The Big FAQ

pretre

Tracking the different rules and points changes is getting annoying. I wish GW would make a digital rules source that would get updated every time they mess with things. Easier to track one source with edits then having a main rule book, army rule book, FAQs, chapter approved, appendix 1 and 2, Forgeworld, Forgeworld FAQ. Some easy way to make tracking rules and points changes would be helpful; especially since I only play like once a month now.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Ish said:

Frankly, I am shocked that an AoS-style app has not been produced for WH40k yet.  When the current edition launched, with its indices and power levels, I thought for sure an app was in the works... and yet, here we are, still without one.

What bugs me even more is that there was a great one, but instead of buying it out or working with the guy, they just made him shut it down.

• Sad 1

On the digital thing it wouldn't help casuals keep track of the rules any better... I actually think it would be worse cuz honestly how many times do toy read the actual rule book? Faq I read way more often. Nice and split up makes it easier to realize there was a change. 

If it was digital we'd have complaints of stealth updates...

GW has a very annoying practice of writing their rulesbooks in a “conversational” tone, which causes a great deal of ambiguity compared to a more “legalistic” tone.

Often important things are implied instead of explicitly stated, terminology for key game concepts changes from page to page instead of using defined key words, and so on and so forth.  

I’m not saying they need to write their rules with the tax code-like soullessness of Starfleet Battles or Advanded Squad Leader, but it’d be better if they were at least as consistent in their use of key words as Dungeons and Dragons 3.x (and maybe used some of the step-by-step process lists / flowcharts of Gaslands).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

These changes make my Genestealer Cult very very sad.

I find zero reason to play them now. They were already a "win turn 1 or lose turn 2" army.

Now they are an "always lose" army.

GW acknowledged this and said appropriate buffs will be coming in the codex.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Skkipper said:

GW games are about fun and enjoyment. The rules always could be broken. People who need to break them don’t belong in the hobby. Beer and pretzels. If accpect more you are in the wrong game.

Different strokes for different folks. Even though I agree with the idea that gw games are about fun and enjoyment, I'd say that people who tell others what kinds of fun and enjoyment are acceptable are the real ones who don't belong in the hobby.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ish said:

GW has a very annoying practice of writing their rulesbooks in a “conversational” tone, which causes a great deal of ambiguity compared to a more “legalistic” tone.

Often important things are implied instead of explicitly stated, terminology for key game concepts changes from page to page instead of using defined key words, and so on and so forth. 

I'm having trouble picturing what you're describing. Got any examples?

17 hours ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

These changes make my Genestealer Cult very very sad.

I find zero reason to play them now. They were already a "win turn 1 or lose turn 2" army.

Now they are an "always lose" army.

I don't recall them being that bad. Are your sure the issue isn't that you've designed your entire army as a glass cannon, and not that the faction can only produce glass cannon armies? "Win turn 1 or lose turn 2" does seem like something GW would want to discourage, given that their rules and missions don't really support 2-turn games. 

And even if you have a sucky index, you still have allies and buildings you could add.