necrontyr

Blackstone Fortress

Posted 29/10/2018

The Hunt for the Blackstone Fortress 1: The Precipice

BlackstonePreview-Oct29-Header2jcr.jpgThe time has nearly come for you to explore the Blackstone Fortress for yourself! This week, we’ll be following Rogue Trader Janus Draik – an intrepid explorer obsessed with unlocking the mysteries of the Blackstone Fortress – in a narrative animated miniseries, starting with a look at Precipice…

Around the Blackstone Fortress lies a midden of shattered fleets – the graveyards of those foolish enough to try to take this ancient citadel by force. From the ruins of these failed ventures came a space station – a waypoint for those looking to venture into the fortress themselves. Enter Precipice:

Who’s that talking in the video? That’d be none other than Rogue Trader Janus Draik – an intrepid explorer drawn to the Blackstone Fortress in search of glory. He’s just one of the Explorers you’ll be able to use in the game – and but one of the incredible models from the set we’ll be revealing this week…

BlackstonePreview-Oct29-RogueTrader1vrg.

For more news on Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress, stay tuned to the Warhammer 40,000 Facebook page.

3 minutes ago, Nathanvoodoo said:

So? What’s this game gonna be? I’m getting a 40k frostgrave vibe

Warhammer Quest in spaaaaace.

If you’ve ever played Warhammer Quest, HeroQuest, Descent, or some other “dungeon crawl in a box” game, that’s basically what this is going to be. The closest WH40k analogy to Frostgrave would be Necromunda or Kill Team.

Every player will control one individual hero and you’ll work together as a party to survive randomly generated dungeons. Except for one player, who will control all the monsters and try to kill you.

Just now, Ish said:

If you’ve ever played Warhammer Quest, HeroQuest, Descent, or some other “dungeon crawl in a box” game, that’s basically what this is going to be. The closest WH40k analogy to Frostgrave would be Necromunda or Kill Team.

Every player will control one individual hero and you’ll work together as a party to survive randomly generated dungeons. Except for one player, who will control all the monsters and try to kill you.

Ha! Beat me to it!

I’m just wondering who the other heroes will be. Silver Tower was written in a way that justified having heroes from darn near every faction in AoS working together. So you could very well see a Stormcast, a Khornate Barbarian, a Skaven, and an Orc all smashing their way through the dungeon... Blackstone Fortress is being framed as a Rogue Trader and Co. party, so that opens it up to most of the Imperium (and you know they’ll have to include a Space Marine) and some of the friendlier Xenos as mercenaries: Eldar, Kroot, Tau, maybe even an Ork... But I don’t see any way to include Necrons or Chaos. Certainly not Tyranids.

1 hour ago, Ish said:

I’m just wondering who the other heroes will be. Silver Tower was written in a way that justified having heroes from darn near every faction in AoS working together. So you could very well see a Stormcast, a Khornate Barbarian, a Skaven, and an Orc all smashing their way through the dungeon... Blackstone Fortress is being framed as a Rogue Trader and Co. party, so that opens it up to most of the Imperium (and you know they’ll have to include a Space Marine) and some of the friendlier Xenos as mercenaries: Eldar, Kroot, Tau, maybe even an Ork... But I don’t see any way to include Necrons or Chaos. Certainly not Tyranids.

I could see some of the higher-functioning Necrons that have more self-awareness and free will. Crypteks, Triarch Praetorians, maybe even DeathMarks. Chaos, I'm pretty sure are going to be purely as adversaries. Nids, I kind of doubt will make an appearance, altho a Stealer Cult Neophyte Hybrid might not be entirely out of the question.

4 hours ago, Ish said:

That sounds good to me. Haven’t been a huge fan of kill team, and necromunda never seemed to pick up round here.

Posted 30/10/2018

The Hunt for the Blackstone Fortress 2: The Explorers

BlackstonePreview-Oct29-Header2jcr.jpg

The time has nearly come for you to explore the Blackstone Fortress for yourself – so this week, we’re taking a look into the lore of the new Warhammer Quest game with a video series – check out Part 1 if you’ve not seen it already…

Many have come in search of the Blackstone Fortress – from brave servants of the Imperium to questing xenos and even stranger allies…

You’ll have all sorts of explorers to choose from in Blackstone Fortress – here’s a sneak peek at one of them:

BlackstonePreview-Oct30-Kroot1kce.jpg

For more news on Blackstone Fortress, stay tuned to the Warhammer 40,000 Facebook page.

18 hours ago, WestRider said:

I could see some of the higher-functioning Necrons that have more self-awareness and free will. Crypteks, Triarch Praetorians, maybe even DeathMarks. Chaos, I'm pretty sure are going to be purely as adversaries. Nids, I kind of doubt will make an appearance, altho a Stealer Cult Neophyte Hybrid might not be entirely out of the question.

Secret chaos could work. Like a loyalist with a talking tumor...Or a cursed sword. 

Cypher would be really nice to see in this. Could also push Crowe's fluff and have his sword finally take him. Both of those characters have daemonic swords they don't use.

7 hours ago, andozane said:

blackstone-fortress-screen-4.jpg

Who is the Robot?

And maybe a Ratling Sniper and Squat in the crew????????? 

I don't know about the other two, but the sniper reminds me more of some of the AdMech Models, specifically the dome-shaped helmets of the Sicarian Infiltrators. A sniper option would be a reasonable and pretty cool expansion of the Sicarian fluff, too.

The “sniper” is giving me a Drookan Fen Guard vibe, due to the rebreather and the big tank on top of his backpack.

The guy with the grappling hook has very “Ratling-esque” mutton chops...