LF: Warmaster Empire Or Orcs & Gobs

Brother Glacius

• 3 weeks later...

There's a few Warmaster blisters at GG. They also had an entire Warmaster Elf army for a while, but I'm not sure if it's still there. I don't think they sell very well, so might have to ask one of the staff that does the trades (Max, maybe) to figure out where they are currently stored within the store. Not sure if they have Empire specifically, but definitely have some Undead in blister (I recall being amused that they had an warmaster scale undead giant...).

1 hour ago, TheBeninator said:

Might I ask what you plan to use said warmaster miniatures to play?

Or is this just a collection campaign?

This might be a radical idea, but hear me out, I think he intends to use them to play Warmaster. Just a crazy theory.

(Having said that, I’ve been considering buying a whole mess of 6 mm medieval historicals and using them for Saga: Age of Crusades.)

Dang it....I was just at GG to get the ork codex and I forgot to ask about warmaster. Quite honestly though, it was hell just driving to GG. There are so many bad drivers in Portland. I seriously am looking forward to leaving the city. The sheer amount of a-holes out there is overwhelming. I was all happy and excited to get my new book, but by the time I got home, I was just glad I had made it alive.

I'm actually planning on using the models to play Warmaster. I only have two units of halberdiers, and they are required for every 1K points. So in order to field 2K (my goal) I need another two units.

47 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

Didn’t realize people still play warmaster. I concede my ignorance.

To be fair, I neither knew people still played or ever played in the past. The game went over like a lead balloon in my circles back when it was new.

The people who played 6 or 10 mm scale games were all hardcore historical grognards who scoffed at anything even hinting of fantasy and the people who played WHFB saw no reason to switch scales. I was interested, personally, but couldn’t find anyone willing to go in on the game with me.

I’ve always considered Epic: 40,000 (Third Edition) or Battlefleet Gothic to be the pinnacle of GW’s game design... Of course, both share essentially the same mechanical foundation with Warmaster, so it’s probably a given that I’d enjoy that game too.

Not sure I'd agree with that. In those other games, units are completely independent and always are able to perform actions. Warmaster has a command system which not only introduces failure of even basic actions, but also grants a variability to how much a unit or units can do. There is a much greater risk and reward mechanic in Warmaster that I have yet to see GW go back to.

55 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

Yowch....$15-$20 a blister. That's worse than ebay prices. Wonder if they are commission for someone?

No clue, and it seemed like a good number of them were undead, not empire. But I don't really play warmaster, I'm just in GG a lot.

I will note that GG used prices often count on the 15% off GW stuff for [40k] league nights, plus that you can pay in trade (which they give more for than they would in cash or normal store credit for trades). So in terms of cash, it might be worse than ebay, but you probably have unrelated trades that would makes this a steal. And these are rare models in unopened packages...

Only pretty sure these count as trade. I've bought "used" blisters from them before, and it counted, so it's probably the same here.

19 hours ago, Ish said:

Those prices are insane, given that you can buy an entire army elsewhere in this scale for under $50 USD...

Sure, but you are comparing old collectibles in original packaging to freshly produced non-limited model lines. I'm not saying this makes them reasonably priced, but I am saying it's unfair to compare them like that. 

Like comparing the prices/products at an Antique store to that of Target. It's just not a fair comparison.