CA leaks

Dusldorf

10 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

It's the Hateful 8 commanders of farsights enclave.

The rules are in CA18. 1000+ point LoW choice. 

Gotcha. I wonder if they are any good...hmm.

On that note, TAU have really weird LoW point costs. Goes from a relatively cheap LoW at about 350pts, then to almost 2k for that FW TAU super heavy. Tau really needs a 600-ish pt lord of war option, just so the knights have more equal opponent to beat on.... 

29 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

I meant "really, you don't recall the 8?" As they've been around a few editions, now.

I played TAU last in 4th. I remember they had that cool "landing gear" upgrade for their skimmers which allowed them to remain stationary in the movement phase (Skimmers used to drift).

On 12/7/2018 at 10:55 AM, Ish said:

Blood of Kittens is reporting that one of the universal rule changes in Chapter Approved is “-1 to hit “Chapter Tactics” type rules across all codexes is now +1 cover.”

And I’ve got 2,000 Points of Imperial Fists and their “enemy units do not receive cover benefits to their saves” chapter trait on pre-order. I am fully capable of the laughter.

e98v74s6j4vy.jpg

Just saw this over on the competitive 40k page. Apparently it was a suggested rule brought up by a prominent player that got taken out of context and made into a for sure thing. So yea, fake news apparently.

1 hour ago, Ish said:

I’m sitting here staring at a lot of unbuilt Intercessors... and a bunch of Imperial Fists’ Power Fists. I can’t decide if I want to use them on the Intercessor Sergeants or not.

Leave the sergeants unbuilt and finish what you can decide on. 

4 hours ago, Romans832 said:

Thanks Pete!
Too bad Cavalier doesn't live on here.

Would love to pick his & @AbusePuppy's brains on Eldar

Pick away, my dude.

I think Cavalier is broadly correct in his assessments of things, although I don't agree with all his ideas. Wave Serpents lose out slightly (but are still a good tank), Shining Spears are still very good; I think you'll keep seeing essentially the same Ynnari build as previously, just with ~60 fewer points to play with. Scorpions + Karandaras is on the borderline of being useful if Orks get popular enough, as they can absolutely mulch a unit in the right circumstances, but I don't think they generally are going to be a big deal. Wraithlord I rate a little higher than he does, especially with the Flamers dropping in price as well, but honestly it probably still isn't enough- the Talos is still a better unit. Wraithknight I think he overestimates- it's still just a middling version of an Imperial Knight, no matter how you kit it. (Suncannon + Starcannons averages 10 S6 shots, which is two fewer than the Avenger Cannon gets and also has no flamer/stubber as backup and also also doesn't get a melee weapon.)

The Warp Hunter is the big takeaway from things- it may be possible that we'll start seeing a true mechanized build for Eldar. Four Serpents, two Warp Hunters, three Venoms, three Ravagers, and then various support units seems like a pretty solid starting place to fit into 2K.

• Thanks 1

Well, I definitely know I wanted to use one of the power fists on my Captain. Probably not the most efficient load-out for a guy who will spend most of his life standing behind the gun line and handing out rerolls... But, c’mon, they’re the Imperial Fists.

“This pain train has no breaks... Choo-choo!”

939876B1-6D13-4E59-ADE2-A8614C7DF672.jpeg

• Like 3