KILL TEAM: Week 2, Mission 2: Where the heck are we?

Dark Trainer

Welcome to your Kill Team league, week two! Time to continue the slaughter!

I had to post this from my phone, so here's a link to the mission PDF below. I'll try to update the page later. So far we have a couple of teams that earned double resources last week, let's put them in their place! 😉

PDF of Mission: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TBQNydTsLzUdDHigvF0YX63SiKi26DlW

As usual I need you to post the following data in this thread by Oct 8th EoD.

1. Your name
  2. Your board name
  3. Opponents name
  4. Opponents board name
  5. Results for each player
    1. Total VP for both players
    2. Win/Loss for both players
    3. Plus or minus resources per player
  6. Optional: Elaborate on the mission, the story, feedback, etc.

Mission

Kill Team League Mission 2: Where the heck are we?

1. Narrative:
    1. In orbit you see a great space battle playing out as multiple ships explode brighter than stars. The landing jets of your escape pod burst to life in an attempt to slow your decent to the surface of the planet below. Upon exiting your landing pod you realize your team is exposed and must seek a cover. Looking up, you spot other landing craft descending. You think, “Time to secure a place to lay low.”
  2. Battlefield:
    1. Setup the standard 30”x22” mission board with terrain of your choosing. Setup a ruin or some small building that can be occupied in the middle of the board (around 6”x6” or smaller). Deploy 1 objective in the middle of the board (inside that ruin).
      • A team inside the ruin, has discovered the control room! Any team inside the control room with no enemy models inside, can turn on the ‘spotlight’. During the movement phase they can use the spotlight to highlight a single enemy model. When highlighted it allows 1” increase to shooting range and charges against that model.
  3. Deployment: (one on one, two on two, or four man free for all)
    1. Scouting phase (page 49), randomly select a secret strategies using a D6
      • You cannot setup traps in the center ruin
      • image.png.5e0826b6ec45ce4dd5bbbbfc15e6dc70.png
  4. Objective:
    1. The center objective is the hideout your squad seeks. You want to control this by the end of the match. During the match, the control room spotlight might assist you.
  5. Battle length:
    1. 4 turns. After turn 4, roll a 3+ to continue. Turn 5 a 4+, and ends after turn 6.
  6. Victory Conditions:
    • +1 VP per enemy model knocked out of action (max is equal to smallest team size played this mission)
    • +5 VP if your team controls the control room with no enemy models inside it
      • OR, 2 VP if you have more models inside the control room at the end of the game
    • +3 VP if enemy team is broken
    • +1 VP Call out “Die you Imperial/Xenos scum” after killing a model some time during the game
    • +1 VP for fully painted kill team OR newly painted model for the kill team

Winning team gains 1 resource, losing team loses 1 resource. If winning score is double or more a losing team’s score, double the spoils (+2/-2 resources). If a draw, no resources gained or lost.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ish said:

Question about this mission: is the central ruin (the Objective) a valid choice of terrain feature for the Set Traps scouting phase option? 

Because that seems like a problem.

Hmm, yeah I'll edit that. Because traps in the objective does seem like an issue. However, everything else seems to be OK.

1. Matt G.
  2. Dark Trainer
  3. Marshall
  4. Atomic
  5. Results for each player
    1. 8 VP for Dark Trainer, 6 for Atomic
    2. Win for Dark Trainer, Loss for Atomic
    3. +1R for Dark Trainer, -1R for Atomic
  6. The game was well fought, the Necrons proved to be SUPER resilient with reanimation protocols as we learned how to do them right. Not going out on a 6 is insanely powerful! Atomic ended up strategically withdrawing, but we rolled the last turn and nothing would have changed. Great game!

yeah GG, reanimation the way we used to do it seemed a little weak coupled with that they have no multi damage weapons. But done correctly, reanimation can soak up the damage dealt to them from multi damage weapons.  Now my goal is to not get my leader efing killed the first round. That's happened twice now!