRL, Antipersonnel Mines / Electric Pulse. (1 | 21)
SPETSNAZ (CH: Ambush Camouflage) HMG / Pistol, CCW, Knife. (1.5 | 38)

3.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

• Like 1

I am mulling over lists: 

I like this so far:

logo_703.png first OSS sneak

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png3  
logo_31.pngNETROD . (0 | 4)
logo_14.pngPROXY Mk.1 Engineer Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
logo_15.pngPROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
logo_18.pngPROXY Mk.5 (Forward Observer) 2 Submachine Guns, Nanopulser, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10  
logo_20.pngDART Submachine Gun, Viral Tactical Bow, E/M Grenade / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 34)
logo_6.pngSHUKRA (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
logo_11.pngNAGA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
logo_11.pngNAGA (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
logo_11.pngNAGA (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
logo_1.pngDAKINI Tacbot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 21)
logo_1.pngDAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
logo_3.pngDEVA Lieutenant (Sensor) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
logo_3.pngDEVA Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)
logo_1.pngDAKINI Tacbot Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)

3.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Or Limited Insertion:

logo_703.png first OSS sneak

orden_regular.png10  
logo_8.pngYADU (Fireteam: Haris) MULTI Rifle, E/Marat, Drop Bears (Throwing Weapon) / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 37)
logo_8.pngYADU Hacker (Assault Hacking Device. UPGRADE: Stop!) Boarding Shotgun / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 36)
logo_8.pngYADU Heavy Rocket Launcher, Submachine Gun / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 35)
logo_9.pngASURA Lieutenant L2 Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 72)
logo_6.pngSHUKRA (Chain of Command) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
logo_11.pngNAGA (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
logo_11.pngNAGA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
logo_14.pngPROXY Mk.1 Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14)
logo_18.pngPROXY Mk.5 (Forward Observer) 2 Submachine Guns, Nanopulser, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Effectively, a 12 order list.....

1 minute ago, DustGod said:

L2 Asura looks pretty hardcore 

I wanted to run a 4 Asura list vs. JSA 

Not enough orders to accomplish tasks

logo_703.png Operations Subsection of the S.S.S.

orden_regular.png7  
logo_9.pngASURA MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 68)
logo_9.pngASURA Hacker (Hacking Device Plus UPGRADE: Redrum) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 72)
logo_9.pngASURA Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 70)
logo_32.pngPROBOT (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

4.5 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

2 hours ago, DustGod said:

Oh nice Strategos 1...

BS 11 dropping to 8 w/ Triangulated fire ...Good Emergency situation

That Lt. Order turning regular could be worth 21 

Looking at it for a bit... 

I might not do Tunguska as a second force now... like I never thought I'd want to run Arianda, but this looks like alot if fun

logo_305.png Dog Pound Gangstas'

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png7  orden_irregular.png1  
ASSAULT PACK  (0 | 25)

COLONEL VORONIN (Sensor) Lieutenant T2 Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 21)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png7  orden_irregular.png2  orden_impetuosa.png1
ASSAULT PACK  (0 | 25)
IRMANDINHO Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)
DOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
SPETSNAZ (CH: Ambush Camouflage) HMG / Pistol, CCW, Knife. (1.5 | 38)

3.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I would however personally suggest some kind of Chain of Command if you take Voronin. If you take Voronin, everyone knows he's your LT.

One thing I did notice is that, with exception of the Line Kazaks, all the FO's for TAK are fairly expensive, because they're also good/decent combat pieces. Nothing like Foxtrots (18 for camo infiltration FO) or Chasseurs (20 for same).

22 minutes ago, Wellington99 said:

I would however personally suggest some kind of Chain of Command if you take Voronin. If you take Voronin, everyone knows he's your LT.

One thing I did notice is that, with exception of the Line Kazaks, all the FO's for TAK are fairly expensive, because they're also good/decent combat pieces. Nothing like Foxtrots (18 for camo infiltration FO) or Chasseurs (20 for same).

Vassily or Tank Hunters...🤔

Vassily w Chain is the best choice. It gives us another objective grabber... and being a Named Character he get Vet in Season 10. 

If FOs get off guided strike, if not TR-mul to backs those Streloks 

1 hour ago, Raindog said:

Not enough orders to accomplish tasks

logo_703.png Operations Subsection of the S.S.S.

orden_regular.png7  
logo_9.pngASURA MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 68)
logo_9.pngASURA Hacker (Hacking Device Plus UPGRADE: Redrum) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 72)
logo_32.pngPROBOT (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

4.5 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I know like running lil' Tags

Maybe 3 n some back up....

I might try it this weekend

logo_703.png Betty Squad

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10  
logo_9.pngASURA (Fireteam: Duo) Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 71)
logo_4.pngAPSARA (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
logo_1.pngDAKINI Tacbot Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_irregular.png1  
logo_33.pngWARCOR (Sixth Sense L1) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 297 Points

Open in Infinity Army

• Like 1

The only thing is that you need those Muls to get at least halfway up the board. Best way to use the Uragans is to plant them up near your opponent and forcing them to deal with them. In a position where the rangeband works and they're covered from being surprised from behind (granted they have minelayer so they can defend their back), they can be devastating.

I'd argue you'd be better off with the 16 point SMG Streloks. More points to spend on other units, and if you're gonna spam them, it's probably better. If you want for more camo tokens, go minelayer

That.... doesn't make any sense. They just released a new starter and models last year. The starter, all the Bagh Mari, the Tikbalang, all relatively new models. That doesn't make an ounce of sense. Is this going to be a thing, where they decide they need more space for new models so they just rotate out older, but perfectly good and still relatively recent sculpts? I gotta say, that's just dumb. If CB can't maintain the models for the armies it puts out, they're going to start driving people away.

• Like 1