Imperial/Crimson Fist Primaris Kit

InfestedKerrigan

8 minutes ago, Ish said:

Does anyone know the contents of the Imperial Fists Christmas Box? Approximate point value?

(I had been promising myself that I’d use my holiday bonus for my Ironjawz... But I’ve really enjoyed painting my Primaris Imperial Fists for Kill Team...)

10 intercessors, 5 plas, 3 aggressors, 1 lt, 1 Redemptor 

5 minutes ago, StygianArcanum said:

Well the upgrade kit at least gives me hope that there may someday be a degree of customization available to Primaris models. The power fist, for example, doesn't have rules on Primaris at the moment, right?

Not yet, although there’s rumors of a new Space Marines codex in 2019... But, then again, there are always rumors of a new Space Marines codex.

Okay, just threw this together really fast using BattleScribe. It’s probably not a world-breaking tournament conqueror, but it seems like a solid enough force. Decent amount of CP, two or more units that can handle most roles (e.g., anti-armor, anti-horde, anti-air) so I’ve got some redundancies.  

Main strategic plan would be to form a solid wall of yellow, bolt rifles blazing, in a classic gun line. IF Chapter Trait means the enemy can’t hide in cover, two (three of Combat Squad’d) squads of Reivers running around their backfield will make hiding behind LOS-blocking buildings difficult... 

• Null Zone + Hellblasters + Captain + Lieutenant will slag just about anything.
• Generally, Aggressors are probably equally good with bolter gauntlets or flamers... But I think the IF trait makes bolters the better choice. You’re already ignoring cover, might as well get the extra range.
• Wish I could squeeze in a Primaris Ancient... 

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [66 PL, 1220pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Imperial Fists

+ HQ +

Primaris Captain w/Power Fist [6 PL, 106pts]: Architect of War, Plasma pistol, Power fist, The Armour Indomitus, Warlord

Primaris Librarian [7 PL, 101pts]: 6) Null Zone, Force sword

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 182pts]: 2x Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle, 9x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 182pts]: 2x Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle, 9x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 100pts]: 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant, Stalker Bolt Rifle

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad [12 PL, 185pts]: 4x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant, Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

+ Heavy Support +

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 182pts]: Heavy Plasma Incinerator
. 4x Hellblaster
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Plasma pistol

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 182pts]: Heavy Plasma Incinerator
. 4x Hellblaster
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Plasma pistol

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [40 PL, 780pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Imperial Fists

+ HQ +

Primaris Lieutenants [5 PL, 75pts]
. Primaris Lieutenant: Master-crafted stalker bolt rifle

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 202pts]: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Heavy flamer, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 203pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Heavy flamer, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod

Reiver Squad [5 PL, 100pts]: Bolt Carbine, Grav Chutes
. 4x Reiver
. Reiver Sergeant: Bolt Carbine, Combat knife

Reiver Squad [10 PL, 200pts]: Combat knife, Grapnel Launcher
. 9x Reiver
. Reiver Sergeant: Combat knife, Heavy Bolt Pistol

++ Total: [106 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with [url=https://battlescribe.net]BattleScribe[/url]

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 8:57 PM, WestRider said:

Boltstorm Aggressors are generally better. Flamestorm Aggressors are awesome if they can get in range, but being slow, very short-ranged, and only having one, expensive, Transport option doesn't make for a good combo. Imperial Fists make the Boltstorm even better, so they're almost certainly the way you want to go here.

Flame ones are super nice with salamander stragem with +1 to wound of meltas and flamers

49 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Flame ones are super nice with salamander stragem with +1 to wound of meltas and flamers

Even without the Salamanders bonus, the flamer ones are awesome when they actually get to shoot. I've lucked into a couple of those super-close Deployment styles with the Open War cards when using them, and getting to Deploy them right on the front line, they absolutely wrecked stuff. The problem is that they're slow, not particularly durable, and extremely short-ranged, so it takes a lot of work and luck for them to actually survive long enough to fire in most situations.

It's really weird that Aggressors don't have a teleportation deep strike option, a la Terminators. I read someone, somewhere, speculating that perhaps the Aggressors (slowish, tanky infantry)  and the Inceptors (speedy, bouncy jumptroops) were perhaps originally designed with the other squads' weapons but these were swapped at some point during development.  This makes a lot more sense to me than more "fan theories," honestly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ish said:

It's really weird that Aggressors don't have a teleportation deep strike option, a la Terminators. I read someone, somewhere, speculating that perhaps the Aggressors (slowish, tanky infantry)  and the Inceptors (speedy, bouncy jumptroops) were perhaps originally designed with the other squads' weapons but these were swapped at some point during development.  This makes a lot more sense to me than more "fan theories," honestly.

Even when they do have an option like that (DeathWatch, Raven Guard before the last Big FAQ), that still drops them at 9" away with 8" range weapons. So they still have to sit there and get shot for a Turn that they can't really afford before they get to open up. It's a really strong option for the Boltstorm ones, tho.

1 hour ago, WestRider said:

Even when they do have an option like that (DeathWatch, Raven Guard before the last Big FAQ), that still drops them at 9" away with 8" range weapons. So they still have to sit there and get shot for a Turn that they can't really afford before they get to open up. It's a really strong option for the Boltstorm ones, tho.

Though in both cases, if they were in range, they'd not be able to double tap because deep striking counts as moving. 

33 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Though in both cases, if they were in range, they'd not be able to double tap because deep striking counts as moving. 

Yeah, actually getting to use their double tap ability is pretty rare. But the Boltstorm version will at least get to fire once. The Flamestorm guys will probably never get to pull the trigger at all.

Hence why I’m inclined to believe that the Aggressors were meant to have Assault Bolters and Plasma Exterminators, but the Inceptors were supposed to have the Boltstorms and Flamestorms...

I mean, a perpetual failing people keeping mentioning of the Inceptors is that their an “Assault” unit that doesn’t have any kind of mêlée weapon... a pair of powerfists and flamers would fit that role very well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ish said:

Just noticed a major problem with the power fists included on the Imperial Fists upgrade sprue in the new Primaris Battleforce... 

8DD01769-004E-480A-9CF9-8E7E06DE8B66.jpeg

The Left handed power fist with a right handed fist logo?