Kings of War Campaign!

Nick!

Hello all,

I will be using this thread to chronicle the Kings of war campaign I will be running starting later this month.  I have created a map of the "Mouth of Leith" area of the Mantica map (below).

The Players are:

Red- Charlie with Ogres

Orange: Greg with Elves

Green: Adam with Orcs

White: Myself with Empire of Dust

Black: Gil with Twilight Kin

Blue: Andrew with Twilight Kin

I have also copied the campaign rules for those who want to see how I put this together.

I will be updating this top as armies fight for dominance!

Campaign start(rev).jpg

KoW Campaign outline v1.pdf

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

KIN

First game of the campaign starts with my Kin raiding the shores of the Elfs.  Following the 5-way Vanguard game that saw to me winning and receiving a +1 to hit item. The piratical raiders came in force with a core force of buccaneers:

Regiment Crossbows

Regiment Buccaneers. +1 to hit (banner of the hydra)

Regiment Buccaneers

Regiment Buccaneers

Regiment Buccaneers

Troop Reaper Guard

Troop Reaper Guard

Gargoyles

Hydra

Standard bearer

Standard bearer

Assassin

High Priestess of the Abyss

The Elfs came with their typical limp wrist-ed elitist poop filled Champagne glass (Yes I lost). 

Greg’s Elfs:

Regiment Archers

Regiment Archers

Regiment Palace Guard

Horde Spearmen

Dragon Lord

Prince

Mage

Dragon fire breath war-machine

Dragon fire breath war-machine

Super light cav

I deployed hard left flank to move up into some mid woods and start using my hand weapons.  Greg deployed with a shooting base mid and his dragon flanking my right.  The first few turns saw my pirates taking out his spears early, his dragon cleared by right flank and managed to waiver my assassin 3 times in a row.  A pivotal turn came when I failed to route his palace guard with my hydra’s counter attack and pirate flank attack, and with Greg’s prince running forward to waiver my assassin and stand in the play of 2 regiments of Buccaneers. The subsequent turn saw his dragon lance my hydra and the Prince to start his epic multi turn one man stand, holding up both regiments and the assassin.  I continued to try and do as much damage as I could but his dragon continued his sweep.  The last turn ended with a high stakes risk, as I turn and shot with 3 units at his dragon, bringing him up to 14 wounds, but ended with the 5th 4 for nerve checks.  The Pirates cursed their luck and quite the field, leaving the Elf’s their territory and giving up one of mine.

POST GAME

Per the scenario I had to choose 1/3 of my killed units to either permanently remove or decrease in size.  I reduced by crossbows and one of my buccaneers.  I was also able to have 2 MVPs be upgraded (one chosen by me and one by my opponent).  A Reaper Guard got Brutal and a Buccaneer got Inspiring.  My opponents Prince got a boost after his epic one man stand.

Post battle list

Troop Crossbows

Regiment Buccaneers. +1 to hit (banner of the hydra)

Regiment Buccaneers. Inspiring

Regiment Buccaneers

Troop Buccaneers

Troop Reaper Guard. Brutal

Troop Reaper Guard

Gargoyles

Hydra

Standard bearer

Standard bearer

Assassin

High Priestess of the Abyss

• Like 1

So, my list:

Pharaoh on chariot

Priest with surge and fireball

Skeleton Horde (with Banner of Murder from the starter game of Vanguard.  Gives them Crushing Strength 1).

Guardian horde

Skeleton cav regiment

mummy regiment

crossbow regiment

catapult

Bone giant

I played Adams Orcs- 2 hordes of axe, horde of trolls, boar-rider regiment, troll leader, orc leader, shaman, 2 skulk troops, gaint

My left was my infantry waiting for the orc axe hordes to come, with lots of lineral obstacles in the way.  on my right, my giant and pharaoh played delaying games against trolls and giants.

The middle was where the game was won- he put his boar riders and skulks here- I picked them off with shooting, my skeleton cav, and my guardians getting a charge in.  With the center mine, I set up a bunch of flank charges in turn 4, and on his turn 4, my opponent conceded.

IMG_1799.jpg.fd7a6f71d8a32b22c45377d054305dee.jpg

My only loss was my giant, so no units permanently lost (it is 1/3 rounded down).  My Guardian Horde got Elite.

We have one game to go (to be played this week), and I will update the map.

• Like 1

The last game of round 1 was finished this morning.  We had Ogres  running ashore against Twilight Kin:

Ogre.thumb.jpg.e140d1e17205c2a888256dc3d0a6c349.jpg

The Ogres didn't make it off the beach, mostly due to a Machine-gun nest the Kin set up in the central forest.   Due to their win, Twilight Kin get a foothold in the ogre lands:

t2.thumb.gif.f0cb1197d9f7c7891c48213403e9f3f7.gif

Turn 2 to be completed later tonight- we should get a write up in a couple days.

• Like 1