What's this teaser video about?

dalmer

Definitely looks like trailer for a video game of some sort. GW doesn't really use CGI for models sales (at least they haven't so far.)

If models, Tyrannic War Veterans would be a logical kit to remake for Ultramarines. Perhaps even Primaris Tyrannic War Veterans.

4 hours ago, Ish said:

GW doesn’t usually do promotion for licensed properties... 

...maybe a sequel to the CGI movie they put out a few years back?

Seems doubtful, if only because the CGI is really low quality for video. I'm thinking a cellphone-able video game.

Posted 24/11/2018

Breaking news from the Vigilus Open Day!

VigilusWeekender-Nov24-Header20rv.jpg

Warhammer 40,000 is about to kick into high gear. Over the past few months, the board has been set, with a comprehensively updated set of codexes, not to mention some incredible new models. Now, the next phase can begin, and it begins on Vigilus.

At the Vigilus Weekender, fans are getting their first glimpse at what the future holds. If you’re not with us at Warhammer World today, don’t worry! We’re rounding up all the major reveals right here. From the rebirth of Warhammer 40,000’s most iconic Space Marine to a new full-sized Battle Titan, it’s a big one, so we’ll jump right in…

VigilusWeekender-Nov24-Subheader2kt.jpg

Over the past year, one planet has taken centre stage in the Warhammer 40,000 narrative – Vigilus. Everything this year – Kill Team, Speed Freeks, Tooth and Claw – has been setting the stage for a climactic conflict upon this beleaguered world – and now, the War of Beasts has begun.

With the Imperium on the brink of breaking, one man has been sent to hold back the tide.

Marneus Calgar is the original and perhaps most iconic Space Marine character, having been with us in one form or another since the very first edition – so it’s only fitting that this venerable hero is the first to be reborn as a Primaris Space Marine. This incredible new model combines the modern aesthetic of the Primaris Marines with the classic elements of the venerable character.

VigilusWeekender-Nov24-Calgar10vrnthjwsc
VigilusWeekender-Nov24-Calgar11jbgtrjkc.

Rules for Marneus Calgar – and more – can found in Vigilus Defiant, a new campaign book that puts you at the heart of the latest epic conflict:

Vigilus Defiant takes everything you love about campaign books and uses it to bring to life the latest thrilling chapter in the unfolding saga of the Dark Imperium. Take the depth, texture and detail of the Horus Heresy campaign books, add themed armies and narrative battling inspired by classics like Codex: Armageddon, throw in an epic story that will change the face of the galaxy and you’ve got Vigilus Defiant.

Calgar won’t be retaking Vigilus without a fight. After Orks, Aeldari and the Genestealer Cults have all but shattered the defences of the planet, the herald of a new doom descends…

VigilusWeekender-Nov24-Haakan9hgbrmx.jpg

The Black Legion have come to Vigilus – led by the sinister herald known as Haarken Worldclaimer. This new champion of the Dark Gods has declared that the world of Vigilus will fall to the Warmaster, within 80 days…

VigilusWeekender-Nov24-VigilusDefiant40y

VigilusWeekender-Nov24-Subheader1yf.jpg

Running campaigns is one of the most rewarding ways to play Warhammer 40,000 – and it’s about to get easier. Map out your hive city – then conquer it!

This new campaign system is designed to make modular, map-based campaigns fun to play and simple to run, allowing you to build your very own urban battlemaps then fight for supremacy in interlinked battles with your friends. You won’t just be battling to defeat your opponents but also to capture strategic resources and manage your overall strategy.

VigilusWeekender-Nov24-UrbanConquestShot

Urban Conquest is perfect for gaming groups and clubs looking to add an extra dimension to their battles – keep an eye out for more news on what the set means for you in the new year.

• Thanks 1

So, uh, yeah. It's been mentioned in the fluff that it's possible to "upgrade" a "standard" Marine to a Primaris, and I guess we're starting to see that happening here. Looks like new Honour Guard, too.

The Chaos Lord...Look. I am as much of a fan of ridiculously over the top Models as the next person, but all those skulls on the Jump Pack have gotta go. Other than the ludicrous quantity of skulls, it's pretty awesome, tho.

I probably won't get around to actually playing a campaign with that system, but it looks like there's some sweet Terrain coming out along with it.

There is presently no plastic Jump Pack Lord model for CSM, so nice to see one. Agree with westy on the skulls. Disappointed, minorly, that it's black legion, rather than one of the legions presently without character models.

My Calgar model just got older...

2 hours ago, paxmiles said:

There is presently no plastic Jump Pack Lord model for CSM, so nice to see one. Agree with westy on the skulls. Disappointed, minorly, that it's black legion, rather than one of the legions presently without character models.

I don't believe there's any Black Legion iconography on there. If so, it's probably just on the shoulder pads, which are generally an easy swap. Pretty sure it's intended to be a generic JP Chaos Lord, and they're just using Haarken as the specific example here.

15 minutes ago, Ish said:

Black Legion have pretty much always been the Ultramarines of Chaos. They have a history, they have named personalities, they have their own iconography... But they’re also the <Insert Your Dudes Here> generic place-holders.

And on top of that, their main Legion symbol, the Eye of Horus, is used to some extent by all the Traitor Legions, in much the same way as the Aquila is by Imperials.

7 hours ago, Ish said:

Black Legion have pretty much always been the Ultramarines of Chaos. They have a history, they have named personalities, they have their own iconography... But they’re also the <Insert Your Dudes Here> generic place-holders.

I feel like the black legion is better to the other traitor legions than the Ultramarines are to the other loyalist chapters.

55 minutes ago, StygianArcanum said:

Well I guess I can officially wave goodbye to playing Normal Marines at next OFCC. No point in bulking out an army that's on it's way out the door. The hardest part will be repainting my Rhinos to match my Sisters of Battle when they come out.

Yeah, because no one ever plays with models (or armies) that aren't made anymore. 😉

1 minute ago, pretre said:

Yeah, because no one ever plays with models (or armies) that aren't made anymore. 😉

I wonder if regular marines will end up kinda like the sisters have been for like a decade... you get enough to get you by and every so often your list rocks due to an edition change without a rules update, but mostly you have yesterday's rules in today's world. 

I still think GW dropped the ball by not just making the new Primaris-scale models regular Marines. I think the fan base would have been a lot more accepting of them had they just been new models. Personally, I like them just fine, but the NERDRAGE!!! they engender in a certain percentage of the fans is epic. Had they just made Tactical Marines, Devastator Marines, and Assault Marines into the new taller models, but otherwise left the army's organization alone, I think they'd be better liked.