2019 Winter Warzone 40K Escalation League Rules

Dark Trainer

22 hours ago, Tamwulf said:

Will we be using the new Beta Rule for Bolters during the League? 

Beta makes it sound like GW hasn't fleshed it out. My thoughts are about official rules. If it's official for matched play, i'd say go for it. Else, confer with your opponent first? I won't prevent it if both players are ok with it too. Honestly, sounds fluffy and fun to me. Sacrificing movement to shoot extra is not game breaking.

57 minutes ago, Dark Trainer said:

Beta makes it sound like GW hasn't fleshed it out. My thoughts are about official rules. If it's official for matched play, i'd say go for it. Else, confer with your opponent first? I won't prevent it if both players are ok with it too. Honestly, sounds fluffy and fun to me. Sacrificing movement to shoot extra is not game breaking.

Most faq rules are Beta rules in the first place. They want information and opinions and I would love to be apart of that. 

If the opponent agrees can we use them for that game? As an Ork player I don't mind them. It's just more of a challenge and dem beekee's need all da help dey Kan get

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Most faq rules are Beta rules in the first place. They want information and opinions and I would love to be apart of that. 

If the opponent agrees can we use them for that game? As an Ork player I don't mind them. It's just more of a challenge and dem beekee's need all da help dey Kan get

Yes, i'm fine with it. I just don't want to force anyone who doesn't like it to play against it. I think asking first is the right way to handle it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I'm considering ending the league at 1500 points rather than 1750. Then also running the tournament at 1500 since it sounds like there's a learning curve for some of the ITC format. By making it 1500 points, i figure some of the complexity is removed and the time to play a game is improved.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this one. For the league, I would not care if people played 1500 or 1750. My main focus is to improve the March 9th tournament experience. Do you think 1500 for a tournament is too little?

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Dark Trainer said:

So I'm considering ending the league at 1500 points rather than 1750. Then also running the tournament at 1500 since it sounds like there's a learning curve for some of the ITC format. By making it 1500 points, i figure some of the complexity is removed and the time to play a game is improved.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this one. For the league, I would not care if people played 1500 or 1750. My main focus is to improve the March 9th tournament experience. Do you think 1500 for a tournament is too little?

Thoughts?

I personally think we should add ITC elements to games so it's an easier way in. The missions are whatever you want but the base scoring is important to learn

• Thanks 1

The tournament is on a Saturday! Oh no. I totally assumed it would be on a Sunday and I can't make it now. Good grief, I was looking forward to meeting the Tuesday crowd...

Well, my unput (which now only kinda matters) is that points don't matter one way or the other, but I like the idea of maybe adding some ITC aspects/elements along the way to get more comfortable. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

I personally think we should add ITC elements to games so it's an easier way in. The missions are whatever you want but the base scoring is important to learn

I planned to, but I didn't want the league to be all ITC. Also, since I'm actively running 2 leagues (one for a local game store too), it's harder for me to change the mission format earlier. I planned to bring in ITC towards the last 2 missions, maybe last 3. Doing that is probably the best I can do (shy of providing ITC rules page too). 

That said, sounds like 1500 would be easier all around. I'll plan for 1500 now. Thanks!

47 minutes ago, Dark Trainer said:

I planned to, but I didn't want the league to be all ITC. Also, since I'm actively running 2 leagues (one for a local game store too), it's harder for me to change the mission format earlier. I planned to bring in ITC towards the last 2 missions, maybe last 3. Doing that is probably the best I can do (shy of providing ITC rules page too). 

That said, sounds like 1500 would be easier all around. I'll plan for 1500 now. Thanks!

If that is the case, are we looking at next week and beyond for ITC additions? 

22 minutes ago, Dark Trainer said:

After this week, we have 4 more weeks. So it would be Feb 12th at the earliest. The 19th & 26th were the original weeks I planned for ITC missions.

4 more? Ahhh you are just keeping 1500 for a 3rd week? 

Each week will be an increased point value.

• Week 1 (Jan 8th): 500
  • Week 2 (Jan 15th): 750
  • Week 3 (Jan 22nd): 1000
  • Week 4 (Jan 29th): 1000
  • Week 5 (Feb 5th): 1250
  • Week 6 (Feb 12th): 1500
  • Week 7 (Feb 19th): 1500
  • Week 8 (Feb 26th): 1750