Interest in 6th edition WHFB?

2 hours ago, Fat Andy said:

Hello,

Is there anybody out there interested in playing some 6th edition WHFB? I've been playing 40k for the last year since getting back into the hobby after a 10 year hiatus, but I'd really love to play some WHFB. I'm open to either 8th edition or T9A, but I've never played either.

Welcome Andy! I can't speak for 6th Ed WHFB, but if you are interested in 9th Age, I know there are several of us (myself included) that would be happy to show you the ropes, depending on your location :)

I'm a previous WHFB player (8th edition), and I loved the game to death! But I can say that 9th Age is most fun I've had playing "Fantasy;" Balanced (or more balanced) rules, no army book creep or "I win" spells... plus free rules!

Hi Andy, 

I recently got out my old copy of the 6th edition rulebook, mainly for a change of pace from Age of Sigmar. I've been reminded of what I loved most about Warhammer, and have been itching to try it out again, 

So, I'm game if we can arrange a time. 

Charles

Thanks Andrewgeddon and Charles!

Glad to hear there are some excited fantasy players in the hood. I'm staying with some friends in NE. I've seen folks posting about playing in Vancouver; do people ever play at Guardian Games? 

I'll PM you both with my contact info and hopefully we can figure out a time to play, probably in late September/early October.

Cheers,

Fatso

13 hours ago, Fat Andy said:

Thanks Andrewgeddon and Charles!

Glad to hear there are some excited fantasy players in the hood. I'm staying with some friends in NE. I've seen folks posting about playing in Vancouver; do people ever play at Guardian Games? 

I'll PM you both with my contact info and hopefully we can figure out a time to play, probably in late September/early October.

Cheers,

Fatso

It's mostly Dice Age (in Vancouver) due to them having the best terrain in the area. I know some of the other guys play in Portland as well though. Paging @TheBeninator, @Diap2012, @Pecksata.

I've played at Guardian a handful of times, terrain isn't the greatest for fantasy games, but it serves! Close enough to me (I'm in Vancouver) that I wouldn't make a trip down every now and then :)

On 8/21/2018 at 12:09 PM, Andrewgeddon said:

It's mostly Dice Age (in Vancouver) due to them having the best terrain in the area. I know some of the other guys play in Portland as well though. Paging @TheBeninator, @Diap2012, @Pecksata.

I've played at Guardian a handful of times, terrain isn't the greatest for fantasy games, but it serves! Close enough to me (I'm in Vancouver) that I wouldn't make a trip down every now and then 🙂

WOW has better fantasy terrain, I think. And WOW is just a few blocks from GG. Just saying. I like the idea of fantasy players being at WOW, again.

Just now, paxmiles said:

WOW has better fantasy terrain, I think. And WOW is just a few blocks from GG. Just saying.

WOW is only open on select days/times though. I fully endorse anyone who can make it heading over to Ordo game nights if they can. I usually game earlier (noonish) on Saturdays, so it doesn't really work for me.

11 minutes ago, Andrewgeddon said:

WOW is only open on select days/times though. I fully endorse anyone who can make it heading over to Ordo game nights if they can. I usually game earlier (noonish) on Saturdays, so it doesn't really work for me.

I have that problem too, sometimes. They are also open Sundays from 3pm, which used to be the WHFB game night. Might be there earlier.

Though I'm under the impression that WOW can technically open any night (or day) that you can get one of the Ordo Senators to "Czar" for the night. Not sure exactly how it works, never been a senator. @scottshoemaker was saying that he's there on a semi-random set of other days, and would be willing to Czar for days that he's there anyway. Could ask him if he's planning to be there on the day you'd be willing to drop in.

The main thing is that, depending on your membership level, WOW does charge a fee for game night. I do think that Ordo would probably have more game nights if we had a regular group willing to commit to being there on different days. They do rent the building on a monthly basis, so days open is a matter of days they can get people to show up, as I understand it.

• 11 months later...

@Fat Andy

I'm down to play T9A, most times, most places. I am in SE Portland. There is a mailing list that we use for getting games in if you want to be added, just PM me or @Andrewgeddon. Otherwise, keep an eye on the Portland/Vancouver Meetup thread.

We have a few new players to T9A to match up with and all the veterans are more than happy to teach.