I don't know what to think about this...

Duckman

I'm torn between joy and trepidation.

They're using a Queen song in the teaser which is promising attention to detail.  I like the casting (Tennant and Sheen although I don't know the kids at all).

I don't know that I like the format (I would have thought it fit better as a movie or possibly a miniseries instead of a series although being only 6 episodes, maybe this is a miniseries)...  I'm also concerned that it is following Crowley and Aziraphale more than Adam (and only Brian instead of the "Them") and Anathema (at least in the trailer).

To the good, Gaiman has the writing credits for all 6 episodes so hopefully it is true to his vision, if not to mine...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Neil Gaiman’s ‘American Gods’ was also adapted into what is, nominally, an ongoing series. But with only eight episodes in the first “season” and another eight slated for the second... So it’s not so much an ongoing series in the traditional sense as it is a stretched out miniseries. I can only assume this is the plan for ‘Good Omens.’

Gaiman has an excellent track record for television adaptations of his works and has written some very good original television and films himself. So while I’m normally apprehensive about any of my favorite books getting adapted for film or television, I’m a lot less nervous about one of his works (especially when he’s directly involved in the production).

• Like 1

I'm holding my breath regarding American Gods as well.  The second act, with Puppy hiding out in a small apartment in Minnesota or wherever it is is not going to play well on TV but I really love the way it reads and the characters involved in that portion in particular.  I was also *not* impressed, for example, with the addition of Vulcan in the first season.

• 2 weeks later...

Of all the works by both authors this is probably the best fit.

Also, as far as Gaiman adaptations go I will say that the BBC ones are the best because of the stuff they don't do. 

I think the trick is to avoid the temptation to compare books and movies. 

No question of whether I'll watch this. 

It is a pity that Alan Rickman didn't live long enough to play Crowley. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1