Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Weav

2019 Winter Warzone - 40K Escalation League at WOW Information Thread

Recommended Posts

Hello, Generals...facts are, this planet is going to hell and we're the solution. It's cold, soldiers are dying, and did you hear? Them damn bugs just landed in the south. Add to that those damn robots with their gauss weapons searing our men to death...things are tough. But who's tougher than us? NO ONE.

2019 Winter Warzone is the second installment of the Ordo Fanaticus war zone escalation league at Western Oregon Wargamers/Ordo Clubhouse. This January, Generals from around the galaxy will battle in fierce escalating engagements to crown a victor. There can only be one General to win the war, but in order to do so, many must lose.

This thread will serve as the primary information post for the weekly mission, escalating point values, and victory conditions. @Weav is your league administrator, and @Dark Trainer will create the rules, decide scenarios, and be the primary rules judge when necessary. Check back soon to see the point values for week one, to learn how we will crown our victor, and to see what scenarios will be played each week. 

Wanna' participate? Week one is January 8th, 2019. Want to take full advantage of the league? Become an Ordo Fanaticus champion! Learn more here.

2019WinterWarzone.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hay all I'm new to this, so sorry if these are silly questions. 

So how will this work? Will games be on a set day (hopefully not the Tuesday that's listed as start day, I work late-ish Mon-Thurs, but weekeends are pretty open)? How frequent will games be?

Will this be geared towards new(ish) players?

Do we need to sign up or anything like that?

Thanks in advance for the info!

-----tim g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure @Dark Trainer or @Weav will post a “proper” list of league rules, guidelines, provisos, and whatnots.

But the general plan was to use the Matched Play rules, start at 750 Points and grow to 1,500 Points at the end.

The goal was to newer players involved and/or people who’d been out of the hobby for a while (like me) a way to get back in. We’ll be competing against one another, but we won’t be cut-throat competitive.

Standing “league night” would be Tuesday, but you would be able to play whenever you could arrange things with an opponent.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@apathy ales, glad to see you're interested. Ish is correct, we will have more rules posted very shortly. In the mean time, while we LOVE games to be played Sundays or Tuesdays at WOW, those are not required days. You schedule your own games with the Generals playing in the league...any time, any place, any day. @Dark Trainer (Matt) is handling the league particulars, while I am promoting, and record keeping. Matt will come into this thread shortly and list the rules as they are now. Please, invite your friends!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ish said:

I’m sure @Dark Trainer or @Weav will post a “proper” list of league rules, guidelines, provisos, and whatnots.

But the general plan was to use the Matched Play rules, start at 750 Points and grow to 1,500 Points at the end.

The goal was to newer players involved and/or people who’d been out of the hobby for a while (like me) a way to get back in. We’ll be competing against one another, but we won’t be cut-throat competitive.

Standing “league night” would be Tuesday, but you would be able to play whenever you could arrange things with an opponent.

 

Pretty much, don't take the WAAC lists straight out, and if you plan to bring a knights, for the love of everything holy, please tell your opponent I while in the 750 list... Please? Otherwise it will just be a one sided slaughter and that's no fun as a single Castellon wipes your opponents entire army... 

 

Since I am learning orks (won't get my first game in till this weekend!) I am trying not to take the cruelty lists (hence no week 1 and 2 Battlewagons or other shenanigans) but I will be testing the codex out fully for this so expect to see interesting things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, apathy ales said:

Hay all I'm new to this, so sorry if these are silly questions. 

So how will this work? Will games be on a set day (hopefully not the Tuesday that's listed as start day, I work late-ish Mon-Thurs, but weekeends are pretty open)? How frequent will games be?

Will this be geared towards new(ish) players?

Do we need to sign up or anything like that?

Thanks in advance for the info!

-----tim g

I can answer for the last one of these winter leagues. Games were each week, but not on a required day. Tuesday, as it was also game night at the clubhouse, was the day with the most players, but arranging to meet another day was also allowed. New players are always encouraged. Yes, there was a sign up (online). Last time, they also required posting your week's list at the start of the week. 

I believe the last one was run by Happycamper, which I was in. This one is a different person (Dark Trainer), so expect differences. Though Dark Trainer is also a nice person and capable organizer. It should be fun and friendly for new and veteran players. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that Christmas passed, I plan to post something up tsoon now that I have some time. We'll be allowing matches off site, but promote games played at game nights (Tuesday game night is the main night, Sunday works too). We'll be starting at 750 points following normal detachment rules and providing weekly missions. There will be bonuses for painting a squad vs just one mini, and such. It's all about having some good fun games while getting and army together or just some plain old experimentation with lists.

League is planning to start Jan 8th, and run through end of Feb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dark Trainer said:

Now that Christmas passed, I plan to post something up soon now that I have some time. We'll be allowing matches off site, but promote games played at game nights (Tuesday game night is the main night, Sunday works too). We'll be starting at 750 points following normal detachment rules and providing weekly missions. There will be bonuses for painting a squad vs just one mini, and such. It's all about having some good fun games while getting and army together or just some plain old experimentation with lists.

League is planning to start Jan 8th, and run through end of Feb.

Btw, i've had a LOT of people showing interest in actually escalating an army. So i'm considering a 500 point start for 1 week, then escalate 750, 1k. Working on the rules post now...should post today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Dark Trainer said:

Btw, i've had a LOT of people showing interest in actually escalating an army. So i'm considering a 500 point start for 1 week, then escalate 750, 1k. Working on the rules post now...should post today.

How could you do this to me!!! I have been working on 750 lists for a week now! I even have a thread!!! 

 

I feel cheated... But it's fine... I will just take some Nob bikers, a Deffkilla Wartrike and hope to not get krumped T1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

 How could you do this to me!!! I have been working on 750 lists for a week now! I even have a thread!!! 

 

I feel cheated... But it's fine... I will just take some Nob bikers, a Deffkilla Wartrike and hope to not get krumped T1

Instead of doing 750, 750, we're going to do 500, then 750, then 1k. We'll be at 1k by week 3 just like previously planned. So you'll be ready either way :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As we approach the kick off of the 2019 Winter Warzone, please familiarize yourself with the benefits of being an Ordo Fanaticus Champion.

Not only will it dramatically reduce your league play costs, it goes to help Ordo pay for rent, pay for web hosting and help pay for the awesome annual OFCC. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Weav said:

As we approach the kick off of the 2019 Winter Warzone, please familiarize yourself with the benefits of being an Ordo Fanaticus Champion.

Not only will it dramatically reduce your league play costs, it goes to help Ordo pay for rent, pay for web hosting and help pay for the awesome annual OFCC.

 

I just renewed, thanks for the reminder! I love that it grants discounts to events, like the March tournament, OFCC, and more. Warlord alone pays for itself. Let alone Emperor if you come often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Dark Trainer said:

I just renewed, thanks for the reminder! I love that it grants discounts to events, like the March tournament, OFCC, and more. Warlord alone pays for itself. Let alone Emperor if you come often.

*cough cough* advert 

I am grabbing an Emperor. Can afford it and it seems like the most economical way. Just the escalation league alone pays for this for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a reminder, the league will end with a one day, three game Warhammer 40,000 ITC tournament at WOW on 3/9/2019. Details will be posted soon. Players who played in the league and completed certain requirements will receive priority entry and will not play an entry fee.

2019WinterWarzoneTournament.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Weav said:

As a reminder, the league will end with a one day, three game Warhammer 40,000 ITC tournament at WOW on 3/9/2019. Details will be posted soon. Players who played in the league and completed certain requirements will receive priority entry and will not play an entry fee.

2019WinterWarzoneTournament.png

Any players who are registered as a warlord or emperor, and player 4+ games at the league, message me directly for a free coupon code to register for the tournament on March 9th if you are planning to attend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×