Biggest "Marine" models?

PourSpelur

Dumb question but I'm asking anyways. Google search kinda failed me.

What are the biggest Marine models out there? Been noodling on the next army and thinking about going huge.

Custodes? Primaris? Some funky Terminator I'm not remembering? Stormcast Eternals?

Want to make a smaller model count, elite army to give me the ability to heavily convert each dude. Figured the biggest Marines would give me the most canvas.

Help me Ordo-Wan, you're my only hope.

Pretty sure it's Custodes. They're on 40mm bases, while most Primaris are still on 32s. The heavier Primaris, like the Aggressors and Inceptors, are maybe bigger still, but then there are Custodes Terminators. Actually, Centurions are probably the biggest, but awkward to make an Army from, especially because they kind of suck these days.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

I was actually very impressed with the centurions over ofcc... internet says they suck so people ignore them. The move and fire does help a lot and their missiles are impressive. 

"Suck" is too strong, yeah. They are pretty Points-inefficient, tho. However, if there's nothing else on the table (as PourSpelur is going for), they're not going to get ignored, and their overly inflated cost will start becoming a problem very quickly. Custodes, or even Aggressors and Inceptors, would make a better core for an Army.

• Like 1

Seriously, though, Primaris can be a really low count if you add their Grav Tanks, ~300 a pop for flying Land raiders.  Custodes will run a smaller count, quicker too, especially with beta rules out. 

I'm a fan of low model count after playing Templar and Nids for a number of years. Knights and Custodes are where it's at, with two turn tables and a microphone.

• Like 1

Custodes have almost zero customization. If you have the skills to sculpt have at it,

Primaris on the other hand interact well with almost all space marine bits. Very easy to kitbash. And I can agree with happycamper, hellblaster +ancient/apothecary is super awesome. I would make em deathwatch so the interssors have a bit more punch with the speacial ammo but thats me.

1 hour ago, PourSpelur said:

Custodes would give me the impulse to do more sculpting...

They're on 40mm bases each, correct?

Anyone on here that has some, is all that bling able to be shaved and sanded off?

A lot of it. Their armor is modeled after leather strapped plate mail. I have plastic Cust, Plastic Terms, and Plastic Jet bikes if you'd like any close up shots.

On September 3, 2018 at 2:46 PM, PourSpelur said:

Dumb question but I'm asking anyways. Google search kinda failed me.

What are the biggest Marine models out there? Been noodling on the next army and thinking about going huge.

Custodes? Primaris? Some funky Terminator I'm not remembering? Stormcast Eternals?

Want to make a smaller model count, elite army to give me the ability to heavily convert each dude. Figured the biggest Marines would give me the most canvas.

Help me Ordo-Wan, you're my only hope.

Could do a dreadnought army. 60mm bases.

Otherwise, I think Grey Knights are the most elite. Terminator troops on 40mm bases. HQs can be mounted on dreadknights (120mm ovals). GK paladins are the elite version of their terminators. That said, I feel that GK may be most elite, but they aren't the most effective elite choice.

Deathwatch might also be an option. People typically don't field a minimum size deathwatch, but they really have the customization options.