Three-horn Cup! One day, four game Blood Bowl tournament 1/12/2019

Weav

Three-horn Cup Banner V3.png

The NAF - Three-horn Cup tournament page
OrdoBowl.com event page/roster upload
Facebook event page - Three-horn Cup

TEAM CREATION 

• Teams may be purchased using 1,100,000gp
  • Skill pack: you purchase your skills using your 1,100,000gp budget; regular skills cost 20,000gp, and doubles cost 30,000gp; each player may have up to 40,000gp in purchased skills; no stat advancements are available
  • Only allowed inducements that may be purchased with your initial 1,100,000gp allowance are one Star Player, and Halfling Master Chefs to Halfling teams, and Bribes to Goblin teams; all teams will receive gold from Nikk Three-horn for inducements at the beginning of each game based on his temperment; see below for details
  • Teams may be selected from any of the official 26 NAF tournament teams
  • Teams must purchase a legal team with their 1,100,000gp budget; i.e., eleven players before Star Player, no more positionals than allowed by team creation sheet, etc...

DETAILS 

• When - Saturday January 12th, 2019; registration 9:00am, first game at 9:30am
  • Where - Western Oregon Wargamers (W.O.W.) 717 SE Main St Portland, Oregon USA
  • How much - $20/$15 Non-Champions/Ordo Champions (Registration)
  • Who - Anyone!
  • Awards - Three-horn Cup Champion, Marshall Johnson Award (Favorite Opponent), Players' Choice, Best Offense, Most Casualties, Horney Cup (Stunty Cup; only if three or more Stunty coaches participate)

He's baaaaack! Former NAF commissioner Nikk Three-horn has returned, and he's here for redemption. Three-horn brings his unique perspective on the game of Blood Bowl, along with collaborating with Ordo Bowl to present the first ever Three-horn Cup! 

Three-horn Cup is a one-day, four game resurrection style, swiss-system Blood Bowl tournament. For the first round only, we will do our best to pair players off against members that are outside of their home club. The tournament will run four total matches. Awards include Three-horn Cup Champion, Marshall Johnson Award (Favorite Opponent), Players' Choice, Best Offense and Most Casualties, and the Horney Cup (Stunty Cup) if there are at least three Stunty teams. 

Teams will be built with 1,100,000 gold pieces, and must be legal with eleven players minimum. Coaches may buy skills for their players, but are limited to no more than 40,000 gold per player. No stat advances are allowed. Inducement purchases are limited, as teams may only purchase a single Star Player. Some teams may purchase specific inducements with their initial allowance. Please see the team build rules later in this document.

Before each game, the generous Nikk Three-horn gives each team gold to purchase inducements! That's right, you may pick your inducements after you have your match-up, which allows you to change your choices for each of your opponents. All inducements, except special play cards, are available for purchase. That means Mercenaries, Star Players, (In)Famous Coaching Staff, Nurglings...you get it!. All Inducement rules apply, meaning, no more than one Wizard, no more than two Star Players and so on. If you do not spend all of your team gold allowance on building your team, it isn’t carried over to your inducement budget, so build your team wisely! Don't disappoint Nikk, he can be temperamental...you must spend as much of the inducement as possible for each game. The big question is, where did he get all that money...?

All games will be played in Nikk's gorgeous new stadium, with state of the art amenities. That means no weather is rolled before the game. Before each round, the tournament organizer will roll on the Three-horn Cup 'Start of Match' chart. This chart will be published soon, and reflects the chaotic nature of Nikk's personality and temperament. 

Cost is $20 per player, or $15 for 2019 Ordo Fanaticus Champions. For registration and payment, please visit http://www.ordofanaticus.com/store/product/66-three-horn-cup-one-day-four-game-blood-bowl-tournament/

Three-horn Cup is NAF and West Coast Grand Prix sanctioned!

Coin.png

• Like 3

Registered players:

• @Locky86 Richard (roster received)
  • @MOONEY David (roster received-legal)
  • Lance Swanson (roster received-legal)
  • @Ziggens Mike (no roster)
  • @Patriarch of Sigmar David (roster received)
  • @Bosco Jesse (no roster-legal)
  • @Zorcon John (roster received-legal)
  • Nick Vice (roster received-legal)
  • @scotthartman Scott (roster received-legal)
  • @kb10r Dave (no roster)
  • Steve Wolfhard (no roster)
  • Matt Lindner (roster received-legal)
  • @savion47 Shane (no roster)
  • @Burk Burk (no roster)
  • @Frostitute Travis (roster received-legal)
  • @sbr Steve (no roster)
  • @MexicanNinja Art (roster received-legal)
  • Amado Glick (no roster)
  • Like 2

Update: after extensive meetings with Mr. Three-horn and his representatives, changes will be made to team build allowed for Three-horn Cup. 

One Star Player may be purchased with your initial budget of 1.1M gp, as long as the rest of your roster fits the roster creation rules (i.e.; eleven players). That Star Player is considered ‘rostered’ to your team, and rules for upkeep in Death Zone: Season Two apply. The upkeep is removed from your available inducement budget before the game.

Teams that receive a discount on inducements (Halflings and Goblins) may purchase, or ‘roster’, their specific discounted inducement (Master Chef/bribe) but will pay upkeep as if the inducement was a Star Player using the upkeep rules from Death Zone: Season Two.

The Facebook About page and other rules pages will be updated with the new rules shortly.

Nikk is excited about these changes, and is sure they will even the field for his Three-horn Cup.

• Like 1

Celebrate Thanksgiving by signing up for the Three-horn Cup! Enjoy playing Blood Bowl for Nikk Three-horn, as he throws around gold to teams with reckless abandon...each coach will receive custom event dice, special play cards and a special event inducement one-pager. 

🏈 Three-horn Cup - January 12, 2019 Western Oregon Wargames, Portland Oregon USA 🏈

http://www.ordofanaticus.com/store/product/66-three-horn-cup-one-day-four-game-blood-bowl-tournament/

This a good spot to talk about potential rosters? Initially wanted to bring in Underworld, for some sweet Guard / Tentacles on normals, but don't think I'll be able to get the team together before then, so I'm looking at bringing Renegades:

1. Troll - Guard
  2. Ogre - Pro
  3. Dark Elf - Block / Dodge
  4. Goblin - 2 Heads / Horns
  5. Orc
  6. Human - Leader
  7. Human - Block / Tackle
  8. Human - Wrestle
  9. Human - Guard
  10. Human - Guard
  11. Human

2x Rerolls

I can induce the Minotaur with Juggernaut for a 230k and have enough for a Keg and some cheerleaders / coaches. Keeping in mind that I may not know what I'm doing... thoughts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrewgeddon said:

This a good spot to talk about potential rosters? Initially wanted to bring in Underworld, for some sweet Guard / Tentacles on normals, but don't think I'll be able to get the team together before then, so I'm looking at bringing Renegades:

1. Troll - Guard
  2. Ogre - Pro
  3. Dark Elf - Block / Dodge
  4. Goblin - 2 Heads / Horns
  5. Orc
  6. Human - Leader
  7. Human - Block / Tackle
  8. Human - Wrestle
  9. Human - Guard
  10. Human - Guard
  11. Human

2x Rerolls

I can induce the Minotaur with Juggernaut for a 230k and have enough for a Keg and some cheerleaders / coaches. Keeping in mind that I may not know what I'm doing... thoughts?

This is the place for this! I love the idea of skill heavy builds...three guards will be tough to get through, and the two head horn goblin is a nice cage smasher.

• Like 1