There's postings about Warhammer Fest Europe and related 40k stuff:

*  Horus Heresy book series ending and a new one starting

*  Blood Angels get specific Contemptor Dreadnought chassis

*  Adeptus Titanicus get warhounds

*  Necromunda stuff

*  Kill Team:  Rogue Trader

*  Sisters of Battle update with some pics

*  lots of cool stuff y'all

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/08/18/18th-aug-warhammer-fest-europe-live-bloggw-homepage-post-1fw-homepage-post-1/#RT

• Like 1

And One More Thing…

SoB2.jpg

Back at AdeptiCon, we revealed Sisters of Battle were coming in (if the Emperor wills it) 2019. We know you guys have been anticipating this release for years, and we want to assure you that Sisters of Battle are in the best possible hands.

After looking at the first of the new generation of Adepta Sororitas at AdeptiCon, today we’re previewing some early images as well as exploring how our miniatures designers have brought this iconic range to life.

WHFestLiveBlog-August18-CondemnorSide-3e

WHFestLiveBlog-August18-CondemnorTop-4rf

The flamer and bolter are classic weapons both of the Sisters of Battle and the Imperium itself, and the design team wanted to make sure that these armaments truly suited those wielding them.

Based on the iconic original bolter, the weapons borne by the Sisters of Battle have been designed to be employed by humans. The weapons carried by the Emperor’s most devout warriors are as much ritual implements as they are weapons of war, and so we’ve squeezed all sorts of ornate detail into them, pushing our cutting-edge technology to the limit to make sure that every part of the new Battle Sisters tells a story.

Take their bolters – just as the bolt rifles wielded by the Primaris Space Marines were based on the iconic Godwyn-pattern, so too are the new Sisters of Battle bolters.

WHFestLiveBlog-August18-BoltgunHeritage-

There are a bunch of distinct bolt weapons coming out, too – here are just some of them:

WHFestLiveBlog-August18-BoltgunFamily-1w

Our designers have been pushing the design of the Sisters of Battle further than ever before – while you’ll recognise their classic armour and weapons, look closer and you’ll pick up a wealth of detail we could previously only explore in art, like the reverential engravings on each shell of this heavy bolter:

WHFestLiveBlog-August18-HeavyBolter-6yh.

And, of course, you’ll be getting flamers – lots and lots of flamers. It is, after all, the ideal heretic-purging weapon. Based again on the iconic Sisters of Battle flamer, these have been upgraded with a more ornate muzzle:

WHFestLiveBlog-August18-FlamerFamily-5tg

For those who escape your wrath at range, there are plenty of close combat weapons on the way too, again based on classic designs and upgraded with new detail:

WHFestLiveBlog-August18-SwordFamily-7uj.

We’ll have more news on the Sisters of Battle in future studio previews, so watch this space…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dusldorf said:

Can you be more specific? You're kinda beating around the bush here.

I won't. And because you are specifically asking me to do so, I will take it as you trying to bait me into an argument. Let's just say that in the Year of our Lord 2018 it should be self evident on why the imagery is in poor taste.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dusldorf said:

Sure, but so are lynchings and white people. I mean...it's an executioner. Axes and nooses are their tools. Spagunk should get over himself lol. 

Listen, if you can't see why I have a problem with THIS SPECIFIC model and the imagery it holds, I don't know what to tell you. May I suggest you do a poll with people you know and ask them what they think of the model? Don't tell them the context, don't explain what they do or what the faction is about, just ask. I don't know the type of individuals you hang around but it may help you figure this out a bit more.

I'm laughing at the phrase "get over himself". That's precious.

4 minutes ago, spagunk said:

Listen, if you can't see why I have a problem with THIS SPECIFIC model and the imagery it holds, I don't know what to tell you. May I suggest you do an poll with people you know and ask them what they think of the model? Don't tell them the context, don't explain what they do or what the faction is about, just ask. I don't know the type of individuals you hang around but it may help you figure this out a bit more.

I'm laughing at the phrase "get over himself". That's precious.

I would have a problem if they had painted the robe white, or some other color highly associated with white supremacists, but it's blue. There are so many places the mind can go with this imagery that that *aren't* the one you're suggesting. The fact that your mind jumps to who my friends might be makes me think you're projecting, because I have no association with them. Dig deep and consider whether you aren't being a little too sensitive.

2 minutes ago, Dusldorf said:

I would have a problem if they had painted the robe white, or some other color highly associated with white supremacists, but it's blue. There are so many places the mind can go with this imagery that that *aren't* the one you're suggesting. The fact that your mind jumps to who my friends might be makes me think you're projecting, because I have no association with them.

You mean like this?

kkk2-1-600x300.jpg

united_shades_of_america_high-res_ep101_

I know a bit more about this culture than I am comfortable knowing so excuse me if my context is a bit more broad than yours.

3 minutes ago, spagunk said:

It has to do with levels in the organization. There are also those in red and various other colors. Really none of them are safe in my opinion.

Got it. To be clear, there are no colors that someone could paint this model without making this association in your mind?

1 minute ago, Dusldorf said:

Got it. To be clear, there are no colors that someone could paint this model without making this association in your mind?

The imagery is in poor taste from the start. I don't personally see any redemption short of news that the head is 100% removable/optional. Even then, if someone were to ask my opinion i'd advocate completely throwing the head away were that the case.

2 minutes ago, spagunk said:

The imagery is in poor taste from the start. I don't personally see any redemption short of news that the head is 100% removable/optional. Even then, if someone were to ask my opinion i'd advocate completely throwing the head away were that the case.

I see. Personally, I feel like with the right color it'd be fine, since costumes like this one have been worn throughout history by executioners that had no association whatsoever with such groups. Thanks for talking it out 🙂

• Like 1