SpaceORK's Orks... n' other armies.

SPaceORK

17 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

Expensive but possible. Hmmmm big shoota could do it. Prefer stormboyz because they can hide

You were talking about charging it while it hovers, was suggesting stormboyz/deffkoptas because they have FLY, so wouldn't need to wait for it to hover in order to charge it. 

Honestly don't think flyers present a major threat to orks now that orks have that dakka rule (unless the ork player is pure melee). 

49 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

You were talking about charging it while it hovers, was suggesting stormboyz/deffkoptas because they have FLY, so wouldn't need to wait for it to hover in order to charge it. 

Honestly don't think flyers present a major threat to orks now that orks have that dakka rule (unless the ork player is pure melee). 

They are a big threat because they can block charges

6 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

Heck yea! Third gallant. I do like the dual swords for a conversion. It's not that green in reality though...

I feel that one of the Chainswords should be Labeled "Gauntlet" or something like that, just for clarity. Maybe name both weapons and give one a reference to it being a fist/gauntlet in the name. Like "Hand of the Titan"

1 hour ago, paxmiles said:

I feel that one of the Chainswords should be Labeled "Gauntlet" or something like that, just for clarity. Maybe name both weapons and give one a reference to it being a fist/gauntlet in the name. Like "Hand of the Titan"

Well I did paint them two different colors so if it comes up Green Sword is "Smash" and Purple is "Sweep". But since weapons cant be removed and my list says three Gallants I dont think there should much confusion.

That and my handwriting is terrible. So I cant imagine my hand-paint-writing is going to be any better.

Also I'm pretty sure I've never actually used the gantlet. Leg kicks 75% of the time and chainsword the other times.

4 minutes ago, SPaceORK said:

Well I did paint them two different colors so if it comes up Green Sword is "Smash" and Purple is "Sweep". But since weapons cant be removed and my list says three Gallants I dont think there should much confusion.

That and my handwriting is terrible. So I cant imagine my hand-paint-writing is going to be any better.

Also I'm pretty sure I've never actually used the gantlet. Leg kicks 75% of the time and chainsword the other times.

Aren't you using an Airbrush? Stencils seem like the easy route anyway, and I'd imagine stencils for basic letters are pretty easy to acquire.

19 minutes ago, Ish said:

Yes, but you don’t want “basic” letters. You want fancy gothic minuscule font for that proper grimdark feel... 

Maybe a little bit harder to find, but it can't be that hard to acquire them. @Lyraeus Is that the sort of thing you could make with your 3d printer?

22 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Maybe a little bit harder to find, but it can't be that hard to acquire them. @Lyraeus Is that the sort of thing you could make with your 3d printer?

Probably easier to use waterslide transfer paper and a trusty inkjet printer. Then you can just grab one of the seventeen gajillion  free fonts on the Internet, play around with the pica size, kerning, and typeface in WordPerfect until you’re happy with it and print.

Or I can just leave it be? I mean I cannot fathom a time someone would get confused as to the loadout. 

"What are you playing today?"

"Three Gallants"

"That one has two chainswords"

"Yea I know. It's a conversion. It looks cool. Would you like to look at a rulebook to refresh yourself on the Gallant rules?"

In a tournament,  I just say it's a Gallant and I'm 95% they know the rules.

In casual, I just say it's a Gallant and I can show them the rules.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ish said:

Probably easier to use waterslide transfer paper and a trusty inkjet printer. Then you can just grab one of the seventeen gajillion  free fonts on the Internet, play around with the pica size, kerning, and typeface in WordPerfect until you’re happy with it and print.

Tried them. Didnt work out to well. Probably user error though.

But I do see the potential of them for sure!

Micro Set is applied to the surface that you'll be putting the transfer on, prior to applying it. I don't pretend to understand all the chemistry behind it, but it sort of moistens the area, breaks up residual oils (like from your fingertips), and has some kind of chemical reaction with the Micro Sol that makes the bond even better. Micro Sol will let you do curved surfaces, Micro Sol and Set will let you do jagged ones. It's amazing.

1 hour ago, Ish said:

Micro Set is applied to the surface that you'll be putting the transfer on, prior to applying it. I don't pretend to understand all the chemistry behind it, but it sort of moistens the area, breaks up residual oils (like from your fingertips), and has some kind of chemical reaction with the Micro Sol that makes the bond even better. Micro Sol will let you do curved surfaces, Micro Sol and Set will let you do jagged ones. It's amazing.

Huh... pretty neat.

Usually I 'Ardcoat the area, use water to move the decal where I want it, Micro Sol, let it dry, 'Ardcoat again and the matte seal. It makes the decal lines disappear. 

2 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

Or I can just leave it be? I mean I cannot fathom a time someone would get confused as to the loadout. 

"What are you playing today?"

"Three Gallants"

"That one has two chainswords"

"Yea I know. It's a conversion. It looks cool. Would you like to look at a rulebook to refresh yourself on the Gallant rules?"

In a tournament,  I just say it's a Gallant and I'm 95% they know the rules.

In casual, I just say it's a Gallant and I can show them the rules.

Ultimately, it's your toy, so do whatever.

Technically, it isn't WYSIWYG, so very technically you could be denied in an event that adheres to a WYSIWYG requirement. The distinction between this an a normal conversion is that you are using a weapon that this model can take and with it's own rules to represent a different weapon that this model has taken. This despite the fact that you cannot actually take duplicates of that weapon, still distinguishes this from a normal conversion.

That said, I agree, 95% of the time, you should have no issues at events. Maybe even 99%. And, yes, it doesn't matter for casual play. I would have no problems with this at all.

Longterm, there is the potential that GW produces an actual kit with 2x chainswords and your "conversion" is kinda forced to become that, which may or may not be an actual problem.

24 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Ultimately, it's your toy, so do whatever.

Technically, it isn't WYSIWYG, so very technically you could be denied in an event that adheres to a WYSIWYG requirement. The distinction between this an a normal conversion is that you are using a weapon that this model can take and with it's own rules to represent a different weapon that this model has taken. This despite the fact that you cannot actually take duplicates of that weapon, still distinguishes this from a normal conversion.

That said, I agree, 95% of the time, you should have no issues at events. Maybe even 99%. And, yes, it doesn't matter for casual play. I would have no problems with this at all.

Longterm, there is the potential that GW produces an actual kit with 2x chainswords and your "conversion" is kinda forced to become that, which may or may not be an actual problem.

You worry far to much about things that most likely will never happen. 

• Like 3