Three-horn Cup! One day, four game Blood Bowl tournament 1/12/2019

Weav

A message sent from the desk of Nikk Three-horn:

My loyal subject coaches,

Congratulations for being selected to play in my Three-horn Cup. During my absence from the corrupted world of Blood Bowl, I have been able to reflect on the ways the modern game can be improved, and the tournament will feature many of my great ideas. Really, revolutionary stuff. I envy you for being able to attend.

Having said that, there are a few things you and your players should be aware of. Three-horn Stadium (Western Oregon Wargamers, WOW to you and me - Weav) will be open at 8:30am on game day, with registration at 9am, and first game at 9:30am. I'm being told by Mr. Burckhard's wench, err, assistant that Ordo Bowl always runs on time. I assume that means you and your team should make the appropriate accommodations to be there ready to go. On time. 

A benefit to playing in Three-horn Stadium is that it is free from weather concerns (however, WOW itself can get cold...please dress in layers so you can adjust your comfort appropriately - Weav), so we won't be 'rolling the dice' as it comes to weather (meaning, we don't roll on the weather table; instead, we will roll on the Three-horn temperament table - Weav). 

Because I have selected your teams to participate, I will shower your teams in lavish gifts before each match, which you can use to destroy your opponent. Be prepared (what Nikk is saying is that on the Temperament chart there are results that can help you, like give you lots of inducement monies, or even a free Mercenary; you must have a reasonable model to represent the Merc, but painting isn't required for that model - Weav).

I want to know your players before I see them play. Send me your rosters via your swiftest emissary (don't go through all that trouble; just use the upload form at www.OrdoBowl.com/events no later than Thursday 1/11/2019 so your roster can be reviewed and validated ahead of time - Weav).

Future critical communications will be sent via Cabalmail (or e-mail, or keep an eye on the Ordo Bowl Facebook page, too - Weav) like this one. I suggest you pay close attention to them, as I do not like to be disappointed. Roze-El learned what it means when I am disappointed. 

Lastly, I DO NOT accept tattered and ragged uniforms in my glorious stadium! Make sure your team is well kept, and it's armor free of blemish (in other words, painted teams are required; you won't get turned away if you're unpainted, but any unfinished team will disqualify you from all awards, even the championship. However, Ordo Bowl has access to about every team a person would want to play, so just ask to borrow one, we're happy to assist - Weav). This, I command. 

Hail and Kill! Your brother in Sigmar, 

Nikk

--

Three-horn Stadium / Western Oregon Wargamers
717 SE Main ST
Portland, OR

Ordo Bowl Commissioner: Jason Weaver weav@ordobowl.com
Ordo Bowl Executive Director: Mark Burckhard

On 11/26/2018 at 1:45 PM, Andrewgeddon said:

This a good spot to talk about potential rosters? Initially wanted to bring in Underworld, for some sweet Guard / Tentacles on normals, but don't think I'll be able to get the team together before then, so I'm looking at bringing Renegades:

1. Troll - Guard
  2. Ogre - Pro
  3. Dark Elf - Block / Dodge
  4. Goblin - 2 Heads / Horns
  5. Orc
  6. Human - Leader
  7. Human - Block / Tackle
  8. Human - Wrestle
  9. Human - Guard
  10. Human - Guard
  11. Human

2x Rerolls

I can induce the Minotaur with Juggernaut for a 230k and have enough for a Keg and some cheerleaders / coaches. Keeping in mind that I may not know what I'm doing... thoughts?

@Andrewgeddon will we be blessed with your presence at the event? Nikk is wondering.

Signed up.  I'm bringing an interesting Orc skill heavy list for funsies:

Lineman w/pass block

Lineman w/pass block

Lineman

Thrower w/accurate and nerves of steel

Black Orc Blocker w/block and tackle

Black Orc Blocker w/block and tackle

Blitzer w/tackle

Blitzer w/tackle

Troll w/break tackle

Goblin w/catch

Goblin w/catch

Goblin

1 re-roll

1 fan factor

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sbr said:

Does anyone have a werewolf model I could borrow for the day on the off chance I decide to punch myself in the ***** and hire Wilhelm Chaney?

A certain someone took mine to Utah and hasn't gotten around to sending them back.

@Burk let Steve borrow an Ulfwerner as Wilhelm Cheney?

From the desk of Nikk Three-horn:

Nikk has been asked which Star Players will be present for teams to hire at the Three-horn Cup; he has invited all players from the most recent NAF list of registered stars and freebooters (in other words, all star players from the attached document, with the exception of the Shambling Undead list, which will use Spike Journal issue four - Weav).

https://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/NAF-Team-Lists-v1.5_NO_BG.pdf

• Like 1

• Weav unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Three-horn Cup final results:

• Champion: @Patriarch of Sigmar (Shambling Undead)

• 2nd place: @Locky86 (Amazon)

• 3rd place: @Burk (Goblin)

• Favorite Opponent: @Bosco (Elf Union)

• 2nd place: @savion47 (Ogre)

• 3rd place: Nick Vice (Wood Elf)

• Horney Cup (Stunty Cup): @Burk (Goblin)

• 2nd place: @savion47 (Ogre)

• 3rd place: @Zorcon (Halfling)

• Players’ Choice: @Zorcon (Halfling)

• 2nd place: @Patriarch of Sigmar (Shambling Undead)

• 3rd place: Lance Swanson (Chaos Chosen)

• Best Offense: Nick Vice (Wood Elf)

• 2nd place: @Patriarch of Sigmar (Shambling Undead)

• 3rd place: @Locky86 (Amazon)

• Most Casualties: @Patriarch of Sigmar (Shambling Undead)

• 2nd place: Amado Glick (Orc)

• 3rd place: @Burk (Goblin)

• Best Defense: @kb10r (Dwarf)

• 2nd place: Matt Lindner (Orc)

• 3rd place: @Patriarch of Sigmar (Shambling Undead)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2