OFCC 2018 Scores for 40K Team Event

evil_bryan

Thanks for putting these up so soon!

Once again, I leave OFCC weekend not burnt out on gaming but feeling refreshed and inspired to play more and paint more (after taking a bit of a break)!

Thank you to my 5 opponents--every game was very close and favorite opponent was once again a very difficult decision.

Thanks again to Ordo organizers for putting together the best gaming weekend there is, yet again! We love you all!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Wait... we were only 5 Achievements away from snagging the top Spirit spot? And only 3 away from Sportsmanship?

OK, next year every team has to have psykers to perils themselves to death, I'll provide the weighted dice that only roll snake-eyes.... No, wait... that darn Sportsmanship thing... dammit!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Frowbakk said:

Wait... we were only 5 Achievements away from snagging the top Spirit spot? And only 3 away from Sportsmanship?

OK, next year every team has to have psykers to perils themselves to death, I'll provide the weighted dice that only roll snake-eyes.... No, wait... that darn Sportsmanship thing... dammit!

Sorry we had to come back and get down! 😋 

Better bring your A+ game the lists next year might just be how we step up and push the bar...

• Haha 1

great event as usual. I also feel refreshed and 40k gets a bit sexier after OFCC. even the 2 games, I got shot off the board were fun.

Ordo East will probably replace me with an Ohio player next year so I am most likely on the free agent market.

Or I could build my own team. "Team You're In"

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Limey_ElJonson said:

Wondering where Underdogs fell down on sports. That's more important to me than battle points 🙂

I never felt bad asking captain to captain.

Sometimes local customs around the game differ and things chafe that shouldn't. 

I know that I will never forget playing your team with the cake markers and getting cake!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fluger said:

I never felt bad asking captain to captain.

Sometimes local customs around the game differ and things chafe that shouldn't. 

I know that I will never forget playing your team with the cake markers and getting cake!

This year with three challenges the struggle was real on our team on who to give the pins to. We recieved 7 total and that appears to be a major difference. We played infiltrators, dickle, and kmd... I also had new blood, some times when you are trying to decide you fall back on well he got my pin last year. New blood resets that. 

@Limey_ElJonson Fyi bring Will back that guy is amazing! Also give him our regards. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

This year with three challenges the struggle was real on our team on who to give the pins to. We recieved 7 total and that appears to be a major difference. We played infiltrators, dickle, and kmd... I also had new blood, some times when you are trying to decide you fall back on well he got my pin last year. New blood resets that. 

@Limey_ElJonson Fyi bring Will back that guy is amazing! Also give him our regards. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the majority of the variation in the Sports scores there is purely due to Fave Opponent pins. I know that's been the case in some years past when we got full breakdowns on the scoring.

Also, the "new blood" thing is something I hadn't thought of, that may well have to do with why I haven't picked up any Fave Opponent pins the last two years. When it comes down to a close decision, having something like 11 Fave Opponent pins on my bag could very reasonably tip someone over into feeling like another Opponent "needs it more" or something.

• Like 1

I also have a REALLY hard time giving out my pin, and feeling like I let the other opponents down because I enjoyed all of the games for different reasons.  Dave got it because he took a beatdown with grace and humour, while still challenging me and we laughed the whole game. I wish I could have given out more... but Bryan might have noticed the numbers were off 😜

Also yes - if I can get Will to come back, I will bring him.  Linton, too!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Craeat said:

wow. I am totally shocked Ordo East scored what we did. For a new upstart team from Ohio we may have set the bar way to high for us next year.

I have made a believer out of my newbies I brought this year and they are already making plans for next year.

Bryan said the ask was for you guys to bring a third team next year. 😃 He said that is going easy on you since he's not asking for you to double your number of teams instead!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

Bryan said the ask was for you guys to bring a third team next year. 😃 He said that is going easy on you since he's not asking for you to double your number of teams instead!

Dont worry, we are trying...... there may be team "m'ORDO EAST" next year

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

For those of you who are curious on how Sportsmanship was calculated, here it is:

Each player could earn up to 3 points per match, with 20 games played across the team that gives a maximum score of 60 points.

Each team was awarded 2 bonus points for each Favorite Opponent pin earned.

Finally, each pre-game Sportsmanship achievement (Old School and No Surprises) each also provided 2 bonus points

The good news is IF the point value of the FO pins was 1 point versus 2, the Warhamsters would still be the winner 🙂

FO Pins at 2 points FO Pins at 1 point
Warhamsters: These are NOT dollies Warhamsters: These are NOT dollies
Ad Hoc Kill! Maim! Beer!
Kill! Maim! Beer! The Emperor's Neckbeards
The Emperor's Neckbeards Ad Hoc
Team FURY Get off my LAN
Just the Dickel Just the Dickel
Silence of the Warp Infil-Traitors
Get off my LAN Ordo East
Ordo East Silence of the Warp
Infil-Traitors Team FURY
Team Diversity Grimdrunk
Grimdrunk Team Diversity
A Club Underdogs A Club Underdogs
Fanger Zone Fanger Zone
Wake me up when the group is full Wake me up when the group is full

• Like 6

A common question I receive Post-OFCC is "How can my team improve next year?" and I think the easiest way is to work on the pre-event scoring opportunities.

Here is a list of all the points earned prior to event weekend:

A Club Underdogs 2
Ad Hoc 4
Fanger Zone 2
Get off my LAN 12
Grimdrunk 6
Infil-Traitors 8
Just the Dickel 6
Kill! Maim! Beer! 6
Ordo East 10
Silence of the Warp 2
Team Diversity 4
Team FURY 4
The Emperor's Neckbeards 6
These are NOT dollies 4
Wake me up when the group is full 4

Special recognition must be paid to Get of my LAN for getting max points...good work guys!!! Ordo East got close, but those pesky New School lists did them in. 🙂 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, evil_bryan said:

A common question I receive Post-OFCC is "How can my team improve next year?" and I think the easiest way is to work on the pre-event scoring opportunities.

Here is a list of all the points earned prior to event weekend:

A Club Underdogs 2
Ad Hoc 4
Fanger Zone 2
Get off my LAN 12
Grimdrunk 6
Infil-Traitors 8
Just the Dickel 6
Kill! Maim! Beer! 6
Ordo East 10
Silence of the Warp 2
Team Diversity 4
Team FURY 4
The Emperor's Neckbeards 6
These are NOT dollies 4
Wake me up when the group is full 4

Special recognition must be paid to Get of my LAN for getting max points...good work guys!!! Ordo East got close, but those pesky New School lists did them in. 🙂 

I blame munkie! Did you pay, oh yeah... then turns in list a day late! To his credit he owned these facts... perhaps I'll push harder for old school lists next year...

@evil_bryan, will grognard lists be a thing again next year? (I refuse to call them old school as my actually old school list didn't qualify but something with a shiny new unit did...)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

I blame munkie! Did you pay, oh yeah... then turns in list a day late! To his credit he owned these facts... perhaps I'll push harder for old school lists next year...

@evil_bryan, will grognard lists be a thing again next year? (I refuse to call them old school as my actually old school list didn't qualify but something with a shiny new unit did...)

That is a good question....if I am running the 40K team event then probably. 🙂

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Limey_ElJonson said:

I also have a REALLY hard time giving out my pin, and feeling like I let the other opponents down because I enjoyed all of the games for different reasons.  Dave got it because he took a beatdown with grace and humour, while still challenging me and we laughed the whole game. I wish I could have given out more... but Bryan might have noticed the numbers were off 😜

Also yes - if I can get Will to come back, I will bring him.  Linton, too!

Regardless of the tactical challenges I might face in my games, the hardest decision of the weekend is always who to give that pin to.

• Like 4

Thanks for posting up all the details so quickly Bryan. It's always fun to look over the data. 

Thank you to all the teams for another great OFCC. Thank you Bryan (and your staff) for running another great year. 

Hopefully all teams made it home safely. We (Get Off My LAN) look forward to seeing you next year. 

• Like 3