Sister of Battle Weapon Previews

pretre

Thumb sob2

Hello again !!

After looking at the first of the new generation of Adepta Sororitas at AdeptiCon, today we’re previewing some early images as well as exploring how our miniatures designers have brought this iconic range to life.

WHFestLiveBlog-August18-CondemnorSide-3ed.jpg

WHFestLiveBlog-August18-CondemnorTop-4rf.jpg

The flamer and bolter are classic weapons both of the Sisters of Battle and the Imperium itself, and the design team wanted to make sure that these armaments truly suited those wielding them.

Based on the iconic original bolter, the weapons borne by the Sisters of Battle have been designed to be employed by humans. The weapons carried by the Emperor’s most devout warriors are as much ritual implements as they are weapons of war, and so we’ve squeezed all sorts of ornate detail into them, pushing our cutting-edge technology to the limit to make sure that every part of the new Battle Sisters tells a story.

Take their bolters – just as the bolt rifles wielded by the Primaris Space Marines were based on the iconic Godwyn-pattern, so too are the new Sisters of Battle bolters.

WHFestLiveBlog-August18-BoltgunHeritage-2cs.jpg

There are a bunch of distinct bolt weapons coming out, too – here are just some of them:

WHFestLiveBlog-August18-BoltgunFamily-1wq.jpg%22

Our designers have been pushing the design of the Sisters of Battle further than ever before – while you’ll recognise their classic armour and weapons, look closer and you’ll pick up a wealth of detail we could previously only explore in art, like the reverential engravings on each shell of this heavy bolter:

WHFestLiveBlog-August18-HeavyBolter-6yh.jpg

And, of course, you’ll be getting flamers – lots and lots of flamers. It is, after all, the ideal heretic-purging weapon. Based again on the iconic Sisters of Battle flamer, these have been upgraded with a more ornate muzzle:

WHFestLiveBlog-August18-FlamerFamily-5tg.jpg

For those who escape your wrath at range, there are plenty of close combat weapons on the way too, again based on classic designs and upgraded with new detail:

WHFestLiveBlog-August18-SwordFamily-7uj.jpg

We’ll have more news on the Sisters of Battle in future studio previews, so watch this space…

If you’re still hungry for more news, join us later today for the latest reveals from the Forge World seminar…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Poop 1

So I like that they are finally doing sisters, but given the time since they announced they were going to redo sisters, this is the amount of progress I would expect from a much smaller company.

12 hours ago, paxmiles said:

So I like that they are finally doing sisters, but given the time since they announced they were going to redo sisters, this is the amount of progress I would expect from a much smaller company.

Assume that there's a difference between what they've accomplished and what they're showing us. They don't want to run out of stuff to hype a year before the actual release.

What WestRider said. They've probably got molds for at least 1/4 of the sprues by now, I'd wager, but the sooner you spoil them, the more people clamor for it and get even more impatient than they already are. Smaller companies actually tend to tease and hype more stuff than this when they're getting ready to make a release, because they need people to run right out and pre-order/buy it when it hits the shelves to make up the cost of the new molds. Granted, those are often only a dozen single models, maybe a book, rather than half a dozen *units* with different poses and three or four vehicles, but still.

3 hours ago, Frowbakk said:

A sad lack of Combi-weapons (aside from the Anti-Psyker crossbow) in evidence.

Do any of the new models have combi-weapons?

Not just sisters. None of the primaris marines have combi-weapons that I can think of.

2 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Do any of the new models have combi-weapons?

Not just sisters. None of the primaris marines have combi-weapons that I can think of.

Not in 40K that I can think of. They've been using them a ton in Necromunda, tho, even expanding the concept to Combi-Weapons based on other basic guns than Bolters. Combi-Las/Melta for the Van Saar, Combi-Stub/Plasma Pistol for the Goliaths, etc.

• Like 1