Inquisitorial Forces Escalation Force Thread

Inquisitor66

1st week, Starting off with Primaris Deathwatch, Grey Knights Coming Soon.

uUD1yXQ.jpg

++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Deathwatch) [31 PL, 499pts] ++

+ HQ +

Primaris Watch Captain [6 PL, 88pts]: Castellan of the Black Vault, Power sword, Tome of the Ectoclades, Warlord
. Master-crafted auto bolt rifle & bolt pistol: Master-crafted auto bolt rifle

+ Troops +

Intercessors [15 PL, 254pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher
. Aggressor
. . Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher: Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets, Fragstorm Grenade Launchers
. Inceptor
. . Two Assault Bolters: 2x Assault bolter
. Inceptor
. Intercessor: Stalker Bolt Rifle
. Intercessor Sergeant: Auto Bolt Rifle, Chainsword
. Reiver: Combat knife

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 157pts]: Heavy flamer, Heavy Onlsaught Gatling Cannon, 2x Fragstorm Grenade launchers:

++ Total: [31 PL, 499pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Inquisitor66 said:

1st week, Starting off with Primaris Deathwatch, Grey Knights Coming Soon.

uUD1yXQ.jpg

++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Deathwatch) [31 PL, 499pts] ++

+ HQ +

Primaris Watch Captain [6 PL, 88pts]: Castellan of the Black Vault, Power sword, Tome of the Ectoclades, Warlord

+ Troops +

Intercessors [15 PL, 254pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher
. Aggressor
. . Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher: Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets, Fragstorm Grenade Launchers
. Inceptor
. Inceptor

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 157pts]: Heavy flamer, Heavy Onlsaught Gatling Cannon, 2x Fragstorm Grenade launchers:

++ Total: [31 PL, 499pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

I like it, but it's also one more reason I need to tone up my list.

On 1/7/2019 at 10:05 PM, VonVilkee said:

Watch out for morale checks... they can and will hurt when taking bigger squads of multi wound models. Get cheap inquisitors asap. 

I combat squad-ed the Troops, so it ended up being 2 5 man teams. Morale was not an issue.

Week 1 Results:

Acting on information passed on by a mysterious source known only to the Inquisition the Deathwatch sent in a kill team to investigate.  On the planet they found a seemingly abandoned compound, guarded by a small contingent Plague marines.  After routing their foes thanks to the heroic sacrifice of their Primaris Captain, they explored the heretical lab.  It was then that the arch-demon Moratarian appeared.  The squad managed to get a brief message out, but none survived the encounter.

Week 1: Deathwatch vs Deathguard

6 - 5 Deathwatch.

mvp: 5 man team with Stalker Bolt guns firing Hellfire rounds and employing Furor Tactics.

Deathguard VP: Plasma Squad backed up with some psychic buffs, nothing else came close to as threatening.

• Like 3

Likely Week 2 List: Very Similar to Week 1, but with addition of a cheap Grey Knight Detachment.  My lack of CP will likely be annoying, and I am a little concerned about my anti-tank/air ability.  Survival and mobility should be high though. As well as having Something that can engage at all ranges.

++ Patrol Detachment +0CP (Imperium - Deathwatch) [30 PL, 490pts] ++

+ HQ +

Primaris Watch Captain [6 PL, 88pts]: Power sword

+ Troops +

Intercessors [14 PL, 245pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher
. Aggressor
. Aggressor
. Inceptor
. . Two Assault Bolters: 2x Auto bolt Rifle
. Intercessor Sergeant: Chainsword, Assault Bolt Rifle

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 157pts]: Heavy flamer, Heavy Onlsaught Gatling Cannon
. 2x Fragstorm Grenade launchers: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers

++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Grey Knights) [18 PL, 257pts] ++

+ HQ +

Castellan Crowe [7 PL, 80pts]: Sanctuary

+ Troops +

Strike Squad [7 PL, 105pts]: Hammerhand
. 4x Grey Knight (Falchions): 4x Storm Bolter
. Grey Knight Justicar: Storm bolter, Two Nemesis Falchions

+ Dedicated Transport +

Rhino [4 PL, 72pts]: Storm bolter

++ Total: [48 PL, 747pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 5:01 AM, Inquisitor66 said:

Likely Week 2 List: Very Similar to Week 1, but with addition of a cheap Grey Knight Detachment.  My lack of CP will likely be annoying, and I am a little concerned about my anti-tank/air ability.  Survival and mobility should be high though. As well as having Something that can engage at all ranges.

++ Patrol Detachment +0CP (Imperium - Deathwatch) [30 PL, 490pts] ++

+ HQ +

Primaris Watch Captain [6 PL, 88pts]: Power sword

+ Troops +

Intercessors [14 PL, 245pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher
. Aggressor
. Aggressor
. Inceptor
. . Two Assault Bolters: 2x Auto bolt Rifle
. Intercessor Sergeant: Chainsword, Assault Bolt Rifle

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 157pts]: Heavy flamer, Heavy Onlsaught Gatling Cannon
. 2x Fragstorm Grenade launchers: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers

++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Grey Knights) [18 PL, 257pts] ++

+ HQ +

Castellan Crowe [7 PL, 80pts]: Sanctuary

+ Troops +

Strike Squad [7 PL, 105pts]: Hammerhand
. 4x Grey Knight (Falchions): 4x Storm Bolter
. Grey Knight Justicar: Storm bolter, Two Nemesis Falchions

+ Dedicated Transport +

Rhino [4 PL, 72pts]: Storm bolter

++ Total: [48 PL, 747pts] ++

I did expect to see an inquisitor added before GK, but still looks fun.

1 hour ago, Tamwulf said:

Soup already? Makes me sad. 😞

2 patrol detachments is hardly the complained about soup.

22 hours ago, paxmiles said:

I did expect to see an inquisitor added before GK, but still looks fun.

2 patrol detachments is hardly the complained about soup.

Unfortunately I do not have 3 Inquisitors available to me yet, nor do I have a bunch of Acolytes or Unbound Demon Hosts.  I may deploy a single Inquisitor later when I have more CP to work with and the -1 penalty doesn't hurt so much.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Inquisitor66 said:

Unfortunately I do not have 3 Inquisitors available to me yet, nor do I have a bunch of Acolytes or Unbound Demon Hosts.  I may deploy a single Inquisitor later when I have more CP to work with and the -1 penalty doesn't hurt so much.

That makes sense. 

As an aside, any interest in a metal ordo malleous terminator inquistor? I should have an extra of him with a power fist, but I think his gun arm was put to use elsewhere, so he'd need a new right arm (might have an extra storm bolter arm that could work).

14 hours ago, paxmiles said:

That makes sense. 

As an aside, any interest in a metal ordo malleous terminator inquistor? I should have an extra of him with a power fist, but I think his gun arm was put to use elsewhere, so he'd need a new right arm (might have an extra storm bolter arm that could work).

Yeah, I def want that..I have plenty of extra deathwatch and Greyknights bits...and there is always the bits box to replace his missing arm...or just leave him as the one armed inquisitor, maybe strap a mechadentrite to his back for some personality.  How much?

26 minutes ago, Inquisitor66 said:

Yeah, I def want that..I have plenty of extra deathwatch and Greyknights bits...and there is always the bits box to replace his missing arm...or just leave him as the one armed inquisitor, maybe strap a mechadentrite to his back for some personality.  How much?

If I can find him, how's $3 and I get to see him painted if/when you finish him?

The Blasted waste of a planet was guarded by a brave Mordianian force, but they could not hold out for long.  A lone Deathwatch Gunship arrived in system to help combat the Green tide.  With their faith restored by witnessing the arrival of the Space Marines the combined might of the Imperium through back the vile green skinned Xenos.

I doidn't use any of the posted lists, instead I just ran aproximately the 500 pt. list but with a Corvo Blackstar thrown in since its so cool.  It didn't do too much, scoring 0 wounds on turn 1 and 4, killing 2 burnas on turn 3, and killing 1 artillery piece on turn 2(Despite costing around 250 pts)....Sill, so cool.

Imperial Guard + Deathwatch vs. 2x Orcs

Victory for the God Emperor of Mankind.

MVP Deathwatch: The Intercessor Squad put out absurd amounts of gunfire at close range, despite not being able to combat squad.

MVP: Imperial Guard The Ratling Snipers proved an remarkable threat, earning their points back very quickly and surviving at least 1 turn of melee with burna boys.

Rough Draft of the List I'm thinking of for next week...at long last the Inquisitor shows his face...its a Radical Ordo Malleus Inquisitor!!!  He and his men will be riding into battle on the blackstar, and will likely get themselves killed, hopefully after dealing tons of damage to the backline.  If the Intercessors get a chance to Combat Squads 1 of the Aggressors will be joining the sniper team ad the 2 Auto Bolters will join the rest of the Elties for highly mobile anti Infantry action.

and I have a whole 4 CP!!!!

++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Deathwatch) [44 PL, 735pts] ++

+ HQ +

+ Troops +

Intercessors [16 PL, 274pts]
. Aggressor
. Aggressor
. Inceptor
. Inceptor
. Intercessor: Auto Bolt Rifle

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 153pts]: Heavy flamer, Heavy Onlsaught Gatling Cannon
. 2x Stormbolters: 2x Storm Bolter

+ Flyer +

Corvus Blackstar [12 PL, 220pts]: Auspex Array, Hurricane bolter, Twin lascannon
. 2x Blackstar Rocket Launchers: 2x Blackstar Rocket Launcher

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Inquisition) [18 PL, 263pts] ++

+ HQ +

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in Terminator Armour [7 PL, 118pts]: Nemesis Daemon Hammer, Storm bolter
. Psyker: Dominate

+ Elites +

Acolytes [5 PL, 60pts]: Ordo Malleus
. Acolyte: Hot-Shot Lasgun, Laspistol
. Acolyte: Bolt pistol, Hot-Shot Lasgun

Acolytes [5 PL, 60pts]: Ordo Malleus
. Acolyte: Bolt pistol, Power maul

Daemonhost [1 PL, 25pts]

++ Total: [62 PL, 998pts] ++

Did they ever change the points for Acolyte Plasma guns?

Since they are BS 4+ they should be 7 points like in the Astra Militarum Codex, or 11 points with the Chapter Approved '18 updates.

Unless there's been no updates at all and Acolytes are stuck toting around 13 point Plasma guns for *reasons*.

One *reason* = Hey, let's not have a 75 point unit with 5 Plasma guns able to jump in any Imperial Transport and make Intercessors less attractive...

1 hour ago, Frowbakk said:

If they did fold 'em back into the "WitchHunters II" codex, then no one would ever take Celestians ever again.

No Adepta Sororitas keyword; no Acts of Faith; no SoB Stratagems; no SoB Warlord Traits; Worse WS, BS, Sv, and Ld... There's plenty of reasons for someone to prefer Celestians over Acolytes.