Orktober

pretre

Orks iz never defeated in debate. If we win, we win! If we loose, we wuz just playin' da role of elenchic interlocutor, so dat don't count! If we get angry an' krump da uvver guy we don't loose neither, `cuz we krump'd him an' dat proves we wuz right all along! 

• Like 1

How To have an Orky Da S'Ain'tz Celestine... Kinda.

DeffKilla Wartrike for 120 at head of a Bad Moons Detachment of one sort or other with 4++ from Bad Moons Warlord Trait and 5+++ from Supa Cybork Body.

Painboy within 3", not for Dok's Tools (which won't work due to Supa Cybork Body) but for 1 CP Medi-Squig which WILL heal d3 wounds because Da S'Ain'tz a CHARACTER with T6 and 8 Wounds (with 4++ and 5+++)

Mekboy  to tag along also within 3" and repair the Deffkilla Wartrike another d3 wounds per turn 'cuz Da S'Ain'tz a VEHICLE.

Add unit of Nobz on Warbikes as Da Warp'z Serruh-Fimm.

Have a couple of Weirdboyz with Fist of Gork and Warpath in a Trukk with the Painboy & Mek (if they ain't on Warbikes, that it) to further buff Da S'Ain'tz...

...Profit?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VonVilkee said:

I reject your argument on the grounds of forge world. You totally still have the option you are talking about, codex does not replace forge world.

I must say I am a little surprised to see you asking for a forge world option tho...

Shh. Encourage it.

Supakannon is unchanged so far by the codex unless it was FAQ'd.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VonVilkee said:

I reject your argument on the grounds of forge world. You totally still have the option you are talking about, codex does not replace forge world.

I must say I am a little surprised to see you asking for a forge world option tho...

I'll be totally honest.  I made my ork army using BattleScribe, because I was in a hurry and a buddy needed to borrow an army.  I just never changed it.  Had no idea it WAS Forge World.  Uggh.  No wonder its so much better than the alternatives.  Suddenly the light has gone on.  I feel sullied.  But it is more proof I guess.  I'll add that one to the list and make other plans...

8 minutes ago, Lord Hanaur said:

I'll be totally honest.  I made my ork army using BattleScribe, because I was in a hurry and a buddy needed to borrow an army.  I just never changed it.  Had no idea it WAS Forge World.  Uggh.  No wonder its so much better than the alternatives.  Suddenly the light has gone on.  I feel sullied.  But it is more proof I guess.  I'll add that one to the list and make other plans...

latest?cb=20161002154254

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lord Hanaur said:

Yes, yes, let the resin flow...

See, dat's da problem wiff deez Space Orks. Dey let weedy gits like @Lord Hanaur lead'em around e'erywhere an' he don't haff da teef to get some uv dem flash Forge World guns. A right proper Fantasy Orc (shaddup about dat "Orruk" nonsense) like me wouldn't be too a'feared to use some flash Forge World critters in my Waaagh! If dey made anyfing fer us dat is.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ish said:

See, dat's da problem wiff deez Space Orks. Dey let weedy gits like @Lord Hanaur lead'em around e'erywhere an' he don't haff da teef to get some uv dem flash Forge World guns. A right proper Fantasy Orc (shaddup about dat "Orruk" nonsense) like me wouldn't be too a'feared to use some flash Forge World critters in my Waaagh! If dey made anyfing fer us dat is.

Well done.  You know I once put a blog up and spoke in "ork" throughout it.  It was far more difficult than I thought going into it.  Maybe I can find a link to that...

Found it.  Not as fun as I wanted it to be, but it was an effort:  Ork reportin'

It's all about striking the balance between being actually readable and a phonetic transcription of their pseudo-Cockney meets pseduo-Mancunian accent.  I find it works best to replace any ending -th with an -f or -ff; replace any -ing ending with -in'; and add a glottal stop in various positions in longer words, especially after a stressed syllable. Throw in as many slang terms from the late Seventies / early Eighties British punk rock soccer hooligan scene as you can stomach. 

Goth becomes Goff; Death becomes Deff; Nobles becomes Nobs which becomes Nobz; an' so on an' so forf...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ish said:

It's all about striking the balance between being actually readable and a phonetic transcription of their pseudo-Cockney meets pseduo-Mancunian accent.  I find it works best to replace any ending -th with an -f or -ff; replace any -ing ending with -in'; and add a glottal stop in various positions in longer words, especially after a stressed syllable. Throw in as many slang terms from the late Seventies / early Eighties British punk rock soccer hooligan scene as you can stomach. 

Goth becomes Goff; Death becomes Deff; Nobles becomes Nobs which becomes Nobz; an' so on an' so forf...

Again, well done and thank you.

2 hours ago, Lord Hanaur said:

Now I'm going to need to figure out if it is better than the alternatives... kill kanon on the gun boat version gets as many shots at 6" move... pts and transport are gonna be the differentiators. Both versions get dakka dakka dakka and kultures...

On 11/9/2018 at 4:19 PM, VonVilkee said:

Now I'm going to need to figure out if it is better than the alternatives... kill kanon on the gun boat version gets as many shots at 6" move... pts and transport are gonna be the differentiators. Both versions get dakka dakka dakka and kultures...

It's been terribly impressive in its role.  I use it to bring all my characters to the front except one, which lets me have just 9 drops in my army.  It definitely shoots like crazy.  So I had gotten excellent mileage out of it.  But with the ork codex changes it seems increasingly likely that it will have to be dropped anyways to maintain some semblance of the same list.  More Gretchen.  less Battle Wagon.