Western Winter Bowl - Lake Stevens, WA 12/29/2018

Weav

Who's going to Western Winter Bowl in Lake Stevens, WA 12/29/2018? I have @savion47 and @Burk in my car. We could handle another if someone was interested. I believe I will be going back to Dark Elves, or playing Elf Union.

https://www.facebook.com/events/477870426032144/

Winter Bowl single day tournament for Blood Bowl hosted at MOB Games
NAF sanctioned
The store will be open at 11:00 AM and the first round will commence at 11:30 AM. 
Rounds will be two hours in length with a fifteen minute break between rounds. There will be a 45 minute break after the second round. For a total of three rounds. 

• 1.2 million gold to purchase the team and skills.
• No skill may be purchased more than twice. No more than two advancements per player.
• No stat increases unless that player has the trait Stunty. No more than one stat increase per player.
• Permitted teams are NAF sanctioned teams.
• Free Special Play cards will not be in use.
• Famous Referee’s and Stadium Rules in Death Zone Two will not be in use.
• Teams may also include bribes as part of the roster as per the standard inducement cost
The only inducements available for purchase are star players (limit two; Brikfarth & Grotty and the Hightower twins count as one star player spot for this purpose; Grak & Crumbleberry, Black Gobbo, White Dwarf, and Josef Bugman are not allowed for purchase), Bloodwessier Babes, Master Chef (Only for Halflings), and Bribes.
• Bring a pitch to play on.
• A team may include an Apothecary.
• Weather rules using GWS Winter Pitch table. 
• Standard Blood Bowl skills available for team building. Including the optional skill of Piling On.
• Friendly but competitive format. No Illegal Procedure. 
• Players on your team with skills will need to be marked in some way – at the least by numbering your players, but skill rings are also very common or colored rubber bands. Teams are expected to be painted to a basic standard at least.
• Casualties do not carry forward from match to match. 
• $20 entry fee comes with two custom d6 dice. 
• There will be 48 seats available between 12 tables with two matches per table.
• First round matches will be ensured to be against coaches that did not travel together.
• The top two Stunty teams will be matched up in round three, and the winner will be the Stunty Cup champion, regardless of tournament points. 
• Rules will be based on Blood Bowl 2016 and will be done in accordance with clarifications by the NAF per the following link:
https://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/NAF-Rules-Update-v1-3.pdf
• The NAF optional Wizard inducement will not be in use at this event. 

Stunly Cup:
Stunty teams will play for their own cup while still participating in the main tournament
Stunty teams include Goblins, Halflings, Lizardman (only when team build is all Skinks or plus a Kroxigor), Ogres and Underworld teams (without Skaven players).
Star players can be added to a stunty team without disqualifying them from the Stunty Cup.

Preregistration:
Coaches are not required to submit rosters ahead of time. Though they are encouraged to do so to make the morning of the event go more smoothly. Rostered can be submitted to me via email to relictor@gmail.com

Reservation of seating can be done by either paying the fee to me in person if you’re local or via PayPal to the listed email address above. 

Tournament Scoring:
• Win is three points
• Loss is zero points
• Tie is one point

Tie-breakers: The first tie-breaker will be head to head record; second would be score differential (scored for vs scored against); third is casualties (for vs against); final is sportsmanship.

Prizes:
o King in the North (champion)
o Players Choice
o Best Sportsmanship
o Raffled Prize

Recognitions:
o Most Brutal (with most KO and Casualty points)
o Best Offense
o Best Defense (fewest scores against the team)
o Stunly Cup

Prize support is dependent on attendance. Entrance fees go into the cost of set up and prizes. No coach may claim more than one prize.

Entrance fee is $20 with a $5 discount to anyone with NAF membership. 

3 minutes ago, Bosco said:

Got space in the car? If so I'm likely in.

Assuming that's the case, paying for skills as though player value from team funds or did u fail to see a skills pack description there somewhere?

I have one spot. I'd love for you to take it, but I need a firm commitment before issued. First come first served...DO IT!

Skills are purchased, no skill packs.

34 minutes ago, Bosco said:

I'm in.

I'm bringing dwarves.

Can I buy doubles skills? The deathroller does so much better with block...

Awesome, you're lucky umber four. My car's full. 

The way I read the rules, you may buy doubles. 

"• 1.2 million gold to purchase the team and skills.
• No skill may be purchased more than twice. No more than two advancements per player.
• No stat increases unless that player has the trait Stunty. No more than one stat increase per player."

21 hours ago, Weav said:

Here is my proposed Elven Union for Western Winter Bowl. I'm not certain I'm playing Elven Union, might go back to Dark Elf...whaddaya' think?

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 9.28.37 PM.png

Dunno if I like fend on the blitzer unless he's a ball carrier and blodger and think you'll want kick somewhere.  I find kick to be stupid-useful for elf-shenanigans, especially against slower teams where you can kick deep into a corner, blast a hole on that side near the line and stream a couple catchers and a blitzer through to wall off the rest of the team from supporting. Double-points if you do it during a blitz kickoff result.

Maybe steal dodge from one catcher to become kick on a lineman, turn fend into dodge on the blitzer for a blodge-stepper?

Also, your TV is 1210k, might need to drop the fan factor.

All that said, 

• Like 1

My roster 

No. Players Name Position MA ST AG AV Skills INJ COMP TD INT CAS MVP SPP COST
1 Morcar Khan Blocker 4 3 2 9 Thick Skull,  Block,  Tackle, MIGHTY BLOW, CLAW             0 120,000 gp
2 Zhorag Khan Blocker 4 3 2 9 Thick Skull,  Block,  Tackle, MIGHTY BLOW, CLAW             0 120,000 gp
3 Dunium DathDeeler Blocker 4 3 2 9 Thick Skull,  Block,  Tackle, GUARD             0 90,000 gp
4 Grimdur Aardnose Blocker 4 3 2 9 Thick Skull,  Block,  Tackle, GUARD             0 90,000 gp
5 Kaaos Phlamenbeerd Blocker 4 3 2 9 Thick Skull,  Block,  Tackle, LEADER             0 70,000 gp
6 Kaaos Phlamenbeerd Blocker 4 3 2 9 Thick Skull,  Block,  Tackle             0 100,000 gp
7 Johaan Maaden Bull Centaur 6 4 2 9 Sprint, Sure Feet, Thick Skull, BREAK TACKLE, BLOCK             0 170,000 gp
8 Furgul Thaundrphoot Bull Centaur 6 4 2 9 Sprint, Sure Feet, Thick Skull, BLOCK, DODGE             0 180,000 gp

11 Gorduz Baakstabba Hobgoblin 6 3 3 7               0 40,000 gp
14 Vile Slitbone Hobgoblin 6 3 3 7               0 40,000 gp
15 Baron Brightgore Hobgoblin 6 3 3 7               0 40,000 gp

Goal +/- TEAM :     Zhenn-Essee Zitans     2 @ 70,000 gp   = 140,000 gp
    0 RACE :     Chaos Dwarfs Fan Factor 0 @ 10,000 gp = 0 gp
  • Like 1