Black Friday Apoc Game is a "GO"

zcaust83

Hello everyone, this is the introductory post to gather interest and factions to be represented. we have a place and scenario set, we need to see who is going to make it now.

The game this year will be held at Fate and Fury Games in Vancouver. The preferred gathering time is 930am so that we can get started ASAP. I personally have the entire day and night to play that day and so we can keep it going until midnight when the shop closes.

Please post any questions here also and I will be back online later tonight.

-chris

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Black Friday Apoc game update:

@Romans832 @deadwing34 @Ish @happycamper @Torg @Arizenkin @peter.cosgrove @IamTheHuman @Nathanvoodoo @DisruptiveConduct @pretre

Hey I tagged you all because you either reacted to this post or I think you would be interested in this. If you are not interested in a black friday apoc game, thats cool too. but do me a favor and ask around or point the way to anyone who asks you lol

up to 10 people max with the space available

2500 points per player, each "team" will be able to decide how many points of whichever faction can have going forward from this post.

no limitations on power level or unit choices beyond the rule of 3

titans, knights and super heavy units will all be allowed

Only 1 unique character per faction as is standard with the BRB (so no x3 bobby G's, only 1 person can field him)

the overall mission will be determined after some more consideration on our part and when we know a rough idea of who is coming and what factions will be presented. that will be the next round of updates, based on the replies and RSVP's we get on this thread.

FOOD:

I am prepared to make a huge pot of chilli so noone has to leave and worry about finding food. I'm a pretty good cook and my house is clean. i can prepare it here and bring it in my slow cooker should be perfect by 6 or 7pm.

OR, since it's the day after thanksgiving, maybe we could do a pot luck with our leftovers

OR we can all pitch in 12 bucks for pizzas, prize support (raffle prizes from the store)  and a few sodas

OR you can easily find food across the street from the shopping center we are located in.

let me know your thoughts and interest ASAP please 🙂

Thanks.

-chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m in (of course). It will be a narrative game - with defined victory conditions and end.  After we have a number of players and factions lined up we can solidify the narrative.  Also, we’ve built in some balance to the narrative to allow for equality between sides - especially considering there will be large titans in the game. 

-d

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK so the imperium side is locked down at 5 definite players.

Grey Knights- @zcaust83

Ultra Marines- Paul

Salamanders- @happycamper

Custom chapter- Josh

custodes/knights- @Nathanvoodoo

Terrain is being worked on this week and a scenario should be published next week.

@DisruptiveConduct do you think I can get a couple scenic pieces from the clubhouse? I can rent them or whatever. I'll take full responsibility for them

1 hour ago, Torg said:

Right now the Eldar (me) will be awaiting the final details on the chaos side.  - maybe I’m dark eldar in disguise? Lol

how many titans will there be to balance out things?  Wondering if I need to bring a revenant as well as the sleeping phantom?

Aren't the Eldar (all versions) really, really opposed to chaos (especially slaanesh)?

45 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Aren't the Eldar (all versions) really, really opposed to chaos (especially slaanesh)?

Except for the ones that aren’t... Fallen Eldar are extremely rare in M42, but between the War in Heaven (c. M59 BCE) and the Fall of the Eldar (c. M29–M30) they existed in sizable (if still rare) numbers as cultists, renegades, and other social malcontents.

Chaos daemons don’t only whisper into the ears of human psykers. 

• Like 2

The idea being floated currently, is that the Eldar are kinda caught in the middle... 

With the seers feeling getting the orks involved will help - as well as not directly fighting the chaos forces... while they slink away in the shadows. 

Allowing chaos to win this battle helps set up a better future for the Eldar - as well as building to the eventual demise of the chaos factions involved.  It is a tangled web of fates - but it leads to the optimal outcome. 

1 hour ago, Ish said:

Except for the ones that aren’t... Fallen Eldar are extremely rare in M42, but between the War in Heaven (c. M59 BCE) and the Fall of the Eldar (c. M29–M30) they existed in sizable (if still rare) numbers as cultists, renegades, and other social malcontents.

Chaos daemons don’t only whisper into the ears of human psykers. 

My understanding is that issue is that eldar have an issue with maintaining daemonic corruption. Their souls just get sucked out too fast for the Eldar to properly fall. So you get actual daemons, rather than Eldar with Daemonic gifts. 

I do kinda wish their alter the fluff abit and make it so humans weren't the only chaos "enhanced" faction. Chaos beastmen, eldar, orks, and I'd really like to see some Eldar or Necrons that got draw to the dark powers. Dark Mechanicus would be nice too. Maybe not Chaos TAU, but I can see TAU having a "suit" or drone that got possessed.

In general, I'd like to see more 40k crossover special characters, like Cypher, rather than each faction having only their faction specific special characters. Would also help sell models...and I really like the idea of being able to buy a character or unit usable in other armies, and fluffy to do so. Imperium has thier Inquisition for this, I'd love some non-imperium crossover characters.

On the other hand, I'd like to see the Hereticus Astartes (CSM) pushed back into a single codex (a fat one, like SM got). 

1 minute ago, paxmiles said:

My understanding is that issue is that eldar have an issue with maintaining daemonic corruption. Their souls just get sucked out too fast for the Eldar to properly fall. So you get actual daemons, rather than Eldar with Daemonic gifts. 

I do kinda wish their alter the fluff abit and make it so humans weren't the only chaos "enhanced" faction. Chaos beastmen, eldar, orks, and I'd really like to see some Eldar or Necrons that got draw to the dark powers. Dark Mechanicus would be nice too. Maybe not Chaos TAU, but I can see TAU having a "suit" or drone that got possessed.

In general, I'd like to see more 40k crossover special characters, like Cypher, rather than each faction having only their faction specific special characters. Would also help sell models...

Note the dates Ish referenced. That's before the creation of Slaanesh. The other three don't have anything near to Slaanesh's affinity for Aeldari souls, and before her/his creation, Aeldari could turn to them as easily as any other species. With Slaanesh around, things are a bit different. It's entirely possible that Aeldari turning to any of the Chaos Powers would leave themselves too open to Slaanesh, but it's also possible that their chosen Power could shield them from that. That might actually be a pretty interesting area to explore, Aeldari seeking refuge from Slaanesh with the other Chaos Powers.

The Eldar were pretty much the uncontested masters of the Milky Way for a loooooong time. The War in Heaven ended in M59 BCE (roughly 60,000 BC). Afterwards, only the Space Orks and the Eldar were left standing... The Orks did what they’ve pretty much always done and rampaged around like interstellar football hooligans on jihad. But the Space Elves actually built a star-spanning civilization. It would last for about 90,000 years. 

Slaaneesh was created during the Fall of the Eldar (M29-M30), roughly concurrent with the Unification Wars on Terra and Mars, when the Emperor “revealed himself” and took over the solar system. 

The resultant creation of the Eye of Terror was an outlet for the pent-up Warp energy that had impeded human Warp travel for so long, leading to the thousands of “lost human colonies” of humanity. With Warp travel becoming possible again, the Emperor could begin the Great Crusade. Without the Eldar Empire to contend with, the new Imperium of Man could grow virtually uncontested. 

Anyway, during the ninety millennia that the Space Elves were thriving across the entire Milky Way, I think it’d be absolute folly to say that none of them were ever corrupted by Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch, or one of the minor Chaos Gods. Likewise, surely a few must have gone heretical during the last eleven millennia, right?

So go ahead, convert some Wych Elves and Storm Guardians to run as “counts as” Cultists; Turn that old Avatar of Khaine model into a Daemon Prince; Mix a few Farseer bitz with your Aspiring Sorcerer bitz and make a Tzeentch-Seer... It’ll look cool.

Edited by Ish
I kan spell guud.
  • Like 1