Sisters CA 2018 Discussion

pretre

• 2 weeks later...

The Adepta Sororitas are back – and better than ever

Of course, Codex: Adepta Sororitas is one of the most exciting things about Chapter Approved this year, and we’ve had a chance to get an even better look at the rules. We’ll be previewing these in depth soon, but in the meantime, here’s another awesome Stratagem to tide you over:

VigilusWeekender-Nov24-HolyTrinity21nnt.

It seems Combi-Flamers will be very common in units, especially the 4-Melta Dominions.

Since it's just RANGE that matters for this Stratagem, and not actually having to have the Holy Trinity hat-trick hitting AND wounding AND opponents failing saves, it has some greater utility.

Stick a Multi-Melta at the back of a blob squad and a Flamer at the front and Ye Olde Humble Bolter... ee is wounding Marines on 3+, and Knights on a 5+ at double-tap range.

If there's a Relic that is like a 7th Edition Torrent Flamer or a Special Character with that ability, or an 18" range Flamer Lance or some-such it'll be an auto-include.

Overall, even a +1 to Wound is OK, but the drawbacks of having to be in close range once again clash with the fragility of Sister to return fire. Not sure if it will be worth it. building an army around this Stratagem during list construction.

Silly Thought: Since it just says this works on an "Adepta Sororitas unit", that would include vehicles. If (and it's a BIIIIG if) a vehicle could upgrade a Storm Bolter to a Combi-Melta then the Immolator could make use of it with all the same range. Wounding Marines on 2+ and Knights on a 4+ at 12".

Holy Promethium, Batman!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frowbakk said:

It seems Combi-Flamers will be very common in units, especially the 4-Melta Dominions.

Since it's just RANGE that matters for this Stratagem, and not actually having to have the Holy Trinity hat-trick hitting AND wounding AND opponents failing saves, it has some greater utility.

Stick a Multi-Melta at the back of a blob squad and a Flamer at the front and Ye Olde Humble Bolter... ee is wounding Marines on 3+, and Knights on a 5+ at double-tap range.

If there's a Relic that is like a 7th Edition Torrent Flamer or a Special Character with that ability, or an 18" range Flamer Lance or some-such it'll be an auto-include.

Overall, even a +1 to Wound is OK, but the drawbacks of having to be in close range once again clash with the fragility of Sister to return fire. Not sure if it will be worth it. building an army around this Stratagem during list construction.

Silly Thought: Since it just says this works on an "Adepta Sororitas unit", that would include vehicles. If (and it's a BIIIIG if) a vehicle could upgrade a Storm Bolter to a Combi-Melta then the Immolator could make use of it with all the same range. Wounding Marines on 2+ and Knights on a 4+ at 12".

Holy Promethium, Batman!

agreed about vehicles, but i don't think there will be any way to get all three weapon types on one.

2 minutes ago, Ish said:

The Repressor (if GW continues to support the OOP model) has a Storm Bolter and a pintle-mounted Flamer... Put a squad of Meltagun Dominions in the rear and go proselytizing! 

won't work since the repressor's firing port rules make clear that the unit inside is the one firing. to activate holy trinity the vehicle would have to count as firing the meltas.

also just noticed that a vehicle will never be able to use the strat anyway since it says "one model...one *other* model...and one *other* model..."

Ah, nice catch... Still, for a mere 1 CP, this is going to be a very useful Stratagem. I mean, every Sister and her Sister is carrying a boltgun, you were probably already going to put some combination of meltagun/multimelta/flamer/heavy flamer/combi-whatever into the squad as well... So to take full advantage of this, all you need to do is mix the types to ensure that between the squad’s Heavy, Special, and Superior you’ve got one of each. 

I disagree with wanting to mix though. Your hard hitting squads don't really want to mix. I think the best way to take advantage on Doms is to take a Combi-Flamer and an extra body. You definitely don't want to take it on Seraphim.

BSS, on the other hand, I might start taking flamers on again.

I'm thinking it will become somewhat mandatory in coping with T8 should you want to be able to wound on 3s, rather than 4+. Main use, I'm thinking, is for melta squads. And rather than 4 melta, 3 melta+1 flamer and a sarge (Sister Superior) with bolt pistol. I'm thinking statistics are probably slightly better 3 meltas wounding on 3s rather than 4 meltas wounding on 4s, plus slight point reduction. If they allow dual pistols, could also go hand flamer+bolt pistol sarge, and then 4 meltas.

That is, if fielding pure sisters. Sisters with allies don't really need this one.

I’m thinking that dedicated squads, like four meltagun Dominions (tank hunters) or four heavy bolter Retributors (anti horde), will be better served sticking to their dedicated task.

But on general purpose squads, it’s a definite enticement to make sure to put one of each weapon type into the mix.

• Like 2