Sisters CA 2018 Discussion

pretre

8 minutes ago, Ish said:

As long as we’re wish listing...

Repressors in the mainline codex with a Citadel Model and not off in Forge World land.

• Celestian Squads that have something to do (Sternguard special ammo?)

• Cannoness being allowed to use jump packs again.

• Bikers and/or Cavalry.

Jump packs?  Oh yes.  That would be great.  And special issue ammo is equally cool as an idea.  Essentially Veteran chics with tude.

17 hours ago, Lord Hanaur said:

Very few things would be more impactful in a new codex than:

Celestians with a purpose.

Penitent Engines you can afford to consider

A Canoness with a Vanguard move.

The return of Witch Hunting anti-Psyker ability (screw Sisters of Silence).

Strategems for maximizing the number of shots an Exorcist can make and adding the melta rul to the Exorcist.

Yep, yep, maybe, yep and an overhaul of the exorcist in general. I like these.

16 hours ago, Ish said:

As long as we’re wish listing...

Repressors in the mainline codex with a Citadel Model and not off in Forge World land.

• Celestian Squads that have something to do (Sternguard special ammo?)

• Cannoness being allowed to use jump packs again.

• Bikers and/or Cavalry.

Repressors is a maybe. They haven't folded a lot of FW in this edition. Yep. Not going to happen in the CA dex. Not going to happen in the CA dex.

22 hours ago, Dusldorf said:

I just remembered that seraphim will still be able to take inferno pistols from the index, so all is well

Although true, unless we get a new kit with that as an option, our time is limited.

16 hours ago, VonVilkee said:

I'd like more hq options! Instead of a cannoness with jump pack how about cannoness as is with a new seraphim gone hq, we need a few new but not new units to mesh with the current edition. 

Unless they give us a palatine (existing models), I doubt we'll see new HQs as no model equals no rules. Currently, they do sell Uriah, Veridyan and Celestine as named characters though, so I imagine we'll get all of those in the dex.

Oh, hey, Snickers..... >nomnomnom< ...better.

Palatines should be an easy add-on (considering how easily they were taken away...) to get a 2nd HQ choice.

I wish Celestians could take Eviscerators unit-wide.

Maybe one model of Imagifer grants Faith, while another gives a buff aura... re-rolls to wound or +1 to hit, etc.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Frowbakk said:

Oh, hey, Snickers..... >nomnomnom< ...better.

Palatines should be an easy add-on (considering how easily they were taken away...) to get a 2nd HQ choice.

I wish Celestians could take Eviscerators unit-wide.

Maybe one model of Imagifer grants Faith, while another gives a buff aura... re-rolls to wound or +1 to hit, etc.

Palatines: Yeah, but similar ones haven't been readded.

Celestians with Shield and Sword or Shield and Eviscerator would be amazing, but that's a next year thing and not a CA2018 thing.

Imagifers with different relics would be great and existing models.

Or it'll be a jump-through-hoops option still kinda maybe possibly allowed if you squint at it in a bad light...

Like 'Eavy Armored Ork Boyz. 'Ard Boyz, if you prefer.

Used to be a thing. Buy a unit of Black Orkz and slap a Pistol on the shield arm. Done.

Now?

IF you have a unit of Ork Infantry AND a Vehicle is destroyed within 6" of them THEN you pay 1CP to upgrade that one unit only with a +1 to save for the rest of the game BUT with a restriction that it can't Mob Up (even with other which have also gone through the same rigamarole to get the exact same state of being.)

Get ready for some contortionist gymnastics, rules wise, y'all.

8 hours ago, Frowbakk said:

Or it'll be a jump-through-hoops option still kinda maybe possibly allowed if you squint at it in a bad light...

Like 'Eavy Armored Ork Boyz. 'Ard Boyz, if you prefer.

Used to be a thing. Buy a unit of Black Orkz and slap a Pistol on the shield arm. Done.

Now?

IF you have a unit of Ork Infantry AND a Vehicle is destroyed within 6" of them THEN you pay 1CP to upgrade that one unit only with a +1 to save for the rest of the game BUT with a restriction that it can't Mob Up (even with other which have also gone through the same rigamarole to get the exact same state of being.)

Get ready for some contortionist gymnastics, rules wise, y'all.

Or you can use the 'Ard Boyz Stratagem on them at the start of the game. Seems a little simpler to me. I do still wish it got them to 4+ instead of just 5+, but it is a "from the start" option.

As a somewhat tangential note, I think the player community really needs to actively push back against this “not in the box, not in the book, not in the game” design philosophy that GW has been pushing these last couple years. We’re in a real danger of them going “full Warmachine“ and not having any customization at all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ish said:

As a somewhat tangential note, I think the player community really needs to actively push back against this “not in the box, not in the book, not in the game” design philosophy that GW has been pushing these last couple years. We’re in a real danger of them going “full Warmachine“ and not having any customization at all.

I think there's a big difference in approaches between PP and GW. We have options, but those options have models. PP doesn't have options.

Yes, but GW seems to be slowly and steadily moving away from options. Look at the newer hero models like the Primaris Captains, Primaris Librarian, Deathguard Blightbringer, and damn near every Hero for AoS: if the model comes with a weapon, that’s the only weapon he can take. You want to use a spare Thunderhammer to convert your Primaris Lieutenant? Too bad. You can’t. Move on.

Privateer Press doesn’t even (and never has) had an option for “Generic Cygnar Warcaster” that a player could tweak their equipment and spell-list for to get a hero that was uniquely theirs. You had to pick a specific pre-made character, like you were playing a video game.

1 hour ago, Ish said:

Yes, but GW seems to be slowly and steadily moving away from options. Look at the newer hero models like the Primaris Captains, Primaris Librarian, Deathguard Blightbringer, and damn near every Hero for AoS: if the model comes with a weapon, that’s the only weapon he can take. You want to use a spare Thunderhammer to convert your Primaris Lieutenant? Too bad. You can’t. Move on.

Privateer Press doesn’t even (and never has) had an option for “Generic Cygnar Warcaster” that a player could tweak their equipment and spell-list for to get a hero that was uniquely theirs. You had to pick a specific pre-made character, like you were playing a video game.

I understand the historical here. I just don't think that we're going to hit that point.