Let’s dish! An Ordo cooking thread

Weav

By the way, I should add that once you have this down and can cook steaks that you like just as simple steaks, you can do all sorts of things to compliment it.

Some options:

Make french onion soup (let me know if I need to post a recipe for that) and pour it over the steak, cover with cheese and toss it under the broiler for a moment.

Chop some fresh basil, mix it with parmesian and top the steak as you put it in the oven.

After you have finished the steak, remove them from the pan, and toss in a full thumb of minced ginger and a couple of cloves of minced garlic and stir until they are browned.  Then grab 1/2-1C of red wine, deglaze the pan and add a teriyaki glaze (you can grab this in the Asian section at most markets), and reduce until you have desired consistency.  Then add the steaks back (basically as soon as they have rested).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Weav said:

Oddly, I can’t think of a Warpspace thread about cooking...ever?!?!? I’m sure many of us appreciate the culinary arts, after all, gamers tend to err on the plump side 😁

So, what’s cookin’? Any advancements, recipes, techniques y’all wanna share with the group?

You started this mess, you should post up first 🙂

Cowboy Biscuits:

Works great with a cast iron skillet but any frying pan with decently tall sides will work.

1. Cook a package of bacon. Remove from pan.

2. Leave grease in pan and reduce heat to low/med low.

3. Cut Pillsbury Grands biscuits into thirds and insert into bacon grease. Make sure to leave some room between them.

4. Keep an eye on the biscuits as they will rise. Flip when bottom is golden brown.

5. Remove biscuits when brown on both sides and set on paper towel to cool.

No need to turn on the oven and you still get delicious golden biscuits to eat with your bacon!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, andozane said:

You started this mess, you should post up first 🙂

I’m not a fan of posting my own stuff first. However, I did just make real Texas chili base. This is old school, off the trail stuff. Nothing but red chilies, dried and reconstituted, garlic, onion, cumin and some roasted veg I had left over, all blended together. I have some chicken in the slow cooker now, with the Texas chili base smothered all over them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1