Red Wunz Go Fasta

WestRider

created : about 9 hours ago

Speed Freeks

Tags : speed freeks orcs warhammer 40 000

Thumb img 7156 1

Hello everyone !!

New boxed game incoming for SPEED KULT ! with at least new buggies / Track models.
Tbh it was on our radar so long time ago that i kind of lost hope ^^

I am sure Hasting will pitch in in the comments section 😉

Hype !!

/Cheers.
Bob.

Thumb orks speed freaks 02

Via War of Sigmar. Not sure of the original source, or if they got to break the news, since Bob said they'd first heard about it some time ago. Looks to contain new kits for at least Buggiez and Trakkz, and I've seen mention elsewhere of the possibility of updates for the Trukk and Biker kits.
  • Thanks 1

Apparently this ties into the Vigilus campaign as well: Via Warhammer Community:

Vigilus comprises a number of continent-sized hivesprawls that, in recent years, have become filled to overflowing with refugees seeking to escape the horrors besetting the worlds of the Imperium Nihilus beyond its aegis. Each such sprawl is protected by psychically charged Bastion-class force fields that render comatose any who would seek to breach their boundaries, enabling the defenders to slaughter them at leisure. These force fields proved so effective that even when an Ork Waaagh! smashed into Vigilus, the greenskins were unable to assail the hivesprawls beyond, so took to seeking entertainment elsewhere by engaging in violent races across the sweeping open plains that separate the vast hivesprawls.

And now it's up on Warhammer Community:

Posted 14/08/2018

Speed Worth Waiting For

SpeedFreaks-Aug14-Header-3kb.jpg

After more than two decades, a classic is being reborn…

That’s right – after waiting patiently (and not-so-patiently), Ork players can look forward to a brand new boxed set featuring some incredible new vehicles, like this update of the venerable Ork Warbuggy.

We’ll have more news for you very soon at Warhammer Fest in the Warhammer Community and Studio Preview Seminar. In fact, if you want to be there in person, there’s still time to pick up your tickets.

If you can’t, we’ll be posting all the updates as they happen right here on Warhammer Community as well as through our email newsletter – so stay tuned.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, happycamper said:

What’s with the bases, it’s weird lol

model looks amazing though

Yeah, it looks kind of like a showroom model on a plinth or something. I would guess it's so people can have more freedom with how they build and convert them without having to worry as much about Modeling for Advantage.

I was gearing up to do GSC as my second 8th ed army. Was. Time to fish that box of orks out from the back of the closet. Unless another GSC announcement comes along, at which point I'll probably flip again. Do you think GW knows they have a hotline to my dopamine production and just goose it for kicks?

41 minutes ago, andy said:

I was gearing up to do GSC as my second 8th ed army. Was. Time to fish that box of orks out from the back of the closet. Unless another GSC announcement comes along, at which point I'll probably flip again. Do you think GW knows they have a hotline to my dopamine production and just goose it for kicks?

GSC Dex is either right before, or right after the Orks. Just so y'know.

32 minutes ago, WestRider said:

GSC Dex is either right before, or right after the Orks. Just so y'know.

Yeah, thanks! Conventional wisdom (based on Gamesday? reveal) is that we get Space Pups and Orks in (roughly) tandem, followed by GSC. Given the 'Orktober' ref in the video, I guess that means GSC in Nov, or maybe January? I suspect we won't see big releases in December, due to the holidays...

4 hours ago, happycamper said:

What’s with the bases, it’s weird lol

model looks amazing though

If you haven't tried already, basing vehicles makes them look really good. Those old plastic rhinos fit very nicely on flyer ovals. I hope GW starts including bases in every kit. They just look better on bases, and it's easier to keep the model nice if you don't have to place it directly on the table during each game.

30 minutes ago, andy said:

Yeah, thanks! Conventional wisdom (based on Gamesday? reveal) is that we get Space Pups and Orks in (roughly) tandem, followed by GSC. Given the 'Orktober' ref in the video, I guess that means GSC in Nov, or maybe January? I suspect we won't see big releases in December, due to the holidays...

Yeah. After I saw Tooth and Nail, I wasn't sure if they were going to stick with that order, or change it up, since that box is SW vs GSC, so I thought the Culties might have been bumped up. Still could, I guess, if we get a really dense run with SW in August, GSC in September, and then Orktober, or it could be as you've got it there. It seems like kind of a long time to wait for a Dex for something they just put out as a Starter Box, but looking it up, November for GSC wouldn't be out of line with the gap between the original release of the Knight Armigers in ForgeBane and the release of the actual Knight Codex.

32 minutes ago, WestRider said:

Yeah. After I saw Tooth and Nail, I wasn't sure if they were going to stick with that order, or change it up, since that box is SW vs GSC, so I thought the Culties might have been bumped up. Still could, I guess, if we get a really dense run with SW in August, GSC in September, and then Orktober, or it could be as you've got it there. It seems like kind of a long time to wait for a Dex for something they just put out as a Starter Box, but looking it up, November for GSC wouldn't be out of line with the gap between the original release of the Knight Armigers in ForgeBane and the release of the actual Knight Codex.

Good points, but I think Ork players would lose their collective scheisse if GSC jumped the line. Much of Dakka is on suicide watch, even with today's announcement 😉