KILL TEAM: Week 3, Mission 3: Siphon resources

Dark Trainer

Welcome to your Kill Team league, week three! Time to gather your resources!

I had to post this from my phone, so here's a link to the mission PDF below. Saw a smaller turn out Tuesday. Remember you can play both and go back and make up weeks missed, even play players that have played already! Time to retake what's yours! 

PDF of Missionhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/15exPkdHOl05x4jwcLiE41Jl3WNHB1u0B/view?usp=drivesdk

As usual I need you to post the following data in this thread by Oct 15th EoD.

1. Your name
  2. Your board name
  3. Opponents name
  4. Opponents board name
  5. Results for each player
    1. Total VP for both players
    2. Win/Loss for both players
    3. Plus or minus resources per player
  6. Optional: Elaborate on the mission, the story, feedback, etc.

Mission: 

Kill Team League Mission 3: Siphon resources

1)   Narrative:

Now that we have a place for a base of operations, we need to gear up to survive. You order your team to scout the area and secure any intelligence they can find.

2)   Battlefield:

Setup the standard 30”x22” mission board with terrain of your choosing. Setup 5 objective markers. One in the center field, and other four in the center of the remaining four quadrants (as shown in diagram below). Number each marker one through five. To start the game, only the center objective is ‘active’.

3)   Deployment: (one on one, two on two, or four man free for all)

a.      Scouting phase (page 49), pick a secret strategy by hiding a D6 and reveal at the same time as opponent.

image.png.a95333d0966877e9fb0fb537a7f00b63.png

4)     Objective:

Score the active objective marker each turn to siphon resources or deny your opponent scoring.

·        Only one objective marker is active during a game round. At the end of each game round (in initiative order) players can choose to score it or change the active marker.

o   If choosing to score it, that player’s model must be base contact with the active marker and gain 1 VP. Immediately roll to ‘move’ the objective marker (it cannot remain at the same location).

o   If choosing to change the active marker, (no base contact required) roll a D6. On a 1-5 that marker becomes active. On a 6 the power relay flashes wildly and nothing happens.

5)     Battle length: 4 turns. After turn 4, roll a 3+ to continue. Turn 5 a 4+, and ends after turn 6.

6)   Victory Conditions:

+1 VP per enemy model knocked out of action (max is equal to smallest team size played this mission)

+X VP’s for each active objective marker you scored during the game

+3 VP’s if enemy team is broken

+1 VP Offer a snack or drink to your opponent after scoring the active marker some time during the game

+1 VP for fully painted kill team OR newly painted model for the kill team

Winning team gains 1 resource, losing team loses 1 resource. If winning score is double or more a losing team’s score, double the spoils (+2/-2 resources). If a draw, no resources gained or lost.

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

1. Matt
  2. Dark Trainer
  3. Justin?
  4. JustJokin?
  5. Results for each player
    1. Me: 8, JustJokin: 10
    2. Me: Loss, JustJokin: Win
    3. Me: -1R, JustJokin: +1R
  6. Had a great game! The Orks were swinging for the fences early, and the Grey Knights ended up having ONE guy who single handedly took out more than half the Orks. Orks lost primarily to being broken and wounds. Grey Knights pull it out in the clutch!!! Very close game!

• 2 weeks later...